Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

The first and last time I'll ever do this

Old 06-16-2011, 06:26 AM
JUSTPASSEDU
My Feedback: (20)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The first and last time I'll ever do this

ORIGINAL: Eman77

ORIGINAL: JUSTPASSEDU

Dude it's part of the hobby , I guess you don't race on a dirt track bc this is what happens when you do. Good thing you have a slash bc mostly any other car would not be able to be hosed down.
You can't hose down non-Traxxas vehicles? Guess I've been doing it wrong. [&:] But hey, I take the effort to pull the electronics first. I'm wacky like that.
It's obvious that you can , I know this lol , you just have to pull your receiver , servo , esc where as the Traxxas you don't have to pull a thing , my point is the Traxxas is allot easier to clean then most cars and freezetron is complaining about cleaning it. Oh and don't 4 get to lube everything back up....
Old 06-16-2011, 06:28 AM
rc10b4_racer

hey guys...I dont mean to but it so please dont flame me x[ but dont you guys think maybe your being a little harsh? I mean not everyone enjoys the same things....it seems a bit unfair to have say if you dont like cleaning exsesive dirt and mud that you cant love driving rc cars. I mean to be honest we dont know his life so we cant judge. I know that some people dont have the time to clean an rc car of that extend...and in all seriousness no ones esc or motor has more grit and dirt then his whole care =P. and I cant think of many tracks that will leave you ar that messy simply because the mixture of shredded grass. Im not saying an rc car cant get this dirty or shouldnt. for some this is a daily basis for some not. I know some will want to say "but if he can play halo reach then hes bviously not a busy guy"...to be honest it sounds like hes being sarcastic when he said that..while im sure he does actually play the game theres nothing he said that makes me feel hes automatically a video game hardcore hours upon hours nerd. again not trying to flame i just feel that no one should be really jumping on him for having a different idea of whats fun and worth it for HIM. And even if he is a video game nerd, its not like RC is the most athletic activity out there either. If RC is a big priority in yur life then thats great you oing what you love! =] I know i love to clean my buggy and tune it every chance i get....but not everyone needs to be on the same boat of enthusiasm for us to be civil and just have fun...Now i know a couple of guys gave advice and this doesnt go to EVERY body and im not really trying to single out anybody, jsut i feel the hobby could use some humble attitude...If hes sponsored its not because i loves to clean his cars or even build them....for all we know if hes sponsored its because at his local track he helps out everybody and gives sound advie. Sponsors dont care what u do urself they care what you do in your community to help spread the hobby and product and be a charismatic individual who doesnt take the hobby too seriouse to the point that standards are put up. Just my two cents...if you disagree im not going to get mad or argue and i dont think im automaticallly correct cause for all i know i sound like a tard x]
Old 06-16-2011, 06:44 AM
FahrtAutoRC

Butting in is never smart unless you know all players involved. This is Freeztron. He is an attention-feening troll, more or less. There is no such thing as "too harsh" for this kid. Also, do not let him trick you, his sponsor is his dad and his trucks list of upgrades stop at RPM A-arms and cheap shock covers. He is just posting this as another way of saying "HEyyyy!!!! Look how muddy i got my super-duper-cool truck! Somebody PRAISE me!!!!". This is the extent of 99% of his posts. It is no different than dealing with women.

ORIGINAL: rc10b4_racer

hey guys...I dont mean to but it so please dont flame me x[ but dont you guys think maybe your being a little harsh? I mean not everyone enjoys the same things....it seems a bit unfair to have say if you dont like cleaning exsesive dirt and mud that you cant love driving rc cars. I mean to be honest we dont know his life so we cant judge. I know that some people dont have the time to clean an rc car of that extend...and in all seriousness no ones esc or motor has more grit and dirt then his whole care =P. and I cant think of many tracks that will leave you ar that messy simply because the mixture of shredded grass. Im not saying an rc car cant get this dirty or shouldnt. for some this is a daily basis for some not. I know some will want to say "but if he can play halo reach then hes bviously not a busy guy"...to be honest it sounds like hes being sarcastic when he said that..while im sure he does actually play the game theres nothing he said that makes me feel hes automatically a video game hardcore hours upon hours nerd. again not trying to flame i just feel that no one should be really jumping on him for having a different idea of whats fun and worth it for HIM. And even if he is a video game nerd, its not like RC is the most athletic activity out there either. If RC is a big priority in yur life then thats great you oing what you love! =] I know i love to clean my buggy and tune it every chance i get....but not everyone needs to be on the same boat of enthusiasm for us to be civil and just have fun...Now i know a couple of guys gave advice and this doesnt go to EVERY body and im not really trying to single out anybody, jsut i feel the hobby could use some humble attitude...If hes sponsored its not because i loves to clean his cars or even build them....for all we know if hes sponsored its because at his local track he helps out everybody and gives sound advie. Sponsors dont care what u do urself they care what you do in your community to help spread the hobby and product and be a charismatic individual who doesnt take the hobby too seriouse to the point that standards are put up. Just my two cents...if you disagree im not going to get mad or argue and i dont think im automaticallly correct cause for all i know i sound like a tard x]
Old 06-16-2011, 07:03 AM
Desertlakesflying
My Feedback: (28)

