Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Loving the Build Again!

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2011, 10:11 AM
alexchen86

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Loving the Build Again!

It's been ages since I've had a kit to build...finally got the new SC10 4x4 and the Castle SCT 3800kv package with it.

I have a crappy Tower Pro MG995 servo which I'm going to use...we'll see how long that lasts lol!

I've read that a lot of people run the MMP ESC due to heat issues. I won't be racing this truck just bashing and occasional track runs so do I really need to upgrade? Also I know having an external BEC would bring my Sidewinder V2 temps down but by how much?

Or should I just rig up a fan to the Sidewinder...probably cheaper that way.
Old 07-01-2011, 10:17 AM
ilanstylz
My Feedback: (12)

Default RE: Loving the Build Again!

Rig a fan to it, and gear it on the low side and you should be fine.......I would save up and get a better servo, its a pain to get to the servo once you have it installed........
Old 07-01-2011, 06:59 PM
Krazy Chicken

just throw the blower shroud on the esc, the motor will be fine, never got mine in my wheely king above 100 degrees, and according to alot of people i was way overgeared. that motor will handle pretty much any gearing setup.
ORIGINAL: ilanstylz

Rig a fan to it, and gear it on the low side and you should be fine.......I would save up and get a better servo, its a pain to get to the servo once you have it installed........
Old 07-01-2011, 09:10 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

That sidewinder is not going to survive.
Old 07-07-2011, 07:32 AM
alexchen86

Well I cut off the the blower since it won't fit onto the 540 can and mounted it on the Sidewinder. I'm primarily using it to bash and occasional practice runs at our tracks. No competion racing so I might throw on a CC BEC if the temps get out of control.

Some other threads running the SCT combo geared at 23/93 48P 130 on ESC.

The reason I wanted another SCT was because I converted my Slash 4x4 PE to this:

Perfect rally setup! 1/8...stock VXL firmer springs and sways...chopped off the bumpers and made my own foam bumpers.