Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Traxxas slash problem; tranismition or diff??? help

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2011, 05:35 PM
rc awesome

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traxxas slash problem; tranismition or diff??? help

I just recently installed a brushless setup in my slash and so far it's been great. The problem started when I went to netural to wot on some carpet. The Truck stopped and wouldn't move. It felt like it had a little restiance, so I thought that I had burned up my slipper pads. After taking the slipper assembly off I realised that the pads were a little warn, so I thought that I had found the problem, until, just now I realised that the tranismition shaft can be spun, and the wheels will not turn. I tried to pull the shaft out and it moved back into place and now the wheels turn fine, and I can't push it back in. So, is there are bearing that could be going bad in the tranismition or something? I've never cracked open the transmition, or the diff before; thats about the only part of a RC that I haven't touched before. Does anyone know that is causing this? It shreaded my spur, and I don't want it to happen again.

Thanks, and sorry for the noob question
Old 04-08-2011, 07:43 PM
chase1

Default RE: Traxxas slash problem; tranismition or diff??? help

sounds like a worn/bad bearing popping apart in trans
Old 04-09-2011, 07:14 AM
rc awesome

ORIGINAL: chase1

sounds like a worn/bad bearing popping apart in trans
Yeah, thats what I thought too, but now the brearing seems fine. It doesn't move at all WT F!!!!

Old 04-09-2011, 08:56 AM
BigGrump

Sounds to me like the little cross pin at the end of the transmission input shaft, that locks gear to the shaft, (inside the transmission) has broken. Just happened to me. To get the pin, I had to buy the input shaft also, comes as a set from Traxxas. Only costs about $3.00.

Dennis
Old 04-09-2011, 03:59 PM
rc awesome

Okay, thanks I just can't get the damn thing to open. The rear is complely torn apart and only the wheels and a arms are still connteced, and it still won't pull apart!