Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

YOUR Favorite Off Roader is...

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2011, 07:51 PM
JUCD VPR

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: YOUR Favorite Off Roader is...

Definately the Savage Flux and Brushless E-Revo
Old 01-15-2011, 12:13 AM
screaminglife

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would almost say the original E-Maxx (that was my first RC).... but I have to go with the.... TXT1!

Old 01-15-2011, 12:43 AM
deviltrigger529

In my short time being into electric off road and with my limited garage I'd have to say my e-maxx. I had only slashes for awhile and they were tough as nails but the tiny tires and 2wd werent doing it for me. Once I got the BL e-maxx I was blown away and after a couple small problems got worked out, it was a blast to drive, pretty predictable, awesome air control, wheelies all over the place and it barely gets stuck anywhere like the slashes.. Only thing I would like to do is a rear spool but I dont want to start tearing up diffs with that.

Other than that I used to have a 1/5th scale Firehammer MT and that thing was insane, and it was only an entry level 5th scale.
Old 01-15-2011, 04:28 AM
crazy nick
My Feedback: (29)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had everything from original rc10 more than 20 yrs. ago to a rustler vxl. 1/8 scale buggies w/ $400 dollar engines, TT truggy, tamiya LB, fox and others, T-maxx the day it was released I believe oct. '99 (proud of that one, couldn't believe I got my hands on it.) 2 revos a stampede vxl and a rustler vxl w/ pede wheels and tires . I must say the revo's were fun , but I absolutely love my Rusty, I think it gets more attention than my wife. A little shock leak , fix it asap, bent hinge pin, fix it asap , my wife on the other hand "can I get a back rub , it's sore?" "not now honey workin on R/C stuff" LOL But my rustler is the most fun offroad I've owned hands down. Thank god for brushless and lipos!
Old 01-16-2011, 05:43 AM
res3567

Tamiya Frog with Traxxas electronics......VXL esc powering an Orion13x2Method R SV2,and a Traxxas 2075 servo. This car is really fast and I aint done yet. Future upgrades will include the VXL 3500 motor, installing a a vintage Thorp ball differential, aluminum rear arms,and a mod to put front coil overs in place of the stock supension. I have a set of Rustler front dampners that are going on the rear, and I will use the stock rear Frog dampners up front....for now. Just broke the ball off of one of my uprights after I upgraded to vintage CRP control arms....so I have to fix that causeit can't steer right now......
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	gd93851.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	189.2 KB
ID:	1548747   Click image for larger version

Name:	ca82140.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	125.2 KB
ID:	1548748   Click image for larger version

Name:	by76645.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	166.5 KB
ID:	1548749  
Old 01-16-2011, 06:52 AM
ElectricGuy007

Oh man, you broke the end down in there....good luck getting that out...might have to drill it out...[&:]
If not you might have to get titanium ball ends to solve the breakage issues...
As much power as your putting in that vintage car I can see stuff start breaking...[:-]
Old 01-16-2011, 07:11 AM
res3567

This one brokewhile Iwas tightening it...any ideas on how to get it out? And yes...the steering is the next item plan on upgrading.....

Old 01-18-2011, 03:14 PM
jmoney0908
My Feedback: (-1)

Personally mine is my jammin x2 crt,which i converted to brushless.i have hit poles goin about twenty and kept on truckin'.For its price you cant beat it 300usd and virtually indestructable.Ive had buggies truggies and monster trucks,but the truggy is by far my fav.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______________
Jammin x2 crt
Jammin crt.5
AE rc8t
Ae mini mgt. 3.0
Ofna violator
kyosho mp777

Old 02-03-2011, 04:20 PM
Krazy Chicken

some action shots of mine, stolen from my video of the king

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ze8MjkwSLWY

sorry about the quality, i need a new camera to take video

Old 02-03-2011, 09:39 PM
res3567

Tha thing has wings
Old 02-03-2011, 10:05 PM
nitroade

SC8e: handles, it's fast and looks great
Old 02-04-2011, 10:59 PM
rhowe

ORIGINAL: rhowe

#1 cc-01 jeep scaled and modded out. for scale it can crawl
#2 don't laugh, hornet with a grasshopper body, locked diff with a 45t brushed motor, stock rears and brat tires up front(my trail beater) cause its hard to stop and i can hit stuff with it
#3 2wd stampede brushless. got me back into rc
#4 fire dragon 27t. 4wd with great ground clrearence and i can hit stuff with it
#5 frog 1985 trinity monster horsepower championship motor and i can hit stuff with it
#6 rising storm brushless. too fast!
#7 is still in the attic, i forget if its another hornet or grasshopper. i guess i could use it to hit stuff with.
this is the new list since my pop threw away my original collection a ways back.. fox, hornet, ultima and a thundershot..this is the tamiya thread right?
one more tamiya to add- just got a new rtr m04l Volkswagen beetle. beautiful scale scene watching it scoot down the road! my first on road car and i'm surprised how fun this thing is... minus the 10" of snow