Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

****NEW TRAXXAS RC TRUCK****

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2011, 07:09 AM
airmayle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ****NEW TRAXXAS RC TRUCK****

TBJ- That truck is cool. How old is that model?
Old 01-09-2011, 02:12 PM
rc awesome

Defintally for a yonger group, but thats a good thing more people in this hobby.  They are allready selling Traxxas in Toys r us and sears, bringing people into this hobby.
Old 01-09-2011, 05:33 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

The USA-1 was a cool truck. 1/8 buggy-based though, came before the QRC trucks (SnakeBite, Ram, Baja Bug)
Old 03-26-2011, 08:08 AM
black mamba

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Say what you will, but I'm 35 and bought the Grave Digger and Monster Mutt replicas. Sure they are for the kids, but they are good enough for adults too. They are SWEET! They look real and perform pretty darn good. So what if they aren't 4WD? They don't need it. The only gripe is the way outdated AM radio they come with, but I have a couple of Traxxas 2.4s on the way. Other than that, these trucks are nothing but fun and can take quite a beating. And a bearing set for them is less than $10.
Old 03-26-2011, 08:14 AM
black mamba

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: airmayle

Krazy Chicken- I looked at A-main and the Wheely King themed bodies look really good. I wonder why they didn't do more of the monster truck theme? As for marketing to younger children you need to go after the trucks that look really different. For example Jurassic Attack, Grave Digger, Batman truck, and Snakebite. These are just some of the trucks that really get the kids going. I think Traxxas is really looking at that younger age market.

It's all about the licensing and money. Traxxas has tons of money (obviously) and a marketing staff willing to take risks.

Most kids don't even know what Snake Bite or Jurassic Attack are. They do know who Monster Mutt, Max D and Grave Digger are though. Traxxas nailed it perfectly. On a sidenote, Traxxas threw Advanced Auto Parts a bone and bodied one of the trucks like their Grinder. So far that isn't a good seller. lol
Old 03-26-2011, 10:48 AM
rayndog3

ORIGINAL: black mamba

ORIGINAL: airmayle

Krazy Chicken- I looked at A-main and the Wheely King themed bodies look really good. I wonder why they didn't do more of the monster truck theme? As for marketing to younger children you need to go after the trucks that look really different. For example Jurassic Attack, Grave Digger, Batman truck, and Snakebite. These are just some of the trucks that really get the kids going. I think Traxxas is really looking at that younger age market.

It's all about the licensing and money. Traxxas has tons of money (obviously) and a marketing staff willing to take risks.

Most kids don't even know what Snake Bite or Jurassic Attack are. They do know who Monster Mutt, Max D and Grave Digger are though. Traxxas nailed it perfectly. On a sidenote, Traxxas threw Advanced Auto Parts a bone and bodied one of the trucks like their Grinder. So far that isn't a good seller. lol
Advanced Auto Parts in the main sponsor of monster jam, so I think they had to throw a bone their way, probably was in the contract.
Old 03-27-2011, 09:46 AM
jamestjr

i have one of these i got from lhs and i think it handle aliitle better than that stampede idk why but it does its not so top heavy and flipping all the time. i think its a good truck but they need to lower the price
Old 03-27-2011, 10:45 AM
ElectricGuy007

ORIGINAL: ThunderbirdJunkie

The USA-1 was a cool truck. 1/8 buggy-based though, came before the QRC trucks (SnakeBite, Ram, Baja Bug)
I remember how huge the nitro version was. Probably equal to the size of the Baja 5SCT to todays standards.
My cousin had the electric version along with a Kyosho Double Dare, im sure TBJ remembers the Double Dare...
Old 03-27-2011, 02:59 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie

Eh, Double Dare was before ThunderbirdJunkie's time, but he's seen a few[&:]
Old 03-27-2011, 09:08 PM
plasmaedge

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i think if you want a monster truck you go with kyosho or tamiya

tamiya txt1/clodbuster

kyosho madforce kruiser ve 
Old 03-27-2011, 09:13 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie

Plasma, he wants something old.
Old 03-27-2011, 09:16 PM
plasmaedge

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

oh =(
Old 03-27-2011, 09:30 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie

Son of a...nevermind, wrong thread
Old 03-28-2011, 09:10 AM
BKoz559

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It's a fun idea but it's a quick way for Traxxas to release a "new" productwith minimaldevelopment. It's still the same Stampede we've all had for the last 10+ years. If anything Iwant the Monster Mutt body with the floppy ears to use on my own car!