Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

duratrax?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2011, 04:31 AM
sjhm9102

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default duratrax?

opinion on new duratrax baja bug with 19 turn lipo ready esc?
Old 11-07-2011, 06:01 AM
The Mad Modder

Default RE: duratrax?

It's pretty much a evader dt with a bug body and a couple of upgrades(2.4 radio, ESC w/lipo cutoff and waterproof electronics).

I've heard that DT has improved the plastic they used in the evader and with the new brushless evader coming out, metal gears will be available. Should hold up well for bashing.
Old 11-07-2011, 06:03 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

nice to see them revamping stuff.

having a lipo ready ESC that is waterproof is almost a must today.

body certainly looks very nice! even has mirrors, that roof rack/bumper and the motor details are all much nicer than 1 would expect.

im pretty sure the tires are the same they have on the pre-runner truck. while they look great....they have NO traction. they are too hard of a rubber.

now, its possible the tires area different compound.

also, they dropped the slow 20t photon speed motor for a 19t. should prove closer in speed to other RTRs out there.

the 2.4ghz radio looks pretty nice as well.

i havent seen a street price yet, but as long as it isnt over $200 id say its a good model
Old 11-07-2011, 07:07 PM
cummins driver
My Feedback: (31)

The Duratrax evader models are actually pretty hard to beat for the money. I just bought an EXT2 that i put a brushless in for a cheap parking lot beater. I can tell its not built quite as beefy as some other trucks out there, but they give you a year warranty on the plastics, and spare parts are seriously dirt cheap. Mine has been holding up well to brushless. The only thing i have had a problem with is pulling a ball stud out of the hub. However, the longer ball studs backed with a nut fix that and i have those on the way. Ill be installing the steel diff gear that will be out in a month or so as soon as its in stock as well. You can tell it is built cheaper in some places, but it also has some nice features.

Mine came with the Sprint ESC, and 20t motor and to be honest, it was much peppier than i thought it would be. It would pull a wheelie on a high traction surface from a stop and top speed wasnt as slow as i thought it might be. Im sure its partially because the evader is so light.

Over all id say the evader series trucks are a pretty good value. Im gonna try and stick with mine for a while and see what kinds of problems i run into. I dont really think durability will be an issue once i get a couple small things upgraded though.
Old 11-07-2011, 07:48 PM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah it looks good for the money, Duratrax stuff is of good quality.
Old 11-08-2011, 04:29 AM
sjhm9102

they sound like a good base they are making a name for themselves the baja i saw was only well all duratrax is come from towerhobbies plus im a big vw bug man
Old 11-08-2011, 06:58 AM
Churron
My Feedback: (5)

i want the bug body, but not really interested in the truck itself:P