Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

HobbyPartz Lipos?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2010, 07:06 AM
cooldriver385

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HobbyPartz Lipos?

Are the Blue lipos and Sky lipos good quality lipos as well as the Thunder AC6 charger?
Old 12-21-2010, 07:33 AM
andybenton

Default RE: HobbyPartz Lipos?

normally when it comes to batteries and chargers, (really anything you buy)..... the old saying applies, you get what you pay for.
however.

i have been locally racing on these lipo's and with that charger in my losi xxxg4+ all year, and i have no complaints. i cant say how long they will last, and im sure others here have had bad experiances, but some people have had bad experiances with everything ..

any way.

yes for the money, i think, they are pretty decent stuff.
Old 12-21-2010, 07:34 AM
Vic Z

I bought the Sky Charger (same as TA6) and a couple of Blue Lipos 3 months or so back. Both have been great. The other day at the track in the middle of a run my truck just shut down. Battery showed 7.8V or so but my truck wouldn't power up. Switched batteries and truck was fine. Put suspect battery on charger and when you switch display to show cell voltages they wander eradically between 3.5 and 4.5V which I know are all false readings.
Have had good results IMO. Hopefully just an issolated incident. Opened hard case to check connections but looks kind of scary in there.
Anybody seen this before?

Old 12-21-2010, 08:23 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I got 4 of the cheapest sky lipos available (the $7 ones ) and find them ok.
2 are for my merv (have to run them in parallel due to low C-rating), and 2 for the helicopter I got earlier this month.
Also waiting for 2 3S blue-lipos that are on backorder (I ordered them then they magically went out of stock after I got a tracking #...)

Can't complain about their quality though. But the higher C-rated lipos I'd get from HK seeing they cost less there, and are in stock faster
Old 12-21-2010, 12:01 PM
Kylar
My Feedback: (42)

I have a couple 2s 5000mah 40c blue lipos, had them for about 6 months. No issues so far, they charge good, run good, no puffing or any other issues.
Old 12-21-2010, 02:59 PM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

Looking at hobbypartz graphs of the bluelipos tested reveal they are not comparable to the quality acepow packs. I'm guessing they are in the exact same class as many of the other cheapos. Soon I will test some bluelipos , turnigys, ect from HK and HPartz. Don't hold your breath.
Old 12-21-2010, 05:19 PM
Allnighters

Not sure about the longtivity but i have two sky lipos 30c 2s 4000mah and they seem fine but i have not gotten to bash them yet due to the weather here in OH IO. I also have this charger and love it. I charge my 2s lipo in series with a splitter i made. Works good, stays cool. For the price 20 you can buy more packs for longer run times. For racing not so sure? Depends on your situation I guess.
ORIGINAL: cooldriver385

Are the Blue lipos and Sky lipos good quality lipos as well as the Thunder AC6 charger?
Old 12-21-2010, 06:59 PM
Soloratov
My Feedback: (1)

I'll start by saying this topic is old. Real old, people have been arguing about this for...well, since the king/partz sites opened. I had some expensive $90 lipos to start with 4 years ago. They work great. Probably had hundreds (not exaggerating) of runs on them. About a year ago they started only holding about 2/3 rated charge, now, maybe half. So, they are old. I bought 3 turnigy 5000 2 lipos about a year ago. I HAVE BEAT THE CRAP OUT OF THEM. I run my truck hard, and at least 4-5 times a week. It's hard to say you get what you pay for. The truth is, I would bet my next months paycheck 90% of all batteries come from the same place. It's a brand game. 25 bucks for a 5000 2S versus 100? Um, duh, if I buy 4, and 1 is iffy, I'm still way ahead. Friend bought one of the MAXAMPS god batteries.....puffed in 2 months. All I am saying is everyone has a different opinion based on their experience. And those of you who give an opinion without the experience, shame on you.
Old 12-21-2010, 09:07 PM
Allnighters

Like i said,Ihave not bashed them yet but they seem ok, Meaning they balance out ok charged good and run fine just haven`t bashed them. Lipos which i have been running for two years in helis, Seems like if your gonna have problems then its gonna be right away wether it be small like imbalance issues or not holding charge to a puff in two months? User errror? Not shure. Read up on lipos to be familiar with them. I have one set that came from hong kong hat is the exact same model and size, One of them from the getgo was bigger and I always question that battery. Guess what after about 30 runs in my 450 heli it puffed durring flight. The other mate to it is still fine. Goes to show you any manufacturer can make great, good or crap. I may change my opinion but not till I use them well. I do plan on buying more of them. You here alot more of the bad than the good, its called the 3 to 7 rule. Everyone has an opinion. You are right 90% of them probable do come from the same place. Its just a price game.
Old 12-22-2010, 04:31 AM
cooldriver385

I've used Squirrel's videos on lipos and he made my life easier. And no I am not racing, just having some fun bashing.
Old 12-22-2010, 12:49 PM
Ttam Says Blarg

They will do the job just fine.
Old 12-24-2010, 06:34 AM
lean is mean

Does anyone know when they are going to re-stock?
Old 12-25-2010, 06:46 AM
Vic Z

ORIGINAL: lean is mean

Does anyone know when they are going to re-stock?
No rhyme or reason. It just happens when it happens. If you have ordered from them you'll get an email from them.

Old 06-02-2011, 01:00 PM
gensace

Old 06-02-2011, 02:43 PM
sloppyG

are you a paying sponsor gensace? that sure looks like an advertisement to me
Old 06-02-2011, 08:57 PM
deviltrigger529

lulz, way to dig up an old thread just to post an ad...