Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

New $210 turnigy lipos!!!.....

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 10:11 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New $210 turnigy lipos!!!.....

ORIGINAL: proanti1

So many greedy people... THIS is why nothing is in stock. You people want to make a quick buck, and take advantage of HK's ridiculously low prices. Why cant you order a few packs and just use them for their intended purpose? Marking up $10 is no better than marking up $75.
This is what ThunderbirdJunkie does with flip cars.

Guess what; retailers do the SAME THING. They buy things at a reduced price, and sell them to you, the consumer.

For example...a flip car last year had $600 total into it, including buying the car. ThunderbirdJunkie sold it at its fair market value, $1800. Is this immoral? Is this a bad thing to do? Your local hobby shop pays $60 for a Venom LiPo and sells it to you for $80. Is this immoral? NO.
Old 04-05-2011, 06:53 AM
e123

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

think he was being sarcastic (or at least I hope )
LOTS of sarcasm.
Old 04-05-2011, 05:44 PM
res3567

Like flipping houses...yea....buy low and sell high.....I was lucky to get my Turnigy from HK....the guy timed it right....wait untill spring....buy em up....and flip em when demand is high cause the season is here....so you either have to wait untill HK has them in stock and hope for the best....or cough up more money.
ORIGINAL: ThunderbirdJunkie

So many greedy people... THIS is why nothing is in stock. You people want to make a quick buck, and take advantage of HK's ridiculously low prices. Why cant you order a few packs and just use them for their intended purpose? Marking up $10 is no better than marking up $75.

Guess what; retailers do the SAME THING. They buy things at a reduced price, and sell them to you, the consumer.

For example...a flip car last year had $600 total into it, including buying the car. ThunderbirdJunkie sold it at its fair market value, $1800. Is this immoral? Is this a bad thing to do? Your local hobby shop pays $60 for a Venom LiPo and sells it to you for $80. Is this immoral? NO.
Old 04-06-2011, 02:26 PM
proanti1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: ThunderbirdJunkie

Are you a retailer? Where do retailers get their stuff? From wholesalers or manufacturers that do not sell to the public (generally). What model was that car? Did you go out and snake ALL of them from people who may have intended on purchasing them? Did you get on craigslist and buy EVERY cheap car in your area with intent to turn a buck? I dont have a problem with people flipping something, or getting a good deal... its the self centered, inconsiderate *******s who abuse the generous that I cant stand.
Old 04-06-2011, 02:37 PM
sloppyG

"abuse the generous"

are you for real?

HK isn't in this for charity, if anything this 3rd party ebay re-selling is because HK has a flawed business model in that their prices are too low

if you owned a business and saw people re-selling your product successfully on ebay for more than you sold it for, wouldn't you look to raise prices a bit??

if some "battery scalper" can buy up all the stock and re-sell them for inflated prices, that's the fault of HK... not the scalper.

HK doesn't give a darn who buys their stuff, and they don't care if they're out of stock.
Old 04-06-2011, 07:59 PM
rclugnut10
My Feedback: (1)

i'd also like to throw out that the selling question according to ebay has 2 left in stock and has sold 6 so thats a total of 8 transactions of 2 lipos per so thats 16 lipo's if HK gets cleaned out by a purchase of 16 lipo's then my profile pic is of someone crying.... i'm going out on a limb here but i'm betting they stock those lipo's of quantities of 100+ if not more.... someone buying 20 isn't going to put much of dent in thier stock... 10 people buying 20 maybe... but thats what happends when soemthings sold for cheap...

the lug
Old 04-06-2011, 09:10 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie

Are you a retailer? Where do retailers get their stuff? From wholesalers or manufacturers that do not sell to the public (generally). What model was that car? Did you go out and snake ALL of them from people who may have intended on purchasing them? Did you get on craigslist and buy EVERY cheap car in your area with intent to turn a buck? I dont have a problem with people flipping something, or getting a good deal... its the self centered, inconsiderate *******s who abuse the generous that I cant stand.
First question:
Yes, technically ThunderbirdJunkie is an automotive dealer. He has a dealer's license and gets fleet pricing on his car insurance.

Model car?
Last good flip car was a 1994 Toyota Paseo.

Snake all of them?
ThunderbirdJunkie buys all reasonably priced cars with flaws that are easily fixed with the intent of selling for a profit. That is capitalism. Nothing is safe, from Toyota Paseos to S-class Mercedes-Benzes.

Abusing the generous?
Somebody selling a 1996 Mercedes-Benz SL500 for $800 because it's got a fried transmission is generous?
Somebody buying said SL500 for $600, putting a transmission in it ($300), a set of tires ($800, Michelins) and selling for $6,000 after detailing it and making sure it's up on its maintenance is greedy?

Sorry, but buying low and selling for fair market value is not greedy; it's smart.
Old 04-06-2011, 10:06 PM
Haddi Taha

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All they did was solder a plug which could be done by yourself or by your lhs for $10 (including plugs and shrink tube ect) If HK is backing their product, what can the flipper do to make it worth $210?

tbj is right, except the flip ebayers have done nothing to the pack unlike TBJ fixing the cars and making sure they are safe and all.

Sadly we can't control if flippers buy HK batteries

Don't expect HK to give either, they have to do whatever turns them a dollar which is pretty fair.
Old 04-06-2011, 10:15 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie

x2 on what Haddi Taha said. If you are dumb enough to buy this stuff, buyer beware. There's a difference between buying something halfway decent at fair market value and buying something at five times what its normal price is.

Oh well. To each his own, and to those who choose not to look before they leap...good luck!
Old 04-07-2011, 04:15 PM
Haddi Taha

That said i have to get me self a turnigy 3s 4000mah 30C LiPo from HK Australia warehouse for $38 shipped. Should go well with my ezrun 8.5t i also have which needs the extra power.

Does anyone find that the side exit wires on the turnigy packs get in the way of the battery tray on thier tamiya onroad or offroad plastic chassis? I am finding it tough mounting them onto my tt01e, tb03 and df02. You have to cut some of the chassis for it to fit flat on the tray.

Old 04-07-2011, 04:44 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Haddi Taha

That said i have to get me self a turnigy 3s 4000mah 30C LiPo from HK Australia warehouse for $38 shipped. Should go well with my ezrun 8.5t i also have which needs the extra power.

Does anyone find that the side exit wires on the turnigy packs get in the way of the battery tray on thier tamiya onroad or offroad plastic chassis? I am finding it tough mounting them onto my tt01e, tb03 and df02. You have to cut some of the chassis for it to fit flat on the tray.

yup only found the 2S 5000mah hardcases with the top exits to work right otherwise they hit the damn steering setup
It don't fit flat but will fit if you back out the screw a little on the battery hold downs.
Old 04-07-2011, 10:43 PM
Haddi Taha

for now i will just put them on a slant and cable tie them
Old 04-08-2011, 10:30 AM
Moontan13

Ebay isincreasingly the least expensive place to buy new items, and not just for hobbyists. Lots of sellers use Amazon or Walmart or Harbor Freight as drop shippers. Many models can be had at the LHS for the same as ebay, if they happen to have the one you want.