Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

HOw to make a Traxxas Summit faster for CHEAP???

Old 04-01-2011, 04:46 AM
JUCD VPR

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default HOw to make a Traxxas Summit faster for CHEAP???

Just curious and thinking to myself..... I have seen people running the Kershaw motors (don;t know much if anything about them or how much faster it makes the Summit?), even saw a Summit with duel brushless VXL motors. That being said....Could you simply add another 775 motor to a Summit and would that make it faster? I was not sure considering the output speed of the 775 if it would even make it any faster by adding a second motor??

I WANT to do a Mamba MOnster W/Castle 2200kv motor out of an E-Revo but I need to put the big $ into my Brushless GST so I was just curious if there is a CHEAP way to make my Summit faster? One day i'm goign to convert to brushless.... but for now I like the crawling aspects and I don;t need it a ton faster just like maybe 10mph if possible..haha I guess thats IS a lot considering it's a heavy Summit?

Or would adding one Kershaw HO motor make it faster than the Titan 775? Again keep in mind I do not want to lose crawling capabilities.

I already run 2 - 2S 5800 Lipos in it now.. Any ideas fellas?
Old 04-01-2011, 09:14 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HOw to make a Traxxas Summit faster for CHEAP???

Spray. It's the only thing to make anything faster for cheap.

Throw a 200 shot on that sucker and it'll run 9s.

In all seriousness, that 775 is kind of a terd...if you want it to go faster, the only real answer is a Tekin RX8/2250 or a Mamba Monster/2200 on LiPo.
Old 04-01-2011, 09:20 AM
JUCD VPR

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: ThunderbirdJunkie

In all seriousness, that 775 is kind of a terd...if you want it to go faster, the only real answer is a Tekin RX8/2250 or a Mamba Monster/2200 on LiPo.
Haha Yah I know all about the Spray. I have it on the Viper and the Mustang

Yah the 775 is a turd, I guess if theres no cheap way i'll just wait until the Mamba Monster 2200KV on Lipo like I was planning. Thats ok though, my wife mainly drives the Summit anyway, I drive it mainly when i break my other trucks.
Old 04-01-2011, 10:29 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

throw it in the backof your car, and go hit the expressway cheapest way to make it go faster. bungee tie it to your trunk for added effect/a interesting hood ornament.
Old 04-01-2011, 12:36 PM
rayndog3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: JUCD VPR

ORIGINAL: ThunderbirdJunkie

Haha Yah I know all about the Spray. I have it on the Viper and the Mustang

Yah the 775 is a turd, I guess if theres no cheap way i'll just wait until the Mamba Monster 2200KV on Lipo like I was planning. Thats ok though, my wife mainly drives the Summit anyway, I drive it mainly when i break my other trucks.
if you really have a viper I wanna see pics!!! I want one baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad! just not at the time of my life to afford one.

Now back to the original topic....