Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Pics of my new ZD Racing ZRB-1 Buggy??

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2011, 03:10 PM
WRXStage3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pics of my new ZD Racing ZRB-1 Buggy??

Well I just picked up a New ZD Racing ZRB-1 Buggy. I was interested if anyone else owns or has owned one before. I have only been able to test it out in the front of the house a little bit but seems to be a decent build. I also picked it up for a very good price, at least what I feel is a good price for what is included in the box. I purchased my buggy from Graves RC here in Orlando FL for an out the dorr price under 350. The 1/8th scale brushless buggy comes RTR, with LiPo batteries and a charger for LiPos as well. Comes with a 2.4ghz radio too. I figured it seemed to be worth it for me.

I was just curious if there were issues anyone seemed to have or knew about with this vehicle. Anything to keep an eye open for. I wish there was a track close to me here in Central FL, but doesnt seem that there is. Really want to go test her out this weekend, guess its off to find some park or somewhere to go run the trucks. Any info, advice or opinions are welcome, thanks.

So here are some pics of the vehicle.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ZRB-1Buggy.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	98.3 KB
ID:	2237283

Name:	ZRB-1Buggy1.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	87.8 KB
ID:	2237284

Name:	ZRB-1Buggy3.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	124.7 KB
ID:	2237285

Name:	ZRB-1Buggy8.jpg
Views:	316
Size:	106.9 KB
ID:	2237286

Name:	ZRB-1Buggy10.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	204.1 KB
ID:	2237287

Name:	ZRB-1Buggy5.jpg
Views:	351
Size:	123.4 KB
ID:	2237288

Old 05-25-2011, 01:33 PM
WRXStage3

Default RE: Pics of my new ZD Racing ZRB-1 Buggy??

Bump, guess not.  Oh well I am in the process of taking some good pics of the vehicle and wiil update asap.
Old 05-25-2011, 08:34 PM
wanna_be_racer

Looks pretty standard for must buggies.

One thing That looks interesting is the rear camber links. Those might break easily.
Old 05-26-2011, 05:39 PM
collector1231
My Feedback: (1)

LOL I was going to get one but i blew the money on a MERV. Tell me how it is on the track. And if you don't mind the drive, here are some tracks in south and middle Alabama- 

Onion Patch Raceway- http://onionpatchraceway.com/ 

Hoped i helped.

collector
Old 05-27-2011, 12:20 PM
Ttam Says Blarg

Looks cool. Hows it holding up?
Old 05-28-2011, 01:18 PM
WRXStage3

Well as an update to durability. I took it out this morning with my 3 year old son, we went for a little park bashing. He has a new Stampede XL-5 w/ Grave Digger body. Its nice having it set on training mode for him so he can just cruise around and then drive over my buggy when he wants. Anyways back on topic of the ZRB-1 Buggy........ it ROCKS.  

First off I ran it real hard for just over 15 minutes when I decided to get my son out of the heat. Batteries still had juice left.  Just running this thing hard through the park , on an off road didnt matter this thing hooked and took off. Flipped a fe times drifting around in the dirt caught a root and high sided. Sometimes landed on wheels other times on roof but either way had no issues with parts. Buggy ran entire morning perfect, the only problem I have found so far is the fact that my tires are balding already, which honestly can be expected with some on road driving I have done in front of my house.  Dont have any vids yet but I will very shortly. I plan on getting some real bashing at an off road track very shortly within the end of this week so I will let everyone know how that goes. 

I honestly think this Buggy was a great purchase, @ 315 dollars this RTR 1/8 Brushless Buggy really was ready to rip right out of the box. Came with everything including a charger that charged through the LiPos balancer plug on the battery. 2.4ghz radio, 2 LiPos 2s 7.4v 4000mah 25c batteries, and the vehicle. Im impressed so far and will definately be checking out the Truggy version as soon as my LHS gets it in.
Old 06-15-2011, 08:58 AM
Lman
My Feedback: (1)

I have one runs great I have had it for around a month now no issues so far, I bought mine for $247.00 out the door..
Old 11-07-2012, 08:24 AM
raceachevy

There's a track in Bithlo, near Orlando Speed World. Look for OCP R/C. It shares a site with Orange County Paintball.

I've been looking at this buggy too. Looks like a nice buggy for the price. Looks like you can pick it up online for between $200-$250.

Here is the link to their website: http://www.ocprc-raceway.com/site/
and Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/OCPRC
Old 07-16-2019, 08:20 AM
Jacampb2

I realize this thread is long dead, but I found it while looking for parts for a zrb-1, and I thought the info below may be useful to others having trouble finding parts for this car.

I thought I'd share a little bit of an ongoing project I've got going.

I bought this zd-racing buggy last year with a few other wrecks to repair. It has been in a pretty bad wreck and the front a-arm was toast. It took me a long time to track down what model this was and it's manual. It's a pretty well built buggy for generic Chinese car. I believe it to be the zrb-1 model. I finally found the manual for it, so if anyone needs it, I'll host it for download. Anyhow, I ordered parts from China and after like 3 months most of it showed up. I got the a-arm fixed and new Chinese aluminum inner and outer front knuckles. It was doing fine on 4S with the stock esc and motor. I forgot it was 4S and put in two 3S batteries this spring. That was the end of the esc. Lol.

So I put in this random 2200kv combo I bought. It instantly stripped the cheap pot metal center spur gear. I went looking for the replacement part, and couldn't find any available.

Interestingly enough, I was taking detailed measurements of the center diff (I own a small machine shop and was going to make my own parts) and I noticed that the center diff spur for a associated rc8 had very similar dimensions. I dug in a little deeper and found it used the same outer bearings as well. I took a leap of faith and just ordered a full rc8 center diff and believe it or not, it was a drop in replacement for the crappy zd-racing diff.

Perfect, I thought, let's go play. Nope, I blew apart the front lower a-arm retainer. Again, no parts available from zd-racing. I drew the part up in 3d cad and 3d printed a replacement from ABS. It didn't last 5 minutes. I then reprinted it in nylon, which is about as strong as you can get with 3d printing, and I still kept breaking them at the weakest point where there were two threaded holes. I redesigned it with no holes in those positions and I drilled them after the piece was printed. I'm fairly confident this one will hold up, and if it does I'll post the stl on thingiverse with the rest of my RC stuff.

Anyhow, I also had no receiver box cover or battery hold down, so I drew those as well and am running some test prints now. If they go ok I'll post them as well.

I also discovered that the rc8 body fits the car with very little trimming. I'll update with links to the STLs provided that they work and if any of you need them.

*Edit* apparently since I'm new here I can't post pictures. I'll update once I have ten posts I guess... I was just trying to help.

All back together again

Close up of receiver cover

3d printed receiver cover

3d printed dual 3s battery holder

RC 8 center diff installed
Old 08-24-2019, 09:18 AM
hot_spot

nice looking buggy......