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

ORIGINAL: Freezetron

, so if a bunch of people go out and there's some mud your not gonna ride with them the next time?

EXACTLY. Because its not worth the extra work in my book. Have fun in mud, i'll be busy playing Halo reach

There's the problem.............
Old 06-16-2011, 07:44 AM
Eman77

Dude it's part of the hobby , I guess you don't race on a dirt track bc this is what happens when you do. Good thing you have a slash bc mostly any other car would not be able to be hosed down.
You can't hose down non-Traxxas vehicles? Guess I've been doing it wrong. [&:] But hey, I take the effort to pull the electronics first. I'm wacky like that.
It's obvious that you can , I know this lol , you just have to pull your receiver , servo , esc where as the Traxxas you don't have to pull a thing , my point is the Traxxas is allot easier to clean then most cars and freezetron is complaining about cleaning it. Oh and don't 4 get to lube everything back up....
I know that. Just being obnoxious since many, many RCU folks here think that Traxxas is God's gift to RC since you can "just hose it down". Traxxas is fine an all, but I'm tired of the hype and folks fearing to drive anywhere near a water puddle with a non-Traxxas ESC. Gimme a break.

Anyway, no worries.
Old 06-16-2011, 08:08 AM
FahrtAutoRC

My bro thought the same thing when he bought his Slash 4X4 PE (used) a couple weeks ago, but after hearing HOW they waterproofed it, he is just gonna stick to an air hose, toothbrush and rag. Who knew it would be preferable to maintain your truck more thoroughly than just a garden hose? [&:]

I know that. Just being obnoxious since many, many RCU folks here think that Traxxas is God's gift to RC since you can "just hose it down". Traxxas is fine an all, but I'm tired of the hype and folks fearing to drive anywhere near a water puddle with a non-Traxxas ESC. Gimme a break.

Anyway, no worries.
Old 06-16-2011, 08:22 AM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: HimmlerHimself

Butting in is never smart unless you know all players involved. This is Freeztron. He is an attention-feening troll, more or less. There is no such thing as ''too harsh'' for this kid. Also, do not let him trick you, his sponsor is his dad and his trucks list of upgrades stop at RPM A-arms and cheap shock covers. He is just posting this as another way of saying ''HEyyyy!!!! Look how muddy i got my super-duper-cool truck! Somebody PRAISE me!!!!''. This is the extent of 99% of his posts. It is no different than dealing with women.

LMAO...[:@][&:] that was pretty funny HimmlerHimself.............
Old 06-16-2011, 08:38 AM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Half of the fun in bashing is getting the truck dirty the other half is replacing the broken parts.. Heck, we went to the beach last year and I never did clean all the sand out my 4wd Slash and Savage Flux. What is the point in cleaning them if you are just going to get them dirty again. Unless they are your shelf Queen..
Old 06-16-2011, 08:58 AM
RiverLarry

Yor car / Truck people are purty hard core !!!!     my 0.02 !!!        R/L
Old 06-16-2011, 09:11 AM
Chucksolo69

Don't get me wrong, I love running my RC cars in the dirt, especially my nitro truggy, but, I absolutely hate the 1 full hour it takes to clean it after a 2-3 hour bashing session in the dirt. I much prefer to run in short, short grass where there are bare patches to roost in. Only about 1/2 hour of cleaning time after that run in grass. Having said that, I do clean them because of the investment I have in the machines and want to keep them as long and trouble free as possible.  You are all right, it is part of the hobby and if you complain, you shouldn't run them, just put them on the shelf. I can't see however, how someone can laugh when half their truck gets ripped apart, especially when the model probably cost upward of 400-500 bucks. This is the scenario where the driver didn't buy the truck himself so he never felt the pain of seeing his money go down the drain. One more thing, as annoying as it may seem that Thunderbirdjunkie refers to himself in the first person, who cares? If he wants to post that way, who are we to put him down for it. Freezetron sounds like one of those 18-35 year olds who still lives with Mommy and Daddy.
Old 06-16-2011, 09:23 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: Captain Terrific

I think the company that made Duke Nukem is coming out with a newer version.

