Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc
View Poll Results: A poll
Traxxas forum Mods are fair and balanced and do not abuse their power.
13.21%
Traxxas Mods ban you for having any opinion differing from theirs.
45.28%
Never joined, but heard the mods are the best thing since sliced bread
0%
Never joined but heard many gripes about the actions of the Mods there
41.51%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Opinion Or Experiance Over At The Traxxas Forums

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2011, 12:16 AM
Pede_VXL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Opinion Or Experiance Over At The Traxxas Forums

ORIGINAL: ThunderbirdJunkie

ThunderbirdJunkie lol'd so hard he pooped a little.

Pede_VXL thinks thats pretty nasty and should be kept to oneself...
Old 02-13-2011, 12:56 AM
ozzie-crawl

ORIGINAL: ozzie-crawl

ORIGINAL: ReaperGN

What if he does not leave?
if the traxxas moderator wont leave we should all RUSTLER up some BANDITs together and STAMPEDE his ass on a rope up to the mountain SUMMIT then SLASH the rope
once he gets T-he maxx speed, it will be the ULTIMITE BLAST getting rid of such a VILLIAN, mite start a REVOlution and be a rite BLAST
then we all could be PLATINUM members

i realise that makes no sense

Time to crank up some SLAYER and start up the REVOlution[&:]

Watchin' this thread like a HAWK, 'cuz one of two things is gonna happen;
Either somebody's gonna infect the Traxxas forums with the RCU SPIRIT, or we're gonna see the SLEDGE(ban)HAMMER come down on the VILLAINs[&:]

(yeah, that was a stretch)
glad someone liked my little attempt at humour

i think its obvious there is a number of people not happy the way they were treated by some of the mods from traxxas forums.
yes they have a rite to censor what is written on there threads but looks like they have done more harm than good
Old 02-13-2011, 03:14 AM
ElectricGuy007

ORIGINAL: ozzie-crawl

What if he does not leave?
if the traxxas moderator wont leave we should all RUSTLER up some BANDITs together and STAMPEDE his ass on a rope up to the mountain SUMMIT then SLASH the rope
once he gets T-he maxx speed, it will be the ULTIMITE BLAST getting rid of such a VILLIAN, mite start a REVOlution and be a rite BLAST
then we all could be PLATINUM members

i realise that makes no sense

Time to crank up some SLAYER and start up the REVOlution[&:]

Watchin' this thread like a HAWK, 'cuz one of two things is gonna happen;
Either somebody's gonna infect the Traxxas forums with the RCU SPIRIT, or we're gonna see the SLEDGE(ban)HAMMER come down on the VILLAINs[&:]

(yeah, that was a stretch)
Sledge(ban)Hammer....that's a good one....
I had a pede once that appeared to be rusty, the BAD-MAXX couldnt hang with the E-Revo,
then the slash came along and changed everything, now we see SLAYER's and mini-slashes, and mini-revo,
then the SUMMIT got popular then we saw a mini-summit and mini rally cars spawn from that same chassis.
(OK lets give the people something to really grit thier teeth with, how about a pede dressed up like a
grave digger truck and we could have monster jam licensed vehicles. Make them cheap like the pede
so they are affordable for the consumer.) I think I just completed Traxxas History in one paragraph.[sm=what_smile.gif]

Wish other companies were that simple. Assocaited and Losi go even further back....
I could start with the JRX2 buggy from Losi camp, or the RC100 from assocaited...it would take forever to type it thou..[&:]
Old 02-13-2011, 05:45 AM
FahrtAutoRC

I love the maturity level here. One guy makes a couple of profiles and starts trolling now all of a sudden everyone is freakin out on everyone else and the "screw Traxxas" mentality has spread thru these forums more hardcore than it has ever been. My advice to all of the people involved? Dont feed the trolls, stop abusing each other and grow up because this is going nowhere but downhill and making everyone look foolish.
Old 02-13-2011, 07:04 AM
My Feedback: (4)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

To wrangle this out-of-control behemoth back onto the circuit, I've heard enough complaints about the power trippers to avoid the TRX forums like they hand out free Ebola samples to new members.
Old 02-13-2011, 07:22 AM
ozzie-crawl

just so this thread is not just complaining here is a short video for your entertainment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyJ59GXoXx8
Old 02-13-2011, 07:29 AM
ElectricGuy007

It just amazes me how bad people beat on thier traxxas trucks...
Jumping a roof, jumping a couple lined up parked cars....
Even try to jump 2 cars...
They are not indestructable like everyone tells you, people find ways to break 'em...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UQMC4pxQXM[/youtube]
Old 02-13-2011, 08:13 AM
TherealDadx2mj

