Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more
Reload this Page >

HPI Vorza Flux HP difference ? Advice are more then welcome ;)

Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

HPI Vorza Flux HP difference ? Advice are more then welcome ;)

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2011, 07:32 PM
Automan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HPI Vorza Flux HP difference ? Advice are more then welcome ;)

Hi everyone !

Does anyone know the exact difference between the old and the new HPI Vorza Flux HP ? some say the new is waterproofed, and i know HPI claim it's faster.. other then a new design on the gears (D8 spiral-cut 'worm gear') and new color on shell... i really dont see much difference.
Old 10-31-2011, 09:04 PM
rclugnut10
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: HPI Vorza Flux HP difference ? Advice are more then welcome ;)

a 'worm' gear would do no good in the vorza, and would shred as soon as you let off the throttle, the spiral cut gears are more efficient and smoother, and i'm pretty sure it was just hpi updating it with the rest of thier trucks to have thier 2.4 radio too

the lug
Old 11-01-2011, 02:18 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeh, the spiral cut gears have been a staple of some of the top 1/8th models for a while. Mugen use them for example. Also known as helical gears. They aren't actually more efficient (you can always tell when a real racing car has straight cut gears, the hardcore gearbox whine like you hear in rally cars is unmistakeable) but they are a hell of a lot more durable, and smoother as lug said. More teeth in contact at any given time.
Old 11-01-2011, 05:39 AM
Automan

Thanks for the quick replies. You are probably right, it's mainly a update to ship it with the new radio mainly..

I dont know if it is true or not, but some say the new Vorza has softer aluminium base plate then the old model.. 6xxx vs 7xxx, anyone know for sure if this is true or not ?

A quick question, is there any point for me getting this buggy if i already have a Team Associated SC8e ? i mean, they do look very similar and i do love my SC8e.

Edit, think we can rule out that the new Vorza is waterproof
Old 11-01-2011, 06:22 AM
Foxy

ORIGINAL: Automan
A quick question, is there any point for me getting this buggy if i already have a Team Associated SC8e ?
No, not really. They will drive the same. If I were you, I'd be looking for a nice second hand truggy in good condition to convert, or a Savage Flux HP if you don't have one.
Old 11-01-2011, 03:35 PM
Automan

Thanks for the advice. I looked at how nearly identical the complete layout was, and even if i think it's a great layout i just dont want one more exactly the same car

I have already the savage flux hp...

My garage is now:

Fg 1:6 monstertruck
MCD 1:4 Hummer
Txt1 rebuild 1:9 hummer crawler
Tamiya hilift 1:10

Hpi savage flux hp xl (1:8)
Hpi baja 5sc ss with cc conv
Team associated sc8e

Girlfriend has a traxxas slash 4x4

I just wanted something different now.. have been thinking about these:

Hpi savage xs 1:14 (changing atlest esc and servo directly)
Losi 5ive (save a littlebit more to get it)
Hpi vorza flux hp 1:8 (new model)

Please give me some advice if you know any real good thing i have missed
Old 11-01-2011, 03:47 PM
Foxy

An MBX6T converted to brushless. Honestly, a really good truggy with a mad brushless setup will blow you away. The Vorza you will find very plain compared to what you already have. The little Savage is interesting to me too, but I haven't got around to getting one yet. Have you soncidered something even smaller? Check this out...I have one and it's absolutely astonishing. Probably my fastest car on 3S, and definitely the most well made model I have ever owned. People smirk when I get it out of the car after showing off the Savage, but the smirks soon turn to slackjawed staring when I gun it. I have it geared for about 60mph at the moment on 3s. My GF calls it the cockroach. lol.

http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/pro...Y%20M18T%20PRO
Old 11-01-2011, 06:20 PM
wanna_be_racer

I converted an old Losi 8ight-T 1.0 to brushless not to long ago for my dad. Throw a Mamba Monster / 2200 KV Castle Monster with 5s. Throws nearly 50 mph and drives like a champ. I would recommend it as well rather than buying a new model.
Old 11-01-2011, 07:14 PM
Automan

Thanks for the help guys !!

Foxy thanks for the link and idea, that little truck sure looks nice, i will check it out more and see what i can do with it... sure looks interresting.

W.B Racer thanks for reminding me, I have thought about doing just that you mentioned, but after getting my sc8e.... well, i do wanna give that chassis another look and see if there is something for me on that car that will benefit my collection.

The first plan this time was to get a cool mini rc, and i had almost bought the savage xs... but then my thoughts started to wonder as they always do when im about to get another new rc my girlfriend will probably become violent if i ask her one more time what to do
Old 11-01-2011, 07:46 PM
wanna_be_racer

All in all, you'll spend about the same money when converting an 8ight-T, or any nitro 1/8th scale, to brushless, opposed to buying a new model; roughly speaking. Considering a MM/2200 is like $325 or around that, and the coversion kit will cost $80 from A Main. Then depending on what you want for battery/batteries, anywhere from 80 - 200. But me, I bought my 1.0 race rollers off ebay, got 2 of them whole and ready to go (granted just rollers: no motor or mount, no electronics or pipe) for $200 with tons of parts. But still. After you buy all that, it's about the same as a new RTR, or sometimes cheaper than a kit + electronics/motor.

