Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Going brushless with e-maxx.

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2010, 12:20 AM
Redvanmafia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Going brushless with e-maxx.

i sold my my exv-2 and kershaw 700 ho motors to a friend after a bad crash, broke the chassis pretty much in half length wise, i think these two big motors had something to do with the ammount of damage, Now im looking to go brushless i took the 25T pinion off one of the kershaw motors and i was wondering if i could use it on my brushless motor? its a 5mm shaft and 32p MOD 0.8 i would like to run 6s ill be kind to the transmission, no rolling front or back flips and will keep a properly adjustest slipper, i would like 50+ mph. I know there is the castle monster max and the tekin rx8 and possibly the XERUN 150A Witch would be the best combo for me?,
Old 11-06-2010, 01:44 PM
deviltrigger529

Default RE: Going brushless with e-maxx.

Do you have the newer emaxx 3905? I bought an emaxx roller solely to put a BL setup in it and I went with the MM and I couldnt be happier. I am using the included 18t pinion and the stock spur and I have plenty of room to gear up, thru an entire run on 6S(LiFe) I can still hold my fingers on the motor for a few seconds and I've never read a temp above like 140F.
Old 11-06-2010, 02:28 PM
guys2nv

25T pinion might be too much-try something in the low 20's to the teens(13t-19t). Ive heard nothing but good about the BL systems in your post. I'll be swapping in the xerun 150A 2000kv setup in my slash 4x4 after i swap in my stock stuff to a pede 4x4 roller. You can find a rc calculator online. I use rc calculations-http://www.scriptasylum.com/rc_speed/_top_speed.html. awesome calculator.
Old 11-06-2010, 04:19 PM
Redvanmafia

im going to pick up the mamba monster i think, because it comes with an 18 tooth pinion, i also have a 25t brass pinion from kershaw i could try aswell, and castle software already installed on my computer from my slash that runs a mamba max.
Old 11-06-2010, 05:41 PM
deviltrigger529

Just make sure to keep an eye on temps running the 25t pinion. You won't have any problems with the 18 like I said, I actually need to pick up a couple more higher count pinions to try out with my maxx.
Old 11-07-2010, 04:52 AM
Redvanmafia

Nice, i figured out i need a new motor mount so thats on the way. its the 3903 with the new battery box hold down straps and revo spec slipper. the 3905 is the older maxx isnt it?, im excited for 6s, i hope the 18t pinion fits with no hassle
Old 11-07-2010, 09:24 PM
deviltrigger529

You dont need a new motor mount/gear cover. I'm still using the stock motor mount and I actually like it because there is more metal there to act a little like a heatsink.

The 3903 and 3905 are exactly the same minus the radios, if you took out the radio you wouldnt know the difference. I'm guessing you have the 3903? If you do I have the same style one you do minus the radio and model number.