Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

No more novak

I purchased two motors from the novak store recently,A rebuilt novak 13.5 ss that failed only after 10 minutes of operation.The motor was not overgeared and running cool.The other motor is a new novak 4.5 HV,When I took the front cap off to install it on a novak HV motormount the motor was full of sand and dirt?It looks like novak took a used HV motor and cleaned up only the outside of the motor and sold it as new?It would not be so bad if it was a properly rebuilt motor but it looks like novak did not even open and check the inside of the motor.The rotor and stator are all scratched from the big chunks of sand in it.I cleaned it up and installed it and it does run.But this would be a bad deal even if I paid rebuilt prices for it.I know I can send the motors to novak for repair but that will cost me more time and money and even then they might not do a good job.I will just do myself a favor and not deal with novak anymore.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: No more novak

Did you call them and let them know about the issue? That generally yields better results than talking about it on a forum.
    \"Some people can mess up an anvil with a rubber hammer\" -46u
    If you don\'\'t allow yourself to fail, you\'\'ll never allow yourself to succeed-ThunderbirdJunkie

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Agreed, drop them a line or quit trash talking them. A lot of people (including myself) have had good results from their customer service.
    God bless America

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

+1... most of my stuff is novak- never had any trouble.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

+1 here also.

Been running strictly Novak for 20 plus years and never any problem. Their warranty and customer service is awesome. Bet if you sent those back, they would replace them asap.

I find it funny that everybody seems to expect perfection from Novak, and if they don't get it, they hit the forums and whine, then try to convince everyone else not to use them.

My 2 cents.
    Go fast, turn left, repeat as needed!!!
    My spelling sucks, get over it!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: The Mad Modder

Agreed, drop them a line or quit trash talking them. A lot of people (including myself) have had good results from their customer service.
    I didn't see any where that he was trash talking Novak. He was just telling everyone what happened to him.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I find it funny that you think I expect perfection from novak,But there are better systems I will be using later thats why I am not sending the stuff back.I will probably sell the bad motors,The only reason I posted is because they sent me two bad motors at once.Anyway no reason to get upset about toy car brands.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thank you somebody is paying attention,I am just stating the fact that novak sent me two bad motors at once.These guy's talk like there sponsored by novak or something.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

And we're just stating a fact that if you don't tell them what happened, they can't help you.
    \"Some people can mess up an anvil with a rubber hammer\" -46u
    If you don\'\'t allow yourself to fail, you\'\'ll never allow yourself to succeed-ThunderbirdJunkie

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: subbass

These guy's talk like there sponsored by novak or something.
    Well, I tend to like companies that I have a long history of satisfaction with. If that's a bad thing, then I guess I'm bad.
    God bless America

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I think you have a prefect right to state in an open forum about your experience with a company..
    They have the right to publicly reply if they want to but I agree that you should contact them to get this resolved.

Be sure to post after you contact them.
    1/8th BSD Racing Land Ripper
    1/10th Thunder Tiger Sparrowhawk XXT
    1/10th Xray T2 009
    1/10th HPI Sprint 2
    1/10th HPI RS4 PRO 2

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

if we were sponsored we would have posted links to products and talked about how much "top end" the motors have....

but seriously, if you had a bad experience, get your money back, then post- dont just say "they sold me two bad motors oh well never use them again"... thats like buying a nw car and never driving it after a tire went flat...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: savagecommander
    thats like buying a nw car and never driving it after a tire went flat...
    Your statement isflawed.

This is like buying a new car and then finding out it's 3 years old and has 40k on the clock and yes you'd probably think twice about buying a car from that seller again. At the end of the day he purchased a new item and was sent a poorly reconditioned unit. Anyone would be upset by this so why not lay off subbass a little.

Give subbass a chance to contact Novak and report back. If subbass does not contact them then they are not giving Novak a chance to make right what is obviously a bad mistake.
    If I was purchasing parts from a company that supplied me with substandard items I'd think twice about buying form then again.. I cannot blame subbassfor that.

It would be better if you were to state your experience of using Novak rather than just ahve a go at a fellow poster.

1/8th BSD Racing Land Ripper
    1/10th Thunder Tiger Sparrowhawk XXT
    1/10th Xray T2 009
    1/10th HPI Sprint 2
    1/10th HPI RS4 PRO 2

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: subbass

I know I can send the motors to novak for repair but that will cost me more time and money and even then they might not do a good job.I will just do myself a favor and not deal with novak anymore.

thats why i "had a go" - he made up his mind about not giving them a chance.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

My two cents is that Novak should have some Quality control and if they send out sub par products then they should be called out for it. I'm sure they all do it from time to time, but I'm all for slamming them when they do. It will keep them on there toes. If Novak didn't ship two crappy motors than this post would not exist. Put the blame where it should be.

Someone at Novak didn't do there job. End of story. It is all well and good if they send him new ones, but it should not have happened to begin with. My customers give me crap if I give them bad products on occasion. It teaches me to be more aware of what I am giving them. If they lose business because of this post, then so be it.
    AE SC10 BL
    AE FT SC10
    HPI Racing Savage Flux HP
    Kyosho Icarus
    Kyosho DBX VE
    RPM BL Rustler

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Blowvaks are awesome. How dare you come on here and tell everyone what happened to you!!! Well, if it were a positive post then you can come on here and tell the world. But this, sir, is negative. And now you've upset everyone's favorite brand. I don't care if you only stated the facts and didn't whine about it. It's just not tolerated.

How can you expect Novak to have quality control??? They are too busy trying to catch up to the rest of the RC world to be bothered with attempting to have QC.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

NOVAK OR NOTHING! GAAAARRRGH!
    DT02-MS | Stadium Thunder | TT Frog | TRF 801XT | CR-01 | F-150 | CRT.5 | T-Egg

I'm a huge fan of Tacon motors, never heard of anyone ever damaging one of them... some folks have reported temps up to 245° without burning them up!
    Club Racer:
    Off Road: 2WD-SCB + 4WD SCT + 1/8 eBuggy
    On Road: GT8 + GT10 + GT18 + 12R + F1
    Basher: 2WD MT + 4WD Crawlers