Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

newbie axial question

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2011, 07:41 PM
phre0n

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default newbie axial question

hey guys, I am new to the site..just bought an axial from my sisters husband. I really don't know much about these yet, as i am used to buying r/c trucks from wal-mart or something. I would like to do some upgrades to this starting with the tires, can anyone point me to a good spot to buy some, or atleast kinda tell me what size these are and what size i can fit. I would also like to get a different body, maybe something more realastic. If anyone can help that would be greatly apprecaited.

here is a photo of the chassis i have.
is there any way i could make that bronco body fit on my chassis?

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig11719.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	1612552   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oj28229.jpg
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	1612553   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fl18719.jpg
Size:	79.2 KB
ID:	1612554  
Old 05-22-2011, 04:51 AM
jeepkid12345

Default RE: newbie axial question

So you have the ax-10,(the one with the green links and rims). The scx10 isnt yours?( the grey one). Since you have the ax-10 the tires are going to be 2.2, the ax-10 is a comp crawler while the scx10 is a trail truck, basecially the ax-10 can craw better, more flex lower center of gravity, but the scx10 can hang with it on the rocks, with the right driver and setup. the scx10 has more speed stock and a more realistic chassis and body, thats why its also scale truck. Im not sure if you could put that body on the ax-10 probably not but i know proline makes some bodies youll have to check them out. they also make great tires and axial came out with some new tires id check out aswell.
What electronics are in it, are they stock?

Old 05-22-2011, 05:25 AM
Teknic
My Feedback: (1)

Don't know much about crawlers, but I'm assuming if you're new you don't know the sites to go to such as the proline site above. Here are some links.

http://prolineracing.com - wheels/bodies and other stuff
http://hobbypartz.com - good place to buy batteries/chargers on a budget

Those are the main sites I use if my LHS doesn't have something in stock.
Old 05-22-2011, 05:27 AM
phre0n

ORIGINAL: jeepkid12345

So you have the ax-10,(the one with the green links and rims). The scx10 isnt yours?( the grey one). Since you have the ax-10 the tires are going to be 2.2, the ax-10 is a comp crawler while the scx10 is a trail truck, basecially the ax-10 can craw better, more flex lower center of gravity, but the scx10 can hang with it on the rocks, with the right driver and setup. the scx10 has more speed stock and a more realistic chassis and body, thats why its also scale truck. Im not sure if you could put that body on the ax-10 probably not but i know proline makes some bodies youll have to check them out. they also make great tires and axial came out with some new tires id check out aswell.
What electronics are in it, are they stock?

the scx10 isn't mine, its in a local hobby shop and i was interested in buying it....thanks for the info... ax-10s are 1/10th scale right?

Old 05-22-2011, 05:48 AM
jeepkid12345

yes their 1/10 scale, i have a scx10 now probably one of my favorite trucks it will go any where and its extremely duriable ive rolled it down hills countless times and beat it horrible in the mud sand rocks it will never stop going i love it i highly suggest it.