Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Slash 4x4 vxl 3s motor??????

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2011, 04:41 AM
NOVAMEGA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slash 4x4 vxl 3s motor??????

Can I use the Alphastar 2350 (flux motor) with the vxl3s in a slash 4x4 ? I m about to buy one if it will work .I would think I could gear up a bit and run on 2s and 3s . Can I get by using the vxl3s ?..... This slash is like a Hpi savage short course truck lol .
Old 04-22-2011, 11:57 AM
Cutless009
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Slash 4x4 vxl 3s motor??????

As long as it doesn't pull more amperage than the ESC can provide, and you don't go higher than 3s on your lipo's, I don't see why not.
Old 04-22-2011, 12:53 PM
Roxon

im not an expert but i have both engines on a flux and pede. the flux engine is bigger than the vxl so ya would need to get an adapter or fab one. and from what i have seen traxxas has some prioritary parts like splined hubs, their batt connectors etc. i dont think hpi or traxxas would make it. so it would have to be aftermarket im pretty sure on that much anyway. if it did exist i would love to put my flux engine and esc on my pede i know 2, 2s would stack but i dont think you could stack 2, 3s and still get the body on. but ya could run it w/o the body. and ya know i dont know if the other gears could handle that engine i dont know about the slash since i never had one but my pede dont have a transmission like my flux does. its much more simple lookin i dont know if that could handle the power of the flux motor.
Old 04-22-2011, 06:56 PM
NOVAMEGA

I'm not looking for much more speed just some power . From what I've been reading the slash 4x4 will take a mamba monster with no real hard modding . I feel like a mamba monster is a bit over kill on 3s . So I figured a alplastar 2350 would do the job . Im not racing so is the vxl 3s/2350 ok for bashing ? I'm running 2s an 3s packs Thanks cutless I think your right ...... I just ordered the motor hopefully it work . If not I'll be saving for a new esc .