Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Jammin....

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 01:00 PM
shnebo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jammin....

Haha are you kidding me? I saved up all this money to buy myself the jammin scrt10 and when i finally unbox it i find the center diff leaking oil everywhere. Im pretty dissapointed in Jammin right now...
Did this happen to anyone else?
Old 03-15-2011, 01:16 PM
sloppyG

Default RE: Jammin....

you have to generally take apart the diffs anyways on any new RC because they generally will have grease instead of fluid OR they'll have the wrong fluid for what you want anyway

I'm surprised they ship with oil at all, most makers just ship diffs full of grease

not really an issue, it's part of the new RC plan to have to rework the diffs
Old 03-15-2011, 01:20 PM
ludeman

Sorry to hear that! Me and my buddy got our sct's at the same time I got the Hyper and he got the Jammin. Very first run around the track he broke somthing and always had issues. two week ago he traded it at the track for a upgraded AE SC10. He feels he got the better trade! He has also just bought the Bump 2.0 Hyper 10sc because he loved mine so much.
Old 03-15-2011, 09:58 PM
Brainanator
My Feedback: (1)

Savage flux came with leaky diffs. I tore it apart, learned how to work on my savage, fixed it better than anyone in a sweatshop could and bashed the crap outta it. Buck up, you just bought yourself a high maintenance high performance machine.
Old 03-16-2011, 05:27 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Brainanator

Savage flux came with leaky diffs. I tore it apart, learned how to work on my savage, fixed it better than anyone in a sweatshop could and bashed the crap outta it. Buck up, you just bought yourself a high maintenance high performance machine.
weird SCRT is based on the CRT .5(actually shares like 90% of its parts)
Don't think my diffs ever leaked
Will say only part I busted was a plastic C-hub, but the aluminum ones are pretty cheap now that the SCRT came out.
Old 03-16-2011, 11:07 AM
Brainanator
My Feedback: (1)

I didn't buy mine new, and they don't leak. After re-building my savage diffs (even with the original gasket) they didn't leak. It just takes some time to go through and do it right I think.
Old 03-16-2011, 11:12 AM
john01374

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

It happens. These things are all just part of the hobby. You should take time and go over every piece of the truck before running it anyway. You wouldn't believe some of the stuff I've seen since RTR's came along. Doesn't matter who it's made by. Most of the RTR's are poorly assembled.
Old 03-16-2011, 11:45 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: john01374

It happens. These things are all just part of the hobby. You should take time and go over every piece of the truck before running it anyway. You wouldn't believe some of the stuff I've seen since RTR's came along. Doesn't matter who it's made by. Most of the RTR's are poorly assembled.
True I've read of people missing screws out of factory sealed box's, parts put in backwards, among a few things.

I've had the pinions meshed so tight against spurs on one RC I couldn't even turn it. Seen screw holes stripped too.