Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

E-Revo that drives like a washing machine???

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2011, 02:41 AM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default E-Revo that drives like a washing machine???

I'm trying to figure out why I have so much wobble in my wheels and tires on my E-Revo. I definitely don't have water in them. The stock wheels were wobbling like they were off balance new from the box so I just thought that the wheels were off balance, I got some proline wheels and big joe tires thinking that might fix the problem but it is still there and now it is worse because the tires I got are really heavy. So I took all the wheels off and started to run the truck slowly on my workbench and I can see that the drive-shafts all seem to have wobble in them like they are not perfectly straight. I had a spare new complete drive-shaft from my old 3.3 I had years ago so I put that in and it to had the same wobble. To me it almost feels like the plastic drive-shafts have been warped from being in a hot car parked in the sun or something like that but I haven't done anything like that and I would have thought that that plastic would not warp easily. I'm going to order the steel drive-shafts as soon as tower has them in stock and I hope that fixes my problem but I live in Australia and I won't see them for a month or more so in the mean time if anyone has any ideas on what might be causing this or weather steel drive-shafts will be my best bet to fix it please let me know, my truck is only about 3 weeks old. It is so bad with the new tires that on the street it feels more like I'm driving a washing machine on spin cycle than a Brushless E-Revo with precision handling.
Old 09-25-2011, 03:27 AM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

Default RE: E-Revo that drives like a washing machine???

Not sure if this will shed any light but the right front and left rear drive-shafts have more vibration or wobble than the other two.
Old 09-25-2011, 04:32 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Bearings?
Old 09-25-2011, 04:37 AM
Brainanator
My Feedback: (1)

big joes....LOL. Those are huge floppy tires, even if you perfectly balanced them they will unevenly distort and flop around somewhere near 35mph.
Old 09-25-2011, 05:18 AM
Link119
My Feedback: (1)

Washing machine?
Old 09-25-2011, 05:24 AM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

ORIGINAL: Foxy

Bearings?
Thanks Foxy they are a bit dirty I'll give them a clean and see if it helps.
Old 09-25-2011, 05:33 AM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

ORIGINAL: Brainanator

big joes....LOL. Those are huge floppy tires, even if you perfectly balanced them they will unevenly distort and flop around somewhere near 35mph.
what sort of tires would you recommend for hard dirt tracks and running on the street ? I mainly bought the big joes for a rocky hill climb area that I like to go to and I was just testing them out on the street so I expected them to balloon but not vibrate like they do... I'll try to make a video tomorrow and see if I can show you all the vibration with and with out the tires on.
Old 09-26-2011, 09:17 AM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

I made a quick video. It's a bit hard to see but if you keep one eye on the top a-arm and the other on the driveshaft you can see it appears slightly curved. I know it doesn't seem like much but could it be the reason my wheels seem so out of balance or am I just being paranoid ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52WYpRVIFqg
Old 09-26-2011, 09:30 AM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They looked warped to me.
Old 09-26-2011, 10:38 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: TheKennyKiller

what sort of tires would you recommend for hard dirt tracks and running on the street ? I mainly bought the big joes for a rocky hill climb area that I like to go to and I was just testing them out on the street so I expected them to balloon but not vibrate like they do... I'll try to make a video tomorrow and see if I can show you all the vibration with and with out the tires on.
Stock Savage X/X4.6/Flux tires. Light weight and decent all-around traction.
Old 09-26-2011, 11:32 AM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

ORIGINAL: ThunderbirdJunkie

ORIGINAL: TheKennyKiller

Stock Savage X/X4.6/Flux tires. Light weight and decent all-around traction.
These ones ?

http://www.hpiracing.com/products/en/4462/

will they fit on traxxas wheels or any other wheels that fit the revo?