Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Product Quality?

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: ausjethro

I've used EZ-run(and XE-run sensored)ESC's from 35AMP to 120AMP sizes over the past couple of years-mainly because of the attractive price.Having said that,I have been impressed with their reliability and performance as well as the programming options.The main one I use is the 80AMP size which seems to suit my short course trucks and the motors I use-3500KV to 5700KV.
    good to hear
    only product hobby wing made that I was disappointed in was their 1200kv 35A motor. That sucker cogged like no tomorrow in any application I tried it in, and I went to a crawler forum and the people there said the same thing about it.
    Other than that one motor I've had no issues with their gear
    As a point of interest,I also ran an XErun 3300KV/60AMP sensored combo in an AE SC10-it was smooth as silk-no cogging whatsoever and plenty of grunt in the motor-I'm only sorry I didn't keep when I sold the SC10 but it was too good a deal to pass up!IMO this is even better than the EZrun apart from the chance of damaging the sensor wire during hard bashing.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I've used EZ-run(and XE-run sensored)ESC's from 35AMP to 120AMP sizes over the past couple of years-mainly because of the attractive price.Having said that,I have been impressed with their reliability and performance as well as the programming options.The main one I use is the 80AMP size which seems to suit my short course trucks and the motors I use-3500KV to 5700KV.
    good to hear
    only product hobby wing made that I was disappointed in was their 1200kv 35A motor. That sucker cogged like no tomorrow in any application I tried it in, and I went to a crawler forum and the people there said the same thing about it.
    As a point of interest,I also ran an XErun 3300KV/60AMP sensored combo in an AE SC10-it was smooth as silk-no cogging whatsoever and plenty of grunt in the motor-I'm only sorry I didn't keep when I sold the SC10 but it was too good a deal to pass up!IMO this is even better than the EZrun apart from the chance of damaging the sensor wire during hard bashing.
    actually if the 1200kv was sensored running on a xe-run ESC there wouldn't have been an issue. Sensored motors don't cog at low speed
    But this was before the HW sensored ESC's were even out.
    I run a 2000kv on a 150A XE-run with no issues
    With great speed comes greater repair bills.
    Click on My models to see some of what I own. Eventually will add the rest

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

good to hear
    actually if the 1200kv was sensored running on a xe-run ESC there wouldn't have been an issue. Sensored motors don't cog at low speed
    But this was before the HW sensored ESC's were even out.
    I run a 2000kv on a 150A XE-run with no issues
    If you think sensored motors don't cog at low speeds,try the Venom sensored combo with the 4.5t 540 size motor!I have also had Novak HV PRO sensored combos that liked to cog a little on startup!Running Spektrum receivers with my DX3R,I set my throttle at 150% and don't have cogging issues with non-sensored combos.
    Regards,
    Jethro,
    Australia.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12