Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Tamiya chassis questions/help?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2003, 06:52 AM
calsonicgtr_guy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tamiya chassis questions/help?

Hi. I was wondering what is the difference in terms of speed and power between the Tamiya TL-01 chassis and TA04-S chassis? Is there much of a difference in speed and power? Please list both their top speeds if possible, as I need to get an idea of what car I should buy.
Thankyou so much.
Old 08-04-2003, 10:03 AM
evollace

to a larger extent speed of a car (rc and full size) dependent on the engine/ motor and electronic that govern the motor (speed controller in case of rc car).
basically the chassis design dictate handling characteristics (suspension geometry and tunability) and acceleration (drive train efficiency and weight)
out of the 2 that u listed, TA04 is more tunable, and ready to accept high power/lower wind motors (the TL-01 will need more option parts)
Old 08-05-2003, 02:36 AM
Prelude

the TL-01 is a tru beginner's car i have one and i really enjoy it. i don't race but i have heard about TL-01's racing. the TL-01 has a really strong chasis and can take quite a bit of punishment while the TA-04 is designed to be more of a race car like evollace said.
Old 08-05-2003, 06:02 AM
blixelX

may be u can consider about TB01... can be on and off road...
Old 08-05-2003, 06:40 AM
ferrari_turtle

Have you considered th TT-01: That is another great starter chassis from tamiya - and is very new. Its top speed is approx 16mph which is the same as the TL-01 the TA-04 may be faster - im not sure. Hope this helped.