No one has chosen to take me up on the offer to contact me at the Traxxas forum. I have posted a "Vistor Message" on my profile on the Traxxas forum IF anyone is interested that should clear up who is the real Dadx2mj and who is the impotor/troll. Just click the link below.

http://traxxas.com/forums/member.php?66233-Dadx2mj

The message will stay there for a few days to a week then be removed. With that I say goodbye to this forum
Old 02-13-2011, 09:18 AM
sloppyG

it is sad how people get so fired up over being kicked out of a forum

if you're not wanted somewhere, get over it

if you're actually upset with the traxxas forums, the way to hurt them is to not talk about them, and not to participate in their forums
threads like this probably lead more people to head over there and participate
Old 02-13-2011, 12:27 PM
mechanizeddeath

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As people have said, it's their forum and their rules, and thankfully there are plenty of other places to post, like RCU.

I joined the day I bought my Pede, but never posted and doubt I can even remember my password. I heard a lot of complaints on other sites about how oppressive the forum mods were, and how minor things most people wouldn't even think about will result in warnings or a ban. For instance, I believe "Tamiya" is treated like a cuss word over there. I decided I wouldn't even bother, since I tend to find one forum for each topic I'm interested in, and stick with it. For my RC hobby, I chose RCU.

Maybe one day when I'm bored, I'll dig out my password and make a well constructed post that compares and contrasts my two most-run vehicles, the Stampede and Grasshopper. It might be fun to see the mods overreact to the mention of a 25 year old vintage kit RC with a hard plastic body and driver doll. [&:][&:][&:]

For the record, I like the Traxxas brand just fine, I used to make fun of them but they do have wonderful LHS parts support and the aftermarket is incredible. As a company they do a lot of promoting that helps our hobby as a whole, even the aircraft guys in a roundabout way.
Old 02-13-2011, 12:45 PM
ReaperGN

Sledge(ban)Hammer....that's a good one....
I had a pede once that appeared to be rusty, the BAD-MAXX couldnt hang with the E-Revo,
then the slash came along and changed everything, now we see SLAYER's and mini-slashes, and mini-revo,
then the SUMMIT got popular then we saw a mini-summit and mini rally cars spawn from that same chassis.
(OK lets give the people something to really grit thier teeth with, how about a pede dressed up like a
grave digger truck and we could have monster jam licensed vehicles. Make them cheap like the pede
so they are affordable for the consumer.) I think I just completed Traxxas History in one paragraph.[sm=what_smile.gif]

Wish other companies were that simple. Assocaited and Losi go even further back....
I could start with the JRX2 buggy from Losi camp, or the RC100 from assocaited...it would take forever to type it thou..[&:]

You should really do some research on the older traxxas vehicles. They have been around since the late 80's like most of the other big companies. There was also a tie when traxxas was race oriented and made some amazing vehicles that can still whoop the competition. And the revo is a crutch for people who cant handle a real monster truck. All the other MT's use upright shocks and a fairly similar layout.
Old 02-13-2011, 12:56 PM

IMO the Revo looks like what happens when someone tries to build a jack-of-all-trades truck. This is how I imagine the TRX engineers were discussing the Revo...

Engineer 1: Okay, the Tmaxx drives like a Mack truck and snaps in half easily, yet people still try to race them...Okay, guys, any ideas?
Engineer 2: Well, we can get rid of those stupid bulkheads and just extend the chassis plate a bit to compensate. That will solve the snappy-in-halfy problem. But I'm still perplexed as to how to make it handle.
Engineer 4: Oh, hey, check this out. This F1 car uses a pretty cool suspension system. Maybe if we put it on the Revo it will handle good too?
Engineer 1: BRILLIANT! Let's do it!
Old 02-13-2011, 02:26 PM
ReaperGN

The T-Maxx handles fine considering the era it comes from. It is also one of the best selling monster trucks of all time. About the only thing that might have out sold it is the Clod Buster. The revo is just a sad attempt from traxxas to make a truggy that failed so they called it a monster truck. No one else has done a suspension like the revo because it's not as good as a traditional setup and never will be. And the suspension in a F1 or similar car only works with extreme amounts of down force. With out it the cars goes everywhere side ways. Your trying to be funny and your failing miserably. So I suggest you find a new hobby because apparently you cant drive a RC and you cant make half way decent jokes. Maybe stamp collecting would be easier for you.
Old 02-13-2011, 02:48 PM
sloppyG

