Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

an old toygrade RC badly needs your help!

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2011, 10:04 AM
scotty4Him

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: an old toygrade RC badly needs your help!

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

my god this post hurt to read as an electric engineer [:@]

1st off you cannot and I mean CANNOT blow a heatsink. You fried the mosfets/rectifiers/transistors hooked up to the heatsinks.
Grabbing random parts that look similar will NOT work honestly you have a better chance of winning the lottery a few hundred times in a row, and becoming a multi-billionaire than it working right by just randomly replacing things with other parts that look similar.

That resistor looking thing could be an inductor, or a diode your pic is too bad to tell, and even if it was better it looks charred so it still would probably be impossible.

Honestly without a schematic of that board it is toast, even with a schematic finding the chips, and parts you fried would be a incredibly hard task seeing alot of those parts are not sold to the public(or if they are they are ludicrously expensive). I've blown parts out and even a partial number is not good enough you need the whole IC number to proceed with repairs. Hell just for reference to how monumental of a task this would be I got a Texas Instruments 7400 series chip reference book that is over 1200 pages with only the specs, and pinouts of that series of chips that they made(yes one series out of hundreds)

If you REALLY want the thing to move again you got 2 options. One is find a broken toy grade RC, and cram its guts into it. The other is buy a cheap hobby grade radio, a cheap brushed ESC, and figure out how to mount a servo in it for steering.
yes you are corect it wasnt the heatsinks themselves that blew it was their transistors, I have a bunch of other toygrade RCs hati might try to fit into this one, I'll see if that works
anyway thanks for the help