Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

SC10 4x4

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 01:13 PM
mc4798
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SC10 4x4

Avideo that WAS on RC caraction but has since been taking down.

6:00 supposed to be a bunch of goodies on there.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aY1h8Z2dKT8&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

According to the on track footage may very well be the fastest SC truck

Old 01-28-2011, 02:08 PM
Krazy Chicken

Default RE: SC10 4x4

http://www.facebook.com/#!/notes/team-associated/sc10-4x4-kit/10150126657270701

http://www.teamassociated.com/cars_a...s/SC10_4x4/Kit
Old 01-28-2011, 02:20 PM
mc4798

Looks pretty nice.

Old 01-28-2011, 02:48 PM
hasek1616

yeah it does look like it will be a pretty good car, its a small thing but i like that they didnt use hex heads on the bottom and they tried to keep all the screws on one side of the chassis, but i would like to see this up against the team durango sct, a shootout would be nice to see from somebody, but i bet we'll be seeing one from squirelod on youtube as soon as its released
Old 01-28-2011, 02:55 PM
airmayle

Interesting, they went with a belt system when all the other company's choose to stick with a shaft driven setup. If there are any other belt system SCT please correct me.
Old 01-28-2011, 02:56 PM
mc4798

No other belt drive I am aware of.

Good video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=eDvibq1jsP4

Tower has it listed for $269.00
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LNAXLK&P=G

Old 01-28-2011, 10:20 PM
gelbschnee

holy crap...does anyone know when they are releasing this truck?
Old 01-28-2011, 10:38 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

Should be hitting shelves mid-march. ThunderbirdJunkie preordered his at the LHS.
Old 01-29-2011, 12:30 AM
JsK

ORIGINAL: airmayle

Interesting, they went with a belt system when all the other company's choose to stick with a shaft driven setup. If there are any other belt system SCT please correct me.

If you look at the design it is basicly two T4/SC10 trannys on a single chassis. The rear has a standard slipper with a belt gear sandwiched inbetween, at
the front the belt drives a oneway clicker ALA Losi and the xx-4/street weapon. No real good way to do this with a shaft. As long as they have the belt
sealed up well it should work fine.
Old 01-29-2011, 02:16 AM
mc4798

ORIGINAL: ThunderbirdJunkie

Should be hitting shelves mid-march. ThunderbirdJunkie preordered his at the LHS.
I will stick with my slash 4x4 for now but this truck and the new TQ/Teamc truck are the best looking of the bunch so far imo. 4x4 Class is getting better by the week

Old 01-29-2011, 02:24 AM
My Feedback: (4)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's innovative as hell, and I applaud AE For not taking an existing chassis and shortening the control arms. But, it's electric. There's already only about 9001 or so electric short course trucks on the market. So where's the nitro version, AE? Are those of us who, apparently, are insane enough to still want nitro going to have to get our short course fix with a Traxxas truck? Take out a second mortgage to acquire the startlingly overpriced SC8? Or are we going to have to convert RC10GTs?
Old 01-29-2011, 05:44 AM
proanti1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow... I can already sense this thing doing horribly. Why didn't they just base it off the b44 platform? Then there would be parts support, and a non-retarded looking drive train.
Old 01-29-2011, 06:13 AM
ozzie-crawl

Hmm i want a 4x4 to be built solid,not saying it wont be fast but some alloy would be nice
looks like they went light weight,exact opposite to losi who looks like they went more along the 1/8 scale beefiness.
just hope the slipper clutch doesn't meen another plastic diff truck []
Old 01-29-2011, 07:44 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie

ORIGINAL: 378

It's innovative as hell, and I applaud AE For not taking an existing chassis and shortening the control arms. But, it's electric. There's already only about 9001 or so electric short course trucks on the market. So where's the nitro version, AE? Are those of us who, apparently, are insane enough to still want nitro going to have to get our short course fix with a Traxxas truck? Take out a second mortgage to acquire the startlingly overpriced SC8? Or are we going to have to convert RC10GTs?
ThunderbirdJunkie is converting an XXX-NT. Pretty easy[&:]
ORIGINAL: proanti1

Wow... I can already sense this thing doing horribly. Why didn't they just base it off the b44 platform? Then there would be parts support, and a non-retarded looking drive train.
You know, you just have no vision, do you? This truck has come to kick ass and chew bubblegum...and it's all out of gum. Parts support? What's the problem, it's an Associated truck.

It was tough to get B4 parts back when the B4 came out, too...and the B44 SCT conversions are fragile.

You have obviously never been on a racetrack.
Old 01-29-2011, 08:46 AM
mc4798

You know, you just have no vision, do you? This truck has come to kick ass and chew bubblegum...and it's all out of gum. Parts support? What's the problem, it's an Associated truck.

It was tough to get B4 parts back when the B4 came out, too...and the B44 SCT conversions are fragile.

+100
Everyonce in awhile I agree with TBJ, This is one of those times

Everything about this truck says quality. This will be the 4x4 SC truck to beat imo.
Old 01-29-2011, 09:50 AM
My Feedback: (4)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ThunderbirdJunkie is converting an XXX-NT. Pretty easy
I wouldn't mind getting my hands on an RC10GT2 and converting that. Would be interesting to see a converted GT2 and a converted XXX-NT race one another.

