Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

1/10 4WD basher

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2011, 12:20 PM
acecchi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1/10 4WD basher

Forgive if this was discussed, Ilooked but did not find.

Iam looking to buy a 4WD truck for bashing, maybe some racing. A buddy has a 4WD slash default with 3s lipo and Ido not want a traxxas. Iam mainly a Kyosho guy with an RB5 SP and Zx5 SP and even though Icurrently ride 6c NIMH Ido well in battle against the slash. Unfortunatley the slash usually gets the better of me if there are "incidents".. rubbing is racing after all.

Anyway, Iknow the slash is considered 1/10 but it seems to be more like 1/8 to me - at least standing next to my buggies. Iam looking for a truck similar in size to the slash that will be able to hold its own against it. I prefer 4WD and sturdy. Isaw Losi is coming out with something as is Durango (never heard of them). Iam willing to wait a bit and cost is not a big issue so Iam relatively open. Iwill probably look to go 550 BLwith 2-3s lipo setup.

Thanks for your suggestions.
Old 01-21-2011, 12:35 PM
JUCD VPR

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: 1/10 4WD basher

In 1/10 scale I would say an HPI E-SAVAGE hands down for the price!

Tough, fast, and they can handle and bash GREAT! If you want it faster run 2S Lipos and if you want ti even faster I know a cheap Brushless/ESC combo I can let you know about that will make it much fast for under 90 bucks from hobbyking. I just converted an E-Savage to brushless and it is a great truck!
Old 01-21-2011, 12:36 PM
JUCD VPR

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If money is no option then a SAVAGE FLUX HP would be my next choice but it's a 1/8 so it's bigger.
Old 01-21-2011, 12:48 PM
airmayle

Are you looking for a Monster truck or a SC truck? If you are looking for SC truck all the major company's has one out. Kyosho has both out, a Monster truck and a SC truck. You said price point wasn't a factor so I would look at Team Durango. They have a new SC truck coming out and it looks like top of the line. I would check out there web-site to get a better idea of what they offer.
Old 01-21-2011, 12:55 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: acecchi

Anyway, I know the slash is considered 1/10 but it seems to be more like 1/8 to me - at least standing next to my buggies.
Buggies are a tad small
My 1/10th scale stadium truck HPI MT's(MT1 and MT2) are the same size as my ofna jammin X1 buggy which is 1/8th.
My 1/16th(Mini revo), and 1/12th scale truck(jammin .5) are around the size of my 1/10th scale buggies.
So it seems buggies run smaller in size in comparison to trucks

Now as for SC trucks I like what the person in this thread http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_10275174/tm.htm did IMO it looks really nice, and durable.

OFNA Jammin SCRT10 should be good seeing it shares the majority of its parts with the jammin .5
Old 01-21-2011, 12:56 PM
sloppyG

if you want something like the slash, but not by traxxas you've got ofna, jammin and soon to be losi to check out

if you're looking for a monster truck type vehicle you've got a ton of options as well
Old 01-21-2011, 12:58 PM
acecchi

Iguess more of a SCtruck- similar to the slash. Isaw the Savage Flux - thing looks like a beast. Taller and wider than the slash, but shorter overall - both have same wheelbase. How do they call the slash 1/10 and the Savage Flux 1/8 IDK. Idid see the durango but have no hostory with them. Ilove my Kyosho's - newly back in the hobby after a few years and still putting my classics in shelf king condition - all Kyosho. So Iwoudl love to stick Kyosho but Ithink they are much better racers than bashers (in my somewhat limited experience) and if Iwant to hold my own against the slash (which is in my opinion not so much a racer but mainly a basher) then Ineed something that will be a bit more durable. Iknow Kyosho has the SC, but it is 2WD and again although it can probably tear up the slash in speed with similar configurations, I do not think it would hold up with some friendly bumpin...

Much appreciated.
Old 01-21-2011, 01:04 PM
sloppyG

http://www.amainhobbies.com/index.ph...rt-Course-Kits
Old 01-21-2011, 01:51 PM
e123

What about a [link=http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_info.php/cPath/1_44_228/products_id/158423/n/Kyosho-DBX-VE-Ready-Set-1-10th-4WD-Electric-Off-Road-Buggy?utm_source=Google-Base&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Product-Feeds&source=google_ext]Kyosho DBX VE[/link]? Its not a SC truck but it looks like a pretty solid kit. Good reviews, a brand you like, 4WD, and its pretty big too.
Old 01-21-2011, 02:39 PM
acecchi

Thanks sloppy. Ithink Iwill hold out for the Durango and Losi trucks to check them out. They look pretty bad ...

Kyosho DBX VE is a buggy.
Old 01-21-2011, 02:59 PM
rclugnut10
My Feedback: (1)

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...Off-Road-Buggy

idk if you actually looked at the link but the dbx ve is pretty much a truck it runs truck wheels and it's wider than most buggies and the only the only thing that makes it a buggy is the body and wing, well really just the body if it had a truck body it'd be a truggy...

the lug
Old 01-21-2011, 03:55 PM
powerslider

ORIGINAL: acecchi

Forgive if this was discussed, Ilooked but did not find.

Iam looking to buy a 4WD truck for bashing, maybe some racing. A buddy has a 4WD slash default with 3s lipo and Ido not want a traxxas. Iam mainly a Kyosho guy with an RB5 SP and Zx5 SP and even though Icurrently ride 6c NIMH Ido well in battle against the slash. Unfortunatley the slash usually gets the better of me if there are "incidents".. rubbing is racing after all.

Anyway, Iknow the slash is considered 1/10 but it seems to be more like 1/8 to me - at least standing next to my buggies. Iam looking for a truck similar in size to the slash that will be able to hold its own against it. I prefer 4WD and sturdy. Isaw Losi is coming out with something as is Durango (never heard of them). Iam willing to wait a bit and cost is not a big issue so Iam relatively open. Iwill probably look to go 550 BLwith 2-3s lipo setup.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Take a hard look at the SC8E, this is what your after....