Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Tired of things breaking

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 05:52 PM
markfos73

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Tired of things breaking

LMAO
ORIGINAL: chase1

thanks for pointing that out, you are very observant.
Old 03-27-2011, 05:55 PM
markfos73

How is the Tacon motor working out. I have had my eye on one for a while. It looks like a great motor for the money.
ORIGINAL: momogt

i crash my slash today parking lot bashing doing speed run hit brakes truck slide hit a curb broken bulk head ,front skid plate,front shock tower,left caster block but i have had my slash for a year now i have flip this thing going 50mph no broken parts till today but the driveshafts are weak i have replaced them a few times running 3s and 4s but its still a tuff truck i just replaced my parts with stock parts
Old 03-27-2011, 08:18 PM
res3567

I got two of them....aint had a hiccup yet....after two months.....
ORIGINAL: markfos73

How is the Tacon motor working out. I have had my eye on one for a while. It looks like a great motor for the money.

i crash my slash today parking lot bashing doing speed run hit brakes truck slide hit a curb broken bulk head ,front skid plate,front shock tower,left caster block but i have had my slash for a year now i have flip this thing going 50mph no broken parts till today but the driveshafts are weak i have replaced them a few times running 3s and 4s but its still a tuff truck i just replaced my parts with stock parts
Old 03-27-2011, 08:21 PM
Captain Rusty

I like the integy stuff too. My traxxas and Integy Aluminum have been great.
http://www.rcplanet.com/Traxxas_4x4_Slash_s/2558.htm

ORIGINAL: rc awesome

It will be in about a month when ever thing is finally ordered. I was also wondering how the quality of traxxas' aluminum parts
Once you go aluminum with one part though you best be prepared to change everything else over as well. Aluminum has no flex so you'll force everything around it to do the flexing for it and then snap. Go RPM, twice the price of stock but nylon so it flexes and bends without breaking and has a lifetime warranty, how can you go wrong with that?!

Old 03-27-2011, 09:54 PM
momogt

i love the tacon motors for the price you cant go wrong i have had 4 all in different r/c,s and they all work fine i just ordered one of the big 4pole 2150kv tacons i have the 2950 on 4s and it doesnt get at all it warm after 20 min of speed runs

Old 03-28-2011, 08:38 AM
rc awesome

So far the tacon has been great, at least for the 30min that I was able to run it. Great speed, and minimal coging with the MMP. Motor seems to be of a decent quality, and you can't beat the 25$ price.
Forgot to mention that geared 18/86 I've yet to break the 100 degree thresh hold with the motor, and it does 40 the way that I've got it geared now!

Old 03-28-2011, 12:14 PM
Teknic
My Feedback: (1)

I just had my Slash 4x4 up at the local track for the 1st time and I was able to keep up with the Losi minions (I say minions because I thin even their socks said Losi on them).

I was running on stock tires that are by far not the best choice for this hard packed clay. They could take the corners a lot smoother than me, but they weren't blowing my doors off.