Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

On road buggie wheeles

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2011, 05:23 AM
nick4622

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default On road buggie wheeles

Ihave a Team AssocitatedB4.1 RTR on its way, will be in Friday.
Iwas wondering if anyone has set one of these up to run on the road.

I was thinking of putting some scale looking street tires on, big wide ones in the back and skinnies on the front.

Has anyone done this before, also want a setup for off road.
Let me know what tires will fit on these rims.

Thanks

Nick
Old 03-08-2011, 06:23 AM
GotNoRice

Default RE: On road buggie wheeles

What I did was put a pair of Pro-Line Road Hawg II tires on the rear of my B4.1.  I actually used truck rears instead of buggy rears though, because the tires are larger and give more grip.

I kept the stock buggy fronts on there.  They actually seem to work pretty good on the road.
Old 03-08-2011, 11:07 AM
BKoz559
My Feedback: (3)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

My B4 once had a set of Road Rage tires with Proline deep dish rear wheels. It was a nice setup, however, the tires eventually wore down and when I bought new wheels and tried to find new Road Rage's, guess what; Proline no longer offers them. Well, the fronts anyhow; the rears are still in production because that size also fits 1/16 trucks like the Mini E-Revo. If you're lucky you might find an online retailer who still has some leftoverinventory.If so,PM me so Ican pickup a set.

If youview my personal gallery you'll see the next best thing: Proline Dirt Hawg III's made specifically for buggies. They're slightly larger than the street-tread Rage's but they still offer a respectable amount of all-terrain traction. These are fitted on my car 90% of the time and I only switch to the ribbed fronts and pin rears if I know I'll be driving exclusively on the dirt.
Old 03-18-2011, 06:54 AM
nick4622

Still looking for a set of all purpurse tires for my rc10b4.1 I like the dirt hawg tires but am a bit confused on the sizes.

I know the diameter is 2.2 for both wheeles but what about the depth. Are they all standard.

I was thinking these for the rear:

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-Buggy-Tires-2

But what will work for the front?
Maybe these :

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-Buggy-Tires-2

Ikind of want the tires to look the same, this is a 2wd buggie that I want to drive on all surfaces.
Let me know what you think, any other suggestions.

Thanks,

Nick

Old 03-18-2011, 07:15 AM
sloppyG

those are the right size tires, but they only make that model in a pretty hard rubber compound so it'll last longer but not have as much grip as some other options

the more off road tires actually do pretty well on pavement because they're soft but they just wear a little quicker
the stock tires it'll come with would do better than the dirt hawgs on just about every surface possible
Old 03-18-2011, 07:19 PM
BKoz559

Those are the correct size and the only "street" tire available for 2WD buggies. These are the exact same ones on my car.
Old 03-20-2011, 02:12 PM
sloppyG

ORIGINAL: BKoz559

Those are the correct size and the only ''street'' tire available for 2WD buggies. These are the exact same ones on my car.
not quite, their is a "road rage" rear buggy tire available

Old 03-21-2011, 03:22 AM
ElectricGuy007

I recently converted my 501x for onroad. And I have some of those road rage tires coming.
It's the mini E-Revo sized ones for the rear, and dirt hawgs for the front.
Nothing like blazing at high speed through an empty parking lot! I love doing it![8D]
Old 03-24-2011, 08:38 AM
BKoz559

ORIGINAL: sloppyG

ORIGINAL: BKoz559

Those are the correct size and the only ''street'' tire available for 2WD buggies. These are the exact same ones on my car.
not quite, their is a "road rage" rear buggy tire available

I'll clarify, those are the only "street" tires available for the front end of a buggy. I realized this in an earlier statement. It's a bummer too because they were nice tires.