And yeah, I LOVE my converted 8T. I ran it side by side with the other one which I kept nitro, and they perform almost identically in terms of speed. The electric handles better in my opinion on account of being more balanced and tad bit lighter. You won't be disappointed though if that's what you decide to do.
Old 11-02-2011, 06:17 AM
Automan

Still checking that mini out, just wanna ask if you had any other ideas.. i know i cant have much more cars as they do take up allot of space, and even if my girlfriend think they are nice and like rc, i guess she thinks that it's getting to be littlebit to much cars around the house

Please feel free anyone to come with ideas what i should get, i am very greatful for any new ideas and advice i can get.
Old 11-02-2011, 06:38 AM
Eman77

Well, would you rather get a kit you build yourself, or a RTR? That might help narrow your decision.
Old 11-02-2011, 10:21 AM
Automan

No problems there Eman77 a kit is what prefer everytime im looking for a new rc... unfortunaley most are RTR nowadays
Old 11-02-2011, 11:50 AM
Eman77

Ever thought of a crawler? Totally different direction from your typical nose-hairs-on-fire-with-6s-lipo RCs, but would be a very different build, and different type of RC for your collection. I'm in the middle of a CR-01 build, very interesting.
Old 11-02-2011, 12:59 PM
Automan

I have a crawler based on a txt1 chassis that is no where near a txt1 today, but it is a real nice homemade crawler that really works well. I dont know if i want another crawler, maybe i would like building a formula offroad truck, that would be cool having it real scale with rollcage and everything really detailed and scalelooking. But for now im looking for a really nice high quality kit or rtr.. as im sure im going to tear it down soon anyways to mod it

Old 11-02-2011, 01:09 PM
Eman77

How about onroad?
Old 11-02-2011, 01:20 PM
wanna_be_racer

I've heard O'donnel kits are extra nice, but also extra pricey. They're more like the cadillac of RC.

Old 11-02-2011, 01:23 PM
Automan

My sc8e is pretty much my onroad car nowdays, it sits pretty low and feels real good on asfalt. I have been thinking about a nice drifter, but what im looking for now is something that can do both medium terrain and asfalt, some sort of wintercar/truck i guess but in general everything is interresting, just need something new and exciting to get my hands on

Edit: W.B Racer, do you have any nice links to those caillac's ?
Old 11-02-2011, 02:52 PM
wanna_be_racer

Now that you mention it mate, I can't seem to find the kits anywhere. Not on Tower or A Main. Coulda swore they were still out there...Not the z01-B ot z01-T. Neither of them show up anymore. Hmmm...Guess they musta quit making them. Sorry man. Bad intel. >.<
Old 11-02-2011, 04:02 PM
Automan

No worries W.B Racer, i am happy for all help i can get.

Was thinking about this a few hours ago...

1. If i bought the 1:14 hpi savage xs i could probably even drive it indoors to, but outside it would maybe feel a littlebit to small for me... i really dont know how i would react.

I bought a 1:10 slash 4x4 a while back, and i love the truck but it felt a littlebit to small for me to want to work on and keep, and my fiance thought i was an idiot so she is now the proud owner of that great little car... i still love to drive it when she lets me, but it's nothing i want to own.

2. If i bought the hpi vorza i would probably try to make it a truggy, is that a stupid idea ? i would want some cool body on that, i dont know if there is a large selection out there to fit that buggy. I know i like the motor in it as i have the same in my savage flux and sc8e.. the esc will probably be swapped to a tekin rx8 or similar... i just dont know if getting this buggy would feel right after i bought it, have a sc8e but that is a short course and so on.

Im just thinking out loud now, hope you dont mind... i know i have a real hard time sometime to make a decision on what to get

Still very much open for new ideas [sm=thumbs_up.gif]
Old 11-02-2011, 04:54 PM
wanna_be_racer

Instead of transfering the Vorza to a truggy, just wait for the HPI Trophy Truggy brushless to come out. It's indentical platform to the Trophy buggy, which uses parts from the Vorza. Save ya some monies if you're going for an rtr setup. I'm still a fan of the 8ight-T conversion, specially if you spring for the Tekno RC kit rather than the Losi kit. Looks way better.
Old 11-04-2011, 07:02 AM
Automan

Hi again

I just wanted to say thanks for all help, i looked into every suggestions you gave me and ideas, and finally today i bought what i think would be the best for me right now..

I was really looking for a winter racer, something to go wild/insane with... i will post a picture and if you want you can guess what i bought will probably tell you
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh16691.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	64.3 KB
ID:	1682247   Click image for larger version

Name:	Je99941.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	1682248  
Old 11-04-2011, 07:14 AM
Foxy

Losi 5iveSC or brushless truggy...?
Old 11-04-2011, 07:43 AM
Automan

Im not telling you if you are right today, i will tell you all tomorrow One hint, no 5scale this time

So if you want, guess one model each, and let's see tomorrow who wins the price is to show of their superpowers by winning this quest, simple as that
Old 11-04-2011, 07:53 AM
Eman77

I'm guessing you bought the Savage Flux XS, but should have bought a Tamiya TRF 801xT and converted to Brushless like I did.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.