Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Love my Revo! Some tips for new guys like me!

I couldn't be happier with my new E-Revo. Over the last 5 weeks or so I've created a monster. One of my buds bought a Emaxx recently and that pushed me into a RC truck. I decided on a Revo- picked up a slightly used stock Erevo and the madness started.
    It wasn't long before I bought a Mamba Monster, then nothing but problems with radio glitching. So, I did some reading on RCU and determined I needed a 2.4ghz radio- bought one of those and problems gone. Then I decided it was time for lipos, ordered up some 2s 20C 8000mah packs and holy cow! Now I know what it's all about. My bud burns though 3 sets of nimh on his brushed Emaxx and I'm still at full power!
    All along I wanted good performance and run-time. This is the ticket. I tried driving his maxx and after 10seconds I'm like "dood, this is a turd" and he's like "yeah, I can't even drive yours it's so freakin nutz"
    So, in summary- This Revo is insane and has handling like I can't believe and I'm totally impressed with the durability. I have litterally done cart wheels for 40 feet, flips like a gymnast and endos and belly flops like a big fat guy. What have I broken? well, one rear body/wing mount. That's it. My buddy has broke his Emaxx a half dozen times. Mostly bulkheads and A=arms. Althought my wing is wasted and it's time for bearings already. We run every day after work in my yard jumping some dirt piles and just bashing around-running into each other quite ofter and learning to drive.
    I couldn't be happier with this truck- If I had done a quarter of the things with my old T-Maxx nitro I would have rebuild it 10 times already- no comparison. I've ran RC everything for over 20 years and I have never seen a RC truck that pleases all the senses like my Revo Brushless does.
    Now that said I'll bust something for sure but that's OK- It deserves some parts for what it's done.
    E-Revo B.E. on 4-S*T-Maxx 15 Orginal Classic*A Dozen Zen powered racing gas boats*Dynaflite Decathlon 84\"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Love my Revo! Some tips for new guys like me!

I can understand your feelings towards your E-Revo.My girlfriend bought me the Brushed version a couple of years ago for my birthday and I dropped an EZRUN 150 amp/2250KV combo in it powered by 2 X Zippy 4900 MaH 30c 3s lipos with a 54T spur gear and 19T pinion-absolutely insane! Last year I did a bit of wheeling and dealing and got a brushless E-Revo and have to say it is the best R/C vehicle I own.The only drawback is finding enough room to really open it up!I have driven it hard,cartwheeled it and haven't broken anything.The only thing I can suggest is make sure everything is tight,especially the wheel nuts(use blue Loctite),keep it clean(air compressor)and drive it whenever you can!
    Regards,
    Jethro,Australia.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

It's really more a matter of getting an RC that suits your purposes and what you want to do, than it is about any specific model.
    The reality is that you and your buddy''s trucks vary greatly, his being more of a true monster truck (and with dual motors and a high center of gravity) that's more designed for rock and hill climbing, mudding, and basically going slow. And meanwhile your eRevo is more of a flat out speed machine, a truggy, more of an offroad machine. It's an apples and oranges comparison, hard to compare two trucks side by side that aren't designed for the same thing.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Your absolutely right, the two aren't in the same class-
    E-Revo B.E. on 4-S*T-Maxx 15 Orginal Classic*A Dozen Zen powered racing gas boats*Dynaflite Decathlon 84\"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

You know what I mean! I will get some 3s packs sometime, I'm ready for more now, and pump up the C too.

Of course, like I said- broke an a-arm today! I bought a set of truggy dish wheels w firm foam, like a bowtie tread. They dont land like pillows like the stock wheels/tires and I had a sidewall landing that snapped a arm and pulled a pivot ball out- yet I was still able to rip even with a broken wing. I like the handeling of the truggy tires though, real agile and exact and balanced! with the stockers in the air the whole truck shakes from the tires being out of balance.