Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

NEW HPI Trophy Flux Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 09:10 AM
Brainanator
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEW HPI Trophy Flux Buggy

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5PF2gWM3q4&feature=feedu[/youtube]

It doesn't look like they went with Castle on this one. Any recognize the ESC/Motor? I'm not good with the cheaper ESC identifications.
Old 06-07-2011, 09:20 AM
Kappu1

Default RE: NEW HPI Trophy Flux Buggy

That looks just like a Mamba Max ESCfrom Castle Creations...... After reading some of the stuff on Vorza Ibet you that both of those are Castle Creations stuff in new skins.
Old 06-07-2011, 09:55 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

wouldn't hold my breath on this buggy coming out in the USA
the nitro edition was Europe only, its not mentioned on the HPI USA page(from what I saw)
Probably will pull the same crap with this as they did with the Bullet

ESC looks similar to the HW SC8 ESC but has a different amount of caps, and the ESC wires exit on the opposite side. So no idea
Seeing the motor is smooth it could be almost anything
Old 06-07-2011, 12:28 PM
Freezetron

This = lower cost 2350 Flux version of the Vorza, nothing more.
Old 06-07-2011, 02:00 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: Freezetron

This = lower cost 2350 Flux version of the Vorza, nothing more.
You do know the trophy is a an HPI nitro line in europe right? http://www.hpieurope.com/kit-info.ph...=10508&lang=en
There is a truggy, and a buggy both out for awhile neither came to the US(why I doubt this will too).
So seeing they share the same name I'm more guessing it is based off the nitro trophy (which was a HB Lightning here). Also HPI isn't very original in naming if it was based off the vorza it would be the Vorza 1965 like they did with the savage. Putting Trophy Flux buggy in small script makes me think they might also release the truggy edition.
Old 06-07-2011, 02:27 PM
Brainanator

ESC doesn't look like the mamba max I have...and it doesn't look like a mamba max pro either....
Old 06-07-2011, 07:35 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=9127

Ya sure it's not that?
Old 06-07-2011, 08:19 PM
Brainanator

^ could be anything really....

SyCo_VeNoM, didn't know about the trophy in europe...interesting.
Old 06-07-2011, 08:25 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: Brainanator

^ could be anything really....

SyCo_VeNoM, didn't know about the trophy in europe...interesting.
yea its stuff HPI didn't bring to the US like the bullet, savage 5t(ok this one we were probably better off without), and I think there was some other stuff. Remember seeing the trophy over a year ago (was out way before that) when I was looking for a buggy before I got my jammin.
Basically they seem to be a everywhere that is not north america exclusive RC release...
Old 06-08-2011, 05:03 AM
Kappu1

The speed control looks exactly like my Mamba Max with the fan and everything installed, not to mention it looks just like the system in the Vorza which is CC parts......
Old 06-08-2011, 10:19 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

That speedo HPI shows in the video looks nothing like ThunderbirdJunkie's Mamba Max aside from the fact that it has 3 caps.
Old 06-08-2011, 02:13 PM
Brainanator

ORIGINAL: Kappu1

The speed control looks exactly like my Mamba Max with the fan and everything installed, not to mention it looks just like the system in the Vorza which is CC parts......
Mamba Max, Mamba Max Pro, or Mamba Monster? I can't even tell which one you're talking about, and it doesn't really look like any of them to me.

and yes, I had to go to the europe website to find that picture....no mention of it on the USA side...screw you HPI.
Old 06-08-2011, 03:50 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

and yes, I had to go to the europe website to find that picture....no mention of it on the USA side...screw you HPI.
How I kinda feel with HPI
I really wanted the bullet flux, but I'd be damned if I'm going to import one and then have to order parts from europe too.
Old 06-08-2011, 05:40 PM
Brainanator

yeah...but sadly, I will still buy stuff from them [&:] lol
Old 06-08-2011, 06:14 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

yeah...but sadly, I will still buy stuff from them [&:] lol
true
I've cut down quite a bit though seeing there not releasing much that I want (well in the USA at least, couple things I want on the other end of the globe)
Only thing I somewhat want coming out is the new smaller savage, but the way HPI does it that will be awhile (if ever)
I'll be honest I've been scared to buy into their new RC's after what I saw happen with parts support for the brama, and cyber 10 after they didn't take off.
Old 06-08-2011, 06:33 PM
NOVAMEGA

IMO it looks like a 150amp hobbywing . On The Hpi site they show the the program box and it's the same as the hobbywings program with different stickers on it . Im new to the Ezrun ecs s (I just got a sc8 120amp) and so far it's every bit as good as my q-base Hpi esc . Even the box the esc comes in is the same size as the hobbywing stuff .... China is pushing out some nice speed controls for super low prices . I really like the program cards / boxes for making changes on the fly .
Old 06-08-2011, 06:41 PM
Freezetron

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

I'll be honest I've been scared to buy into their new RC's after what I saw happen with parts support for the brama, and cyber 10 after they didn't take off.

Why would they waste money supporting something that doesn't sell well? Would you? If they start shafting me on Savage parts, then yes, we'll have a problem then.
Old 06-08-2011, 06:49 PM
rc10b4_racer

to be honest it looks very similar to the hobbywings short course ESC that i just bought except as mentioned this has 3 smaller capacitors and the HW has 2 larger ones and the esc wires are on the opposite sides....i wouldnt be suprised if its the sc8
Old 06-08-2011, 07:43 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: Freezetron

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

Why would they waste money supporting something that doesn't sell well? Would you? If they start shafting me on Savage parts, then yes, we'll have a problem then.
ok why release a RC as hobby grade promise upgrade, but give parts in the RC that make tyco's look durable, then shaft parts support almost immediately?
Seriously my LHS never even got a cyber 10 after they had them on order for 6 months. They got sick of it and canceled the order (was talking to the manager) cause HPI kept sending them bramas that had 0 parts support.

Seriously think about it if you run a company and shaft one new RC a few MONTHS (not years, talking 2-3 months) with crap parts support, and not releasing any hop-up parts(even though the product page said otherwise) why should anyone buy a newly released RC from you? IMO if you do it once you will do it again, and again. My favorite was how they released the Brama 18b's hop-ups AFTER the discontinued the buggy lol
Hell look at what they are doing with a good chunk of their new lines shafting the US. We still get the 10 year old MT2 where the europeans had the MT2 discontinued, and the bullet took its place.