Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more
Reload this Page >

RedCat Racing 1/8th Backdraft 8e RTR Brushless Buggy Who Has One?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

RedCat Racing 1/8th Backdraft 8e RTR Brushless Buggy Who Has One?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 01:32 AM
ITS ME DAVID

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RedCat Racing 1/8th Backdraft 8e RTR Brushless Buggy Who Has One?

Well the redcat section doesn't have much active users maybe there is a reason who knows. But I was thinking of getting this Redcat Racing 1/8th Buggy and wanted to know from actual owners is it absolute junk? Or will throwing $300 for it actually pay off? I'll be using it for racing around a 1/10 and 1/8th track but for fun during practice no club or sanctioned races.

[link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/article_display.cfm?article_id=1164]Backdraft 8e Review[/link]
Old 08-31-2011, 04:24 AM
xON3MERCx

Default RE: RedCat Racing 1/8th Backdraft 8e RTR Brushless Buggy Who Has One?

I love my Backdraft. I have had it for a few months now and put it through some hell both camping and around my house. With all the crap it has been through the only thing that I have had to replace so far is the front and rear C-hubs and some new dogbones. With all the bashing, jumping and hill climbing it has done I keeped bending dogbones but for some reason when I replaced the C-hubs that stopped. My son mostly drives it now and as anyone who has young kids knows they are not easy on them but its still running strong. But know this some times you just get a lemon and some times you dont. I also have a Hurrican XTR and that thing is weakass. It has not been able to keep up with my Backdraft from day one and its supposed to be built stronger, NOT. Hope that this helps.
Old 08-31-2011, 08:09 AM
ITS ME DAVID

Default RE: RedCat Racing 1/8th Backdraft 8e RTR Brushless Buggy Who Has One?

Thanks for the feedback appreciate it.