Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

best affodable brushless system for pede.

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2011, 04:40 PM
kimberklr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default best affodable brushless system for pede.

posted this else were but didn't get a good response.

well my old faithful novak 5800ss system gave up the ghost today.

it has served me well for a good 5+ years so i can't complain.

so now it's either find a esc that's compatible with my motor or get a new system.

any suggestions either way?

wouldn't mind a cheap way out.

thanks for any help.

so far i'm looking at the sidewinder 4600 and Novak Havoc 3S/Ballistic System 10.5T.
Old 09-06-2011, 05:40 PM
dms888
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: best affodable brushless system for pede.

you can always go with hobbypartz.com there great and have some of the best prices. i just ordered the ezrun system cant wait to try it out.
Old 09-06-2011, 06:10 PM
rclugnut10
My Feedback: (1)

i would go for the sidewinder over the havoc, i've heard too many stories of havoc's going poof, and my sw's been great to me

the lug
Old 09-08-2011, 11:28 AM
EvaderSpeedRacer

I just installed the EzRun system with a 4000Kv motor and also bought some LiPo's. I have to say I am impressed with the quality of everything from that website. I bought 2 - 5000mah LiPo's, 2 - 1800mah mini sized LiPo's, the EzRun system and the Dynam Supermate DC6 charger and while I've only had the stuff for a few days just the built quality alone is much more than I expected. I have a brand new Evader EXT2 that's only a month or so old so I didn't want to drop big bucks on an entry level ST so I placed the order there and got everything shipped for $200.75 exactly and I am impressed. I definitely recommend it so far especially for the Evader. Only thing I regret is just not getting the 6000Kv for the same price[>:]
Old 09-08-2011, 12:29 PM
kimberklr

well i ended up ordering the sidewinder 4600. cost me about 120 shipped, not to bad.

but i am looking into the ezrun esc to replace the novak ss esc but i want to make sure it's compatible with the novak ss5800 sensored motor before i order it.
Old 09-09-2011, 07:10 PM
EvaderSpeedRacer

The whole Sidewinder series is also very good quality stuff. I have the micro in my RC18T and that thing flies and is a blast! Only problem is it goes so fast that it breaks if I hit anything haha