Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Zippy batteries and charging

Two questions here has anyone noticed that some of the zippy batteries have a new insane charge rate? I just ordered 2 3s 4000mah 40c batteries for my slash and it says not to charge them at over 5c. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA 20 amps really?

My next question is if I have 2 of the samebatteries that are able to be charged at 8a and I want to parrallel charge themdo I charge them at 8a or 16a? It would seem to me that 16a would work but if one battery draws more for some reason would that put more than 8a into it.

By the way Iknow lipos cause fires and often rape and kill young children but I am willing to look past all ofthat for my own selfish needs and wants. Plus I charge themin a ammo box. Anyways thanksin advance for any info.
    DTX Vendetta ST Brushless
    DTX Raze ST Custom BL
    Ofna Hyper 8 Pro BL
    Trx Revo 3.3
    Trx E-Revo BL
    Trx Slash 4X4

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Zippy batteries and charging

ORIGINAL: inteva6184
    By the way IĀ*know lipos cause fires and often rape and kill young children...
    LOL

anyway, I'm sure you could charge them at 5C, I charge my turnigys slightly over 1C (instead of 5.8A I do 6A). The faster you charge them the faster they shorter their overall lifespan will be though. As for parallel charging, I never mess with it, just seems to be one more thing to go wrong. But yes, you should be able to charge at twice the rate.
    OFNA Jammin CRT.5e, stock sprint 2 drift, Savage Flux (4S), slash (just a roller for now)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

inteva, ThunderbirdJunkie has had a good day/night already, but you made him lol harder than he's lol'd in quite some time. Bravo, good sir.

But, if the battery says it can do it, you might as well do it. ThunderbirdJunkie can't charge any harder than 6 amps with his charger[:@] Maybe he needs to pick up a new one [&:]
    \"Some people can mess up an anvil with a rubber hammer\" -46u
    If you don\'\'t allow yourself to fail, you\'\'ll never allow yourself to succeed-ThunderbirdJunkie

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I'm suspicious of any battery claiming you can feed it more than 2C to be honest. Just approach those situations with a grain of salt.
    RCUniverse.com | Wattflyer.com | RCUvideos.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

We are up to 10 C now for new lipo charge rates. "pretty cool"
    and airplanes were in

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

FoamyVictim doesn't fear lipo, despite their notorious reputation. But charging at 5C seems like "Asking for it". You can try it... but FoamyVictim wouldn't recommend it.

[my pathetic attempt at a ThunderbirdJunkie response]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well fellas I parrallel chargered my 4s batteries for the first time at 13a and nothing exploded.  To be honest once my 3s batteries get a few cycles I will most likely try to charge one at 16a if my power supply and charger are up to it. 
    DTX Vendetta ST Brushless
    DTX Raze ST Custom BL
    Ofna Hyper 8 Pro BL
    Trx Revo 3.3
    Trx E-Revo BL
    Trx Slash 4X4