Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Looking to get a SC Truck

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2011, 09:23 AM
Teknic
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking to get a SC Truck

So, I'm thinking I want to get a 1/10 short course truck if I can sell my Rustler.

I'm leaning towards the Associated SC10 RTR Brushless, but wanted to get some opinions on how well the stock brushless setup performs?

I am open to other recomendations also, but don't really want to spend anymore than $300 on something and am not interested in anything that needs to be painted
Old 03-12-2011, 10:14 AM
ilanstylz
My Feedback: (12)

Default RE: Looking to get a SC Truck

If your gonna get into racing the AE SC10, HPI Blitz, or Losi SCT are great, for bashing the Slash.....
Old 03-12-2011, 11:54 AM
ElectricGuy007

The brushless system in the Ready to Run SC10 isnt legal at most tracks. But most are allowing them anyways.
Honestly id get the brushed version to start out with first. At least you can race it right outa the box.
Old 03-12-2011, 12:00 PM
Teknic

Well I don't really have any plans to race right now, but I do plan on going to the free local track near my house quite a bit with it and do a little moderate bashing.
Old 03-12-2011, 12:05 PM
ElectricGuy007

The Blitz is what you need then not the SC10. It can tollerate more abuse for bashing than the SC10 can.
Old 03-12-2011, 12:10 PM
Teknic

Do they sell Brushless Blitz's as RTR at all? I've been looking around and only see brushed RTR's.
Old 03-12-2011, 02:56 PM
rc awesome

ORIGINAL: Teknic

Do they sell Brushless Blitz's as RTR at all? I've been looking around and only see brushed RTR's.
I think so, and if you ever wanted to race the blitz would be pretty good stock

Old 03-12-2011, 10:04 PM
deviltrigger529

Convert your rustler to a LCG slash and you're all set.
Old 03-12-2011, 11:33 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: ElectricGuy007

The Blitz is what you need then not the SC10. It can tollerate more abuse for bashing than the SC10 can.
Ehhh, that's debatable.

XXX-SCT is the strongest short course truck that comes preassembled.

The Kyosho SC-R is the toughest short course truck period, though.
Old 03-13-2011, 12:08 AM
ElectricGuy007

ORIGINAL: ThunderbirdJunkie

ORIGINAL: ElectricGuy007

Ehhh, that's debatable.

XXX-SCT is the strongest short course truck that comes preassembled.

The Kyosho SC-R is the toughest short course truck period, though.
The weakest part on the kyosho is the stock wheels, people were breaking them here.
but anyone of the three are good choices.
Old 03-13-2011, 08:54 AM
jkf12982

Ihave two SC10's....the RTRBrushless version and also the Factory Team version which Irace.

Ilove the out-of-box performance that the RTRbrushless version offers, and it's pretty much the best running deal for a RTRbrushless truck that is competitive on the track or with your friends, without doing anything to it.

Ihave to disagree about the durability of the SC10 not handling any bashing. Ihave put mine through it's paces, living in a new housing construction area with numerous obstacles, terrain (large gravel, clay, sand, etc), and many jumps that soar my truck at head's height....and not once have Ibroken a part. Iconsidered initially buying some RPM arms, etc like a lot of folks do, but figured I'd wait until something broke to do so. I'm still waiting...

Ichose the Factory Team version over all of the others to race with, because of the durability of my RTRBrushless version. It's still going strong too...

I've been running cars and casually racing for over 10 years now, both on and off-road. As far as a Short Course truck RTRis concerned, Iwould have no problems buying one of these again for someone just to bash with. Ithink too many people perhaps comment without first-hand experience when it comes to opinions. Who knows...maybe Ijust have a special truck? However Idoubt it, it seems that most SC10 owners Ihave talked to, who own these RTRBrushless versions tend to agree that they are a great bargain for a solid truck.