Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Buggy for 9yr old

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2003, 11:57 PM
injectedsmile16

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buggy for 9yr old

My little brothers birthday is coming up and were getting him an electric buggy hes not really a beginner he actually knows how to drive and doesnt crash into stuff everytime i was thinking of getting a RC10B4 or an RC10T3 or is there anything else you recommend? keep in mind hes 9 but he can drive pretty good and he doesnt a little kids toy or anything so i just need some suggestions
Old 08-03-2003, 12:03 AM
injectedsmile16

really needs to be a 4wd though...
Old 08-03-2003, 10:02 AM
Holst

is this for fun or racing.

Id be thinking Tmax myself
Old 08-03-2003, 01:10 PM
avance_x

4WD? We'll, if your not on a budget and off-road isyour preference, then get the XXX-4.
Old 08-03-2003, 05:06 PM
injectedsmile16

its just for fun but yeah we were looking at the xxx-4 but its a kit and we wanted it to be rtr but i cant really find any 4wd buggys except that one so i was thinking of maybe getting him a stadium truck the moneys not really a factor its just getting it all put together does the xxx-4 come with the motor and radio and esc cuz i noticed a lot of kits dont and he doesnt really want nitro and i dont want him to have one really either it will be HIS first car thats actually his
Old 08-03-2003, 05:24 PM
injectedsmile16

ok well ive been looking around and i was thinking it might be best for him to see a little bit how to work on them and build them so maybe go with the losi xxx-4 but i dont want to have to buy radio,motor,esc etc. but then he seen the bandit and he thinks its cool looking but i heard its really a little little kids toy so i was thinking maybe if if we got that it only cost like 120 bucks i was thinking maybe just completely tricking it out whats the fastest you think i can get a bandit to go i need to have some torque though to cuz he likes to climb things
Old 08-03-2003, 08:06 PM
bugged
My Feedback: (1)

I got a Losi XX buggy back in 1996 when I was....man....how old...I was like 7!!
I beat the crap out of that thing and it really took the abuse real well! (I didn't crash into things on purpose, I just liked to jump stupid things or try to drive in between things really fast, LOL)
I'm not sure if its true, but I heard that Losi's aren't made as well now as they were then, they said there made of a lighter plastic stuff that makes the whole car alot lighter but much weaker, again, I'm not sure if its true or not.
Old 08-03-2003, 08:32 PM
injectedsmile16

thanks bugged i think i will get an xxx-4 but im gonna go down the LHS this weekend and talk to some people and see what they think maybe see some run down there and as for airjake maybe we should check out his profile and see how hes only flown ONCE and never even touched an rc car or truck...probably the only reason he even got to fly was cuz he sucked his friends nuts a few times
Old 08-03-2003, 08:44 PM
SpoonAvenger

Tamiya has an extensive line of 4wd buggys/trucks that are very durable. Since you said it was mainly for play, you might like one of these, also even their kits come with a motor and MSC usually, and I think they have RTR XB stuff for most of their kits anyways, which comes w/ everything u need to get started...
Old 08-03-2003, 08:48 PM
injectedsmile16

well im probably never even gonna drive it i just want to know what will be good for him were gonna hop it up as he starts getting more and more used to it but he just wants to be able to come out and drive with me and my buddys so wheres the best place to find tamiya products online im gonna check em out...
Old 08-04-2003, 07:40 PM
SpoonAvenger

I'd suggest either typing in "Tamiya" in towerhobbies product search box (or another similar web site) or going to tamiyas site, which i think is www.tamiyausa.com. Ok yeah, i opened another broswer and checked, thats it. Generally it seems in my experiance, that tamiya vehicles are some of the most durable vehicles out there, which sometimes comes at the cost of things like adjustability (tamiya often uses solid molded camber/toe links, which are stronger, but obviously not adjustable). Of course links can be easily bought to render this if its necissary, but if hes just driving for fun with you guys, it probably isnt. You can make it go faster later on by getting a lower-turn motor for it, and some upgrades like ball bearings, depending on what kit you get.
Old 08-08-2003, 07:19 AM
fastest1320

do not get a tamiya, get him a stadium truck he will love it trust me!!!