Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Rim hub

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 12:09 PM
raceingnub25

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rim hub

So i was having problems with my wheel and i found out that the problem is my friend put industral strength lock tight on the wheel i got the wheel off by just seer luck and pulling. But the rim hub is still stuck and i cant get it off any suggestions what to do ( car is an earthquake 8E)
Old 06-28-2011, 12:38 PM
The Mad Modder

Default RE: Rim hub

ORIGINAL: raceingnub25

So i was having problems with my wheel and i found out that the problem is my friend put industral strength lock tight on the wheel i got the wheel off by just seer luck and pulling. But the rim hub is still stuck and i cant get it off any suggestions what to do ( car is an earthquake 8E)
Which color Loctite did you use? Blue is regular, red needs heat to make it release, green wicks into threads.
Old 06-28-2011, 02:09 PM
Lars from Norway

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Most wheel hubs -or wheel axles- has a cross pin running through them, on which the hub is snapped on to. Try to pry it off with a flat bladed screwdriver supporting it on the edge of the bearing holder (or steering knuckle).
Old 06-28-2011, 04:01 PM
raceingnub25

Im not quite sure it was grey in the bottle and was very liquid like and was labled industrail strength like i said i didint put it on so i dont know much about it
Old 06-28-2011, 07:13 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

If it's got 8mm 1/8 scale style axles there is a 4mm grub screw that goes into the end of the axle to secure the pin. You should be able to use a 2mm driver to get that out. It's best to put the wheel on the hex so you have something to hold the axle still while you're cranking on it.
Old 06-28-2011, 07:15 PM
raceingnub25

Okay sounds good ill give it a try