Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc
View Poll Results: A poll
tool
33.33%
toy
66.67%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Toy or Tool

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2010, 11:25 AM
J.D.T

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Toy or Tool

I consider RC to be a hobby for 99% of people and the stuff associated with it as toys. There MIGHT be 1000 or so people on the planet that make there living through RC usage, professional races for sure, some specialized photographers, a few people in the military and that is about all the people I can think of that have a valid claim to RC being a tool rather than a toy.
Is your RC a tool or a toy?
Old 12-01-2010, 11:59 AM
Brainanator
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Toy or Tool

I use it as a tool to test the hardness of dirt when I crash into the ground after a jump
Old 12-01-2010, 01:23 PM
rasper

ORIGINAL: Brainanator

I use it as a tool to test the hardness of dirt when I crash into the ground after a jump
now that is not just a statement...its a fact......some grounds are pretty damn hard...

mine is a toll defenately.....for anger management, there is no substatution....15min worth with my rc's is better that 45 min with some dodgy caracters in one room, saying..."Hi, my names Bob and i have an anger problem"
Old 12-01-2010, 02:54 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: rasper

ORIGINAL: Brainanator

now that is not just a statement...its a fact......some grounds are pretty damn hard...

mine is a toll defenately.....for anger management, there is no substatution....15min worth with my rc's is better that 45 min with some dodgy caracters in one room, saying...''Hi, my names Bob and i have an anger problem''
+1
It also a great tool for weight loss
I've went down over 6 pants sizes since I started RCing from having to go run and flip my vehicles back over
Old 12-01-2010, 03:00 PM
HPI E Firestorm

The hobby is to expensive to be considered a toy, much like working on a full-size car. Some may disagree though... >_>
Old 12-01-2010, 03:10 PM
TheyDontWantMusic

ORIGINAL: HPI E Firestorm

The hobby is to expensive to be considered a toy, much like working on a full-size car. Some may disagree though... >_>
full sized cars are toys as well?

just because they're expensive, if you're spending money monifying, and improving your car/rc car, its a toy that you play with.

Old 12-01-2010, 04:20 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

they are my tool to make FUN!
Old 12-01-2010, 05:40 PM
proanti1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: J.D.T
professional races for sure
No... not really. "Professional" racers do not pull all that much money, they actually spend a lot. Racing RC cars is expensive, and gets really expensive when you have to travel to japan to take part in a single race. All the big names are just wealthy, and can afford to take the hobby that far. Even if I was the best RC car driver in the world, I still wouldn't make it to some of the big world championships because I couldn't afford the traveling and expenses.
Old 12-01-2010, 06:22 PM
Redvanmafia

its a somewhat expensive hobby that 99.9% of us do in our spare time to decrease stress, let loose ect...., a toy that we play with big or small its still a toy, a 60' yaght is considered a toy.