Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

The Evader Coalition ~ T.E.C. Part 2.

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 12:19 PM
Crash7772

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Evader Coalition ~ T.E.C. Part 2.

ORIGINAL: dtxandtrx

I run t4 wheels and tires on my evader made by losi,team associated, and jconcepts. Run any tire with any foam that will fit on the rim. Works great i love it.
Foams come on the rim (and balanced) to the best of my knowledge. Have never seen them personally any other way but can't seem to find a rubber tire combo that can withstand the 75mph+ range.
Old 03-23-2012, 07:43 PM
Crash7772

http://www.brushlessrcmotor.com/upgr...x-evader-ext2/ Came across this today for anyone looking into upgrading ST or EXT.
Old 03-25-2012, 08:29 AM
EXT2Rob
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: dtxandtrx

It still dosent want to come out. I think it might have fused to the palastic case from the hight speed.
Idon't know that is supposed to come off. Ijust twist it to line up the grooves that allow access to the top shaft pin.
Dont get stuck on trying to get that ring off, it may not. You need to get that dang pin out. It's kind of a PITA.
Get some TrakPower Gear Grease, it's really good. Coat all your tranny gears with it after cleaning everything really well.
Also, put it in your differential. Those bevel gears take a lot of abuse. Ihave a new all-metal diff, and like new DTX trannys, it apparently had precious little fluid in it and I've already worn out those gears. Ishould have KNOWN DTX wouldn't have put enough lube in it. Word to the wise, when you get a brand new car or brand new tranny or diff, open that sucker up and put a proper amount of grease in everything, cuz they don't!

Old 03-25-2012, 08:50 AM
EXT2Rob

If ya go with the metal idler, the next weak link will be the plastic diff gear. IF you keep the tranny well lubed it can take a lot of abuse, but plastic vs metal.....metal always wins. TrakPower Gear Grease is da bomb. The metal diff gear looks to be bomb-proof, but the spyder gears aren't. I've already worn them out.  I suspect because (stupid me I didn't look first!) that the diff, that's supposed to have 30,000wt silicon fluid, DIDN'T have fluid or not enough, cuz when I opened it, it was practically dry. Typical for DTX. 
Old 03-25-2012, 04:25 PM
dtxandtrx

Thanks for the info. I ended up getting the pin out but ended up ruining the tranny case. Lucky i had one to use from my old evader st. What i ended up doing for the new ext is just putting in the whole st tranny and putting on the st cvds. Works great even with the old ball diff and non metal gears. Is withstanding a losi xcelorin 4800kv motor with no problems except the losi esc battery wire unsoldering. Had about three runs of hard running with the st tranny with no grease in any of the gears. The tranny is bone dry and i had know idea. Will put some of that grease in there and see how it holds up
Old 03-26-2012, 12:23 PM
SacramentoJoe

I just noticed that the metal idler gear has been discontinued. [link=http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&W=001526221&I=LXFZP0&P=K]idler[/link] LXFZP0

Is there another one that will fit?
Old 03-26-2012, 12:35 PM
rclugnut10

ORIGINAL: SacramentoJoe

I just noticed that the metal idler gear has been discontinued. [link=http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&W=001526221&I=LXFZP0&P=K]idler[/link] LXFZP0

Is there another one that will fit?

the unit for the ext2 should fit, i believe i'm running this right now with no issues

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXAEJL&P=Z

the lug
Old 03-27-2012, 07:08 AM
SacramentoJoe

the unit for the ext2 should fit, i believe i'm running this right now with no issues
Thanks, Lug. For five bucks, I'll order one.
Old 03-27-2012, 03:55 PM
Crash7772

ORIGINAL: SacramentoJoe

Thanks, Lug. For five bucks, I'll order one.
The EXT gear is smaller diameter than the nitro one and the traxxas on is slightly larger than the nitro. I read somewhere it wasn't suggested to use the EXT idler in the ST trans.
Old 03-27-2012, 07:52 PM
rclugnut10

https://sites.google.com/site/evader...rst/idler-info

i don't have measurements on the steel ext2 gear but yeah those #'s are correct for some reason i had a really small # for the ext gear i can't type or something....

the lug
Old 03-28-2012, 08:24 AM
SacramentoJoe

Well, good thing I didn't order one. I can't find any nitro metal gears for my ST anywhere. Has anyone tried the Traxxas in an ST?
Old 03-28-2012, 01:35 PM
EXT2Rob

HEADS UP GUYS
re: DTX metal diff
If you have the new metal diff for the brushless Evader, you best open it an check it out, it's probably dry, or near so. My bevel gears have worn out after only a month or two. DTX suggests using TrackPower gear grease instead of fluid, as, even the heaviest fluids tended to leak out. (!!) It's probably also a good idea to use thread-lock on all the diff screws.