Dave
Yeah, but ThunderbirdJunkie has an old Athlon x64 setup, and while it's got a pimp video card, it's just not worth it to buy new RAM, a new motherboard, and processor and God knows what else to be able to play it.

That's $300-500 he could spend on his Jeep or his RC's or toward tuition or...
Old 06-16-2011, 09:24 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

Butting in is never smart unless you know all players involved. This is Freeztron. He is an attention-feening troll, more or less. There is no such thing as ''too harsh'' for this kid. Also, do not let him trick you, his sponsor is his dad and his trucks list of upgrades stop at RPM A-arms and cheap shock covers. He is just posting this as another way of saying ''HEyyyy!!!! Look how muddy i got my super-duper-cool truck! Somebody PRAISE me!!!!''. This is the extent of 99% of his posts. It is no different than dealing with women.
QFT, ThunderbirdJunkie could not have said it better.
Old 06-16-2011, 10:27 AM
sloppyG

ORIGINAL: ThunderbirdJunkie

QFT, ThunderbirdJunkie could not have said it better.
the truth is strong in that post!
Old 06-16-2011, 10:46 AM
guys2nv

ROFLMAO at this whole thread. If you don't wanna spend the time cleaning the truck then don't run it when it's raining outside. I thought water+dirt=mud or did I miss something.
Old 06-16-2011, 10:52 AM
rc10b4_racer

ORIGINAL: t9dragon

LMAO...[:@][&:] that was pretty funny HimmlerHimself.............
Im not gunn lie i laughed too x] sorry if i didnt know the situation I was getting into forgive me[:@]...lol
Old 06-16-2011, 11:04 AM
FahrtAutoRC

Here you go freezekid, and this thing is nowhere near complete for me. And yes, it races indoor/outdoor, gets filthy every time, cleaned every time and once a month completely stripped and cleaned, new fluids once every two months, and new bearings every three, I follow a maitenance schedule and this is not counting another $100+ average each month in upgrades. Most of the pics are not up to date, but here is a journey of the DOCUMENTED part of the "build". I am not trying to brag, just lay down an example. If you want to show something off, then make sure it is at least REMOTELY worth viewing. Not all upgrades shown, including RR gears, etc, but you get the idea....
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec88784.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	102.6 KB
ID:	1624073   Click image for larger version

Name:	Aw70288.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	1624074   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wb76285.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	91.1 KB
ID:	1624075   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jd87840.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	103.4 KB
ID:	1624076   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oz31674.jpg
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	1624077   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bs14989.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	1624078   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oq21652.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	103.8 KB
ID:	1624079   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv75556.jpg
Size:	124.9 KB
ID:	1624080  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Us24485.jpg
Size:	62.8 KB
ID:	1624081   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ug42172.jpg
Size:	82.4 KB
ID:	1624082   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jp68356.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	1624083   Click image for larger version

Name:	Td25978.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	1624084  
Old 06-16-2011, 12:49 PM
fly24-7

Thunderbirdjunkie is just being a goof and having fun. You car guys don't know how good you got it over here. Read some of the super-uptight and downright mean-spirited, vicious sh@t on the airplane forums. Not saying that the car side is immune to that, but most every airplane thread inevitably turns nasty (Except the jet stuff. for the most part, those guys are alright). I read the car stuff from time to time for some levity and entertainment...
Old 06-16-2011, 01:11 PM
mechanizeddeath

I leave the mud on mine. Over time it hardens into a protective shell, allowing me to bash my cars even harder.
Old 06-16-2011, 01:21 PM
MetallicaJunkie

do you guy hose them off
Old 06-16-2011, 01:54 PM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

ORIGINAL: Freezetron

So, after deciding to keep the Slash, I decided I really needed to go to the track again but the weather up in my state has been nothing but rain and misery. I finally managed to get two other guys to join me this weekend during a dry spell. Unfortuantly, as soon as they showed up, it started to rain pretty good for 15 minutes and let up again. The track wasn't soaked but it was pretty wet and I was about to say "screw it" when my friends threw their trucks on the track and started having a muddy good time. Realizing that I also forgot my outerwears shroud AGAIN, I finally gave into their fun and put Frostbolt on the track as well until it started to down pour again.