The T-Maxx handles fine considering the era it comes from. It is also one of the best selling monster trucks of all time. About the only thing that might have out sold it is the Clod Buster. The revo is just a sad attempt from traxxas to make a truggy that failed so they called it a monster truck. No one else has done a suspension like the revo because it's not as good as a traditional setup and never will be. And the suspension in a F1 or similar car only works with extreme amounts of down force. With out it the cars goes everywhere side ways. Your trying to be funny and your failing miserably. So I suggest you find a new hobby because apparently you cant drive a RC and you cant make half way decent jokes. Maybe stamp collecting would be easier for you.
how long has the Revo been around, and how long have truggies been around?
Old 02-13-2011, 03:13 PM
Lilredmachine

The Revo was an interesting take on the MT. And a brushless converted 3.3 was a proper weapon on the track. Shame the E-revo was a plastic pig.
Old 02-13-2011, 03:40 PM

The T-Maxx handles fine considering the era it comes from.
I've driven one. They handle like Mack trucks. They understeer, they have the turning radius of a small moon, and they like to traction roll.

Not that that's a bad thing. They're not supposed to handle well. They're supposed to crush things, and if they can't crush it, ramp off of it. They do what they are designed to do, but if you for one moment think any monster truck handles well you are mistaken. My CEN handles badly, Savages handle badly, Tmaxxes handle badly, they all do, and with the amount of money it would take to make one handle decently you can buy a truggy that will quite literally run rings around it right out of the box.

It is also one of the best selling monster trucks of all time.
Why don't you be so kind as to quote where I said it wasn't?
And the suspension in a F1 or similar car only works with extreme amounts of down force. With out it the cars goes everywhere side ways.
That's why I prefer watching Monaco over Monza.

Your trying to be funny and your failing miserably. So I suggest you find a new hobby because apparently you cant drive a RC and you cant make half way decent jokes. Maybe stamp collecting would be easier for you.
And now you pull out the baseless insults. This is where you forfeit any credibility you might have had, which if I'm honest isn't all that much in the first place considering you're trying to argue that a monster truck actually handles good. You might as well admit it, give in and have a think. As for me getting a new hobby, hell no. I'm not going to let some guy on the internet who reaches for personal attacks within five sentences tell me what I can and can't do with my spare time.
Old 02-13-2011, 04:05 PM
ReaperGN

I made you reply didn't I? And I never said that monster trucks are the best handling vehicles out there. They only handle badly if you cant drive them. As for credibility I am not the one saying that a MT cant make it around a corner. Also 4wd has always understeered and always will. But understeer does not mean you cant control the truck. Now to say a truggy will always out perform a MT is ridicules. On a groomed track yes. In rough terrain, no. In tall grass, no. over objects, no. I feel that you should realize your tall horse is made of plastic and step down. Maybe then you might not make such general statements such as a MT can not handle well. Or argue simple facts. Or say something is baseless when there was a base of you making some rather terrible jokes. And if you read this I made you do something else.
Old 02-13-2011, 05:18 PM
rc awesome

ORIGINAL: TherealDadx2mj

No one has chosen to take me up on the offer to contact me at the Traxxas forum. I have posted a "Vistor Message" on my profile on the Traxxas forum IF anyone is interested that should clear up who is the real Dadx2mj and who is the impotor/troll. Just click the link below.

http://traxxas.com/forums/member.php?66233-Dadx2mj

The message will stay there for a few days to a week then be removed. With that I say goodbye to this forum
No one freaking cares go back to the traxxas fourm.
Old 02-13-2011, 05:40 PM
ElectricGuy007

ORIGINAL: 378

IMO the Revo looks like what happens when someone tries to build a jack-of-all-trades truck. This is how I imagine the TRX engineers were discussing the Revo...

Engineer 1: Okay, the Tmaxx drives like a Mack truck and snaps in half easily, yet people still try to race them...Okay, guys, any ideas?
Engineer 2: Well, we can get rid of those stupid bulkheads and just extend the chassis plate a bit to compensate. That will solve the snappy-in-halfy problem. But I'm still perplexed as to how to make it handle.
Engineer 4: Oh, hey, check this out. This F1 car uses a pretty cool suspension system. Maybe if we put it on the Revo it will handle good too?
Engineer 1: BRILLIANT! Let's do it!
Same Thing I was thinking.
Although I thought the Revo copied the TTech Predator Cars,
these cars hit the market a couple years before the Revo did. If I remember correctly, thier design goes way back til the mid 90's.
The suspension on this 4wd buggy is the same as on the Revo.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn37959.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	1563238  
Old 02-13-2011, 07:21 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Ok guys, I'm putting an end to these games right now. What happens on the Traxxas forums really isn't something that we're going to worry about here on RCU. If they have problems with Moderation on those forums that is their problem. These game of members creating usernames here impersonating moderators on the Traxxas forum in an attempt to embarrass those moderators needs to stop right here and right now. If it continues those doing WILL be banned from RCU.
Thread locked
Ken