Update: Thread-lock is a MUST. And the only way to get it to work is to disassemble the diff, clean it all out with solvent (especially the screw holes), let it dry and use the thread lock on one side and assemble that side. Load it with grease, carefully avoiding getting it in the screw holes. Then apply thread lock and assemble the other side. Let it sit for a day or two. This should keep the dang screws from loosening and destroying the inner diff gears. ALSO, get yourself some 1.19mm "music wire" for the drive-cup retainers, the originals are not strong enough and will eventually fail. You should be able to find it at your LHS.
Old 03-29-2012, 03:30 PM
Crash7772

How much different is the XXX-T trans vs the Evader? Robinson Racing makes harden steel idler and aluminum diff http://www.robinsonracing.com/catalog/xxxt.html .
Old 03-29-2012, 03:40 PM
Crash7772

ORIGINAL: Crash7772

How much different is the XXX-T trans vs the Evader? Robinson Racing makes harden steel idler and aluminum diff http://www.robinsonracing.com/catalog/xxxt.html .
Losi diff gear
SPECS: Outer Diameter: 28mm (1.1")
Inner Diameter: 8mm (0.31")
Width: 9mm (0.35")
Idle gear
Outer Diameter: 15.3mm (0.60")
Inner Diameter: 8mm (0.31")
Width: 9mm (0.35")
ST diff gear
Total outer diameter: 26.6mm (1.05")
Pitch: 48
Thickness: 9mm (0.35")
Idle gear
unknown

I sent Robinson Racing an e-mail about the XXX-T gears....guess we'll see what they say....maybe they will start making them for the ST's.
Old 03-30-2012, 04:22 PM
Crash7772

Robinson Racing said no go on both.
Old 04-15-2012, 11:15 AM
thehuntingterminator

I am getting tired of brushless wheelies and breaking parts all the time, so I kind of wanted something to put around with that would still be fun and hardly ever break. So, I found a couple Evader STs for around $50. I figured I could do a complete rebuild on it and it might be fun to put around with in the yard. My question is though, are they any good? I looked on ebay and there are plenty of parts out there for it and I've heard they're decent. Would it be something fun to restore and put a brushed motor into it and just put around with it? I just don't want something that's going to break down all the time...
Old 04-15-2012, 12:07 PM
dtxandtrx

I was thinking about that myself. Even though brushless seems to be better, is it really better with all of the parts that you are breaking? I had my evader st for 3 years before i broke one part. It was brushed and i went through a handfull of brushed motors. But i still had a to of fun and it held up for all that time. My evader is currently out of commission due to stripped tranny gears. I will soom myself be putting a mildly fast brushed motor that you can change the brushes in. Hope this helps with the decision.
P.s. What brushed motors do you all reccommend..?????
Old 05-12-2012, 06:27 PM
NoTraxxisRustler

Hello all,

Hope things have gone well for you guys.

Good deal on that EXT. There was one sitting in my LHS for like 2 years. Wish I had gotten it, so when my kid and I go out he can take a friend.

Has anyone here ever made any custom decals??

I'm gonna pick up a clear shell to paint. I have a graphic program that I can mage designs with, and my objective is to make decals that I can put on the inside of the bodyshell. So the front of the decal would need to stick to the lexan, then come back and paint . 

Thanks
NTR

Old 05-13-2012, 04:53 AM
dtxandtrx

I have never made custom decals. I always put the ones i buy off of the shelf at hobby shops. I also stock up on some dirt bike or auto parts stickers to make a themed truck. I made a amsoil truck with 3 amsoil stickers. One on each door panel and one on the hood. Just put the rest of the stickers in the appropriatte places and painted the body striped with white red and blue. It looks great.
Old 05-23-2012, 03:59 PM
spooner

just want to say that my BL Evader showed up today. it sure is pretty.
just wondering if any parts from the old evader st will fit this one?

wow 900 ish pages of T.E.C. thats cool
Old 05-23-2012, 05:00 PM
cumquat

ORIGINAL: spooner

just want to say that my BL Evader showed up today. it sure is pretty.
just wondering if any parts from the old evader st will fit this one?

wow 900 ish pages of T.E.C. thats cool
st? a few. ext/2? virtually all.
Old 05-30-2012, 03:48 AM
JSS4

Can I join with a DT?
Old 05-31-2012, 03:25 AM
dtxandtrx

Yes please do.
Old 06-27-2012, 06:35 PM
NoTraxxisRustler

Wow - has everyone in the world sold their Evaders?

Or are the new ones so great there is no need for a support group anymore??

Has anyone had any experieince with the new tranny? The transmissions I put into mine and my kid's trucks have been great, but it's always better to go stock with no "special" mods. I'm seeing them on ebay from time to time . . .

Whats the verdict?Anyone.

Thanks
NTR
Old 06-28-2012, 12:49 AM
cumquat

dismantaled mine some time ago, havent had any reason to find all the parts to rebuild although i've been thinking about building a sandrail out of one again (built one last year, never ran it).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.