Needless to say, my truck was an utter, muck filled mess. Yeah, it was alot of fun, for around 10 mins. But then I spent the next several hours after hosing down the truck with the garden house, taking the truck all apart, take each part and put them on a towel and drying them in a fan for a few hours. Then began the real fun part of cleaning all of parts with blue rags and 409 lemon cleaner. It cost me another 4 bearings for one little mud run after the rain. Waterproof or not, this was a PITA to clean up and ill be sticking with dry dirt or clean snow from this point forward. Thanks but no thanks.

And this will teach me for forgetting my outerwears as well...

I couldn't agree with you more. If it ain't dry I don't run. I can't stand cleaning and just plain don't do it. My trucks show it too. The most I'll do is clean a motor or trans or something if I'm repairing or rebuilding it OR maybe wash a body after it gets many runs on it. I never could quite get up enough ambition to put more money into a truck cleaning it then it is worth.

Old 06-16-2011, 04:13 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: fly24-7

Thunderbirdjunkie is just being a goof and having fun. You car guys don't know how good you got it over here. Read some of the super-uptight and downright mean-spirited, vicious sh@t on the airplane forums. Not saying that the car side is immune to that, but most every airplane thread inevitably turns nasty (Except the jet stuff. for the most part, those guys are alright). I read the car stuff from time to time for some levity and entertainment...
In one thread I think it was in the radio forum they were saying how nice and helpful the airplane guys are[X(]
Old 06-16-2011, 04:20 PM
madtruck1

[/quote]

Freeze is a computer geek by nature. He drives a Honda Civic and cares about gas mileage. To him an RC car is a TOY not a HOBBY. Even at the level we're at, there are people that think like this. There's nothing inherently WRONG with it, but, it's obvious that he's not an ENTHUSIAST. He wouldn't buy a (shameless self-example here) 1987 Ford Thunderbird that chucked a rod through the block, work 5 hours and have a 306 with heads and a cam that he had sitting around in the car less than 24 hours later simply to have a working hot rod that could run 13s through the quarter simply because it requires actual EFFORT and getting DIRTY.

He'd probably freak at how much dust is packed into the heat sink on ThunderbirdJunkie's processor. If he can't blow it out with compressed air, then it's too much bother. That's how people are nowadays, it seems. If you can't push a button and get rid of the inconvenience of it, then it's not worth doing.
[/quote]

Aint that the truth
Old 06-16-2011, 04:31 PM
madtruck1

ORIGINAL: mechanizeddeath

I leave the mud on mine. Over time it hardens into a protective shell, allowing me to bash my cars even harder.

Hell if i can remember, i will post some pics of my revo with dried up dirt and dust and what not on tomorrow.
Old 06-16-2011, 06:30 PM
electricrc68
Banned

Here you go freezekid, and this thing is nowhere near complete for me. And yes, it races indoor/outdoor, gets filthy every time, cleaned every time and once a month completely stripped and cleaned, new fluids once every two months, and new bearings every three, I follow a maitenance schedule and this is not counting another $100+ average each month in upgrades. Most of the pics are not up to date, but here is a journey of the DOCUMENTED part of the "build". I am not trying to brag, just lay down an example. If you want to show something off, then make sure it is at least REMOTELY worth viewing. Not all upgrades shown, including RR gears, etc, but you get the idea....
do you only have a slash or do you have other cars? not trying to say anything, just curious.

Old 06-16-2011, 07:11 PM
ilanstylz
My Feedback: (12)

What happened to the OP? Did has dad see this thread and ground him for wasting his money by getting all the stickers dirty ;-), I saw this thread on rctech and wondered what was the point, heck I've not only gotten my rc's alot dirtier, but I've destroyed some as well, to me thats all part of the fun is to clean it up to make it look just as good as the day you bought it as well as adding new shinier parts that you broke ;-)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.