Though I'd have to hand the controls off. I don't race, never even seen an RC track, so my driving would ruin any chance for a decent comparo. lolz.
Old 01-29-2011, 10:15 AM
proanti1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You obviously have no idea what an opinion is.
Old 01-29-2011, 11:30 AM
snapper21

opinion = opening for counter opinion
Old 01-29-2011, 11:47 AM
Lilredmachine

I love it when people post blatant bull**** on an internet forum then when it gets ripped apart, jump behind the 'it's my opinion' defence.

Newsflash: An internet forum is in the public domain, you don't have a priveliged right to simply jizz your opinion everywhere and expect it not to be challenged. Got a problem with that I suggest you go set up a blog and vomit your opinion onto a keyboard there, so we can ignore your caustic posts completely.

Truck looks good, people need to remember that the SC18 is a 4x4 belt drive SC, it's just smaller. This appears to be the same design but larger.
Old 01-29-2011, 12:32 PM
ElectricGuy007

Good deal! I really like what AE does. They make a 4wd SCT everyone really wants...
make it easier to work on, and make it excel on the race tracks.
I want one but wont be getting one on release day. But it's on my list of new cars to get this year.
So many many neat cars/trucks are coming out this year...it's just that time of the year to buy again.
Old 01-29-2011, 01:54 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie

You obviously have no idea what an opinion is.
And you obviously have no clue how many people have converted B44s and found out that the B44 is NOT a good platform for a 6 pound TRUCK with 4" tall tires. Opinions are one thing, but spouting uneducated BS is a whole 'nother story. What, are you going to cite the fact that "belts stretch out" and "belts break" as reasoning for not using belt drive? News flash, junior...gears wear out and break, too...ask ThunderbirdJunkie's Jeeps he's had over the years. And those are a whole lot stouter than what's in a short course truck, and broke under a lot less abuse.

God forbid that somebody actually engineer a purpose-built truck to race in a class thats' dominated by rehashed stretched designs. What is retarded looking about this drivetrain? simply the fact that you've never seen it before? Of course, you know exactly how it's going to hold up, because you're the one that's been working on it for over a year, rehashing designs and making sure it's perfect for release, aren't you? And you act like every LHS has B44 parts hanging on the wall. Which ones? Never seen B44 parts at the LHS aside from special orders, personally. ThunderbirdJunkie has probably worked in more hobby shops than you've patronized.

Seriously, ThunderbirdJunkie would be worried if you made a post on RCU that was an intelligent, unique thought...because something would be amiss.
Old 01-30-2011, 01:09 PM
combatman

TBJ, you remind me of a "Seinfeld" character, Jimmy, who always referred to himself in the third person as well
Old 01-30-2011, 01:50 PM
ElectricGuy007

ORIGINAL: Lilredmachine

I love it when people post blatant bull**** on an internet forum then when it gets ripped apart, jump behind the 'it's my opinion' defence.

Newsflash: An internet forum is in the public domain, you don't have a priveliged right to simply jizz your opinion everywhere and expect it not to be challenged. Got a problem with that I suggest you go set up a blog and vomit your opinion onto a keyboard there, so we can ignore your caustic posts completely.

Truck looks good, people need to remember that the SC18 is a 4x4 belt drive SC, it's just smaller. This appears to be the same design but larger.
Truck does look good. The belts are gonna be beefy to be able to handle 550 and 540 brushless motors.
Gear diffs to do even more tweeking on the truck to get it to perform even better.
They probably went with gear diffs to be able to see the truck perform outdoors as well.
AE has had this truck in R & D for 2 years so it's gonna be tough and be able to handle the rigors of racing.
Im glad they went with a totally new platform and not a B44 SCT. Those have already been tested and
they didnt live up to AE's expectations.

Best part I like about the truck is 12mm hex style wheels to be able to use other manufactorer's wheels.
12mm has become the new standard in SCT's since the slash. Finding wheels to fit should be easy.
Old 01-30-2011, 02:38 PM
combatman

How does everyone know that AE really put SC10 4x4 through the rigors in those 2 years of testing? I only ask because of the following three disappointing vehicles:

1) The SC18 gave A LOT of people problems when it first came out, and still does with the overly tight drivetrain. At one national championship indoor event, people were thoroughly disappointed with the overheating motors. Where was the rigorous pre-release testing on that?

2) And, since everyone brings it up, what about the pre-release testing on the B44? When so many people were unhappy with that vehicle, why was IT released in its present form?

3) Regarding the SC10 2WD when it was released, there were A LOT of reports of broken chassis around the steering servo, not to mention the plethora of broken A Arms. When Associated finally decided to add additional support to these areas in the newer releases (brushless RTR and FT kit), they essentially acknowledged that these areas were in fact a bit flawed (prone to break in the experience in many people). Their testing department either missed these issues as well, or overlooked them.

I like AE products too, don't get me wrong. Before anyone decides to flame me, I am playing devil's advocate here, nothing more. Isn't it a bit early to talk about the durability of this design? I too am excited about the SC10 4x4, but I remain VERY cautious in my optimism.
Old 01-30-2011, 02:51 PM
sloppyG

I know I want one, it looks good

now I need to decide if I want to be an early adopter or give it 6 months or so for them to work some kinks out of it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.