Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more
Reload this Page >

New guy here! I like the Matt Francis truck-what 27 MHz radio should I get?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

New guy here! I like the Matt Francis truck-what 27 MHz radio should I get?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2003, 05:16 AM
jeepin7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New guy here! I like the Matt Francis truck-what 27 MHz radio should I get?

After wanting a truck for the past 10 years, I've finally decided to buy one. I've searched the net and talked to a few people and I'm thinking about getting the Matt Francis XXX-T. I want something I can play with or race for quit a while. Your thoughts?

There are too many choices for radios. Which one should I get? I'm currently stationed in the UK so I have to get a 27 MHz radio. $200 is what I'd like to spend on a radio that I won't have to replace for a while. I also want one that I can use with other cars in the future.

Thanks
Jeepin7
Old 08-16-2003, 05:24 PM
bugged
My Feedback: (1)

Default New guy here! I like the Matt Francis truck-what 27 MHz radio should I get?

if its just a Truck all you need is a 2 channle radio, go with Futaba or JR.
I wouldnt reccomend Hitec at all as I've had bad experience with it.

personally what I look for in a radio is as little adjustments as possible!!
all I need for adjustments on my radio are: throttle and steering trim, amount of steering and sometimes steering speed, the 1st 3 are all that are really important in my opinion.
I also reccomend *NOT* buying a computer or digital radio, these suck the batterys down like crazy!!!

Good luck and have fun!
Old 08-17-2003, 02:35 AM
SpoonAvenger

I've had great experiance with hitec, 2 radio systems, and several mg servos. I'm thinking of getting a 3rd hitec system actually. I've heard good things about futaba and JR too though. I'm sure any of these good name brands will make you happy, and yeah, unless your planning on being a serious racer, which it seemed like you were just wanting to play and race sometimes, you proabably dont need a computer radio. But if i misinterpreted, and you are planning on becoming a serious racer, not just a racer, but a serious one, then you might want a computer radio, as they can do way more.
Old 08-17-2003, 04:45 AM
jeepin7

Default Thanks for the input. Truck is in the mail.

Thanks for your input. I ordered the truck yesterday through rcmodels.com
I took the advice from the local hobby shop and ordered the following to go w/ the Matt Francis truck:
(2) Venom 3000 NiMH batteries
LRP IPC Super Sport ESC
Trinity Chameleon 19T stock motor
AC/DC charger

TBPH I don't know an

The folks here in the UK aren't real keen on pistol grip radios, so they don't sell them. Not sure if I want to give stick radios a try, or go straight for the pistol grip. I would have liked to have purchased everything locally, but with an exchange rate of $1.65 to every Pound--I couldn't afford it. I was able to order the $249 truck online for $15 less than buying the XXXT Spec locally.
Old 08-19-2003, 08:29 AM
gadszucs

jeepin 7,

what kind of duties did you pay when you ordered the MF XXX-T from the U.S.? I'm in a similar situation, living in the U.K. and once taking currency into account, I'd much rather buy from the U.S. The only question is, will I get hit with a large duty charge when the truck is delivered to the UK, which negates the benefits of buying in the U.S.

anyhow, look forward to hearing how you like the vehicle.

gd