Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

The Evader Coalition ~ T.E.C. Part 2.

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 08:46 AM
EXT2Rob
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: The Evader Coalition ~ T.E.C. Part 2.

Flip your pinion around. if the set screw is on the inside, flip it around to the outside and align, or vice-versa.
Old 03-03-2012, 08:13 AM
dtxandtrx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys just took my evader ext2 to my local track last night completey stock and could not make most of the jumps. So i took it in and put my slash 4x4 velineon motor and esc in. Running very careful for about 20 laps i took it in and put some jconcepts barcodes on in the rear. Much better for traction but i started running the truck harder and harder through the night. Worked great until i smashed into a metal box messing around where there was no track and just dust. Busted the front bumper and the brace that goes from a arm to a arm. No spares so my night was done mainly because it was 11:00 at night and i was the last one at the track. So this morning i looked into the tranny and found my toPshaft gear and the diff gear were starting to sharpen. What parts will i need to fix this and still be able to keep the velineon in. Thanks and sorry for the long message.
And i was running a 6 cell 5000 the whole night
Old 03-05-2012, 11:53 AM
egbasher

ORIGINAL: dtxandtrx

Hey guys just took my evader ext2 to my local track last night completey stock and could not make most of the jumps. So i took it in and put my slash 4x4 velineon motor and esc in. Running very careful for about 20 laps i took it in and put some jconcepts barcodes on in the rear. Much better for traction but i started running the truck harder and harder through the night. Worked great until i smashed into a metal box messing around where there was no track and just dust. Busted the front bumper and the brace that goes from a arm to a arm. No spares so my night was done mainly because it was 11:00 at night and i was the last one at the track. So this morning i looked into the tranny and found my toPshaft gear and the diff gear were starting to sharpen. What parts will i need to fix this and still be able to keep the velineon in. Thanks and sorry for the long message.
And i was running a 6 cell 5000 the whole night
Sounds like maybe you have one of the bad top gears that were around for a while. I went through 2 or 3 of 'em, then all of a sudden the problem stopped. I've run 30 or 40 2S lipos with no problem with a Castle 4600kV motor. Clean out the trans case really good to get rid of any small pieces of metal floating around, replace the top shaft and pack it liberally with a good grease. DTX ships the car with basically no grease in the tranny. Hopefully the new topshaft gear will not be made of inferior metal. As for the diff...not sure what to tell you. Is the idler gear OK? You can get a rebuild kit for the tranny case which includes the outer gear. http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...LXSXB1&P=ZGood luck.
Old 03-05-2012, 12:38 PM
dtxandtrx

Thanks for the information. What do you think will be the best bumper for the evader. Looking for a front and rear bumper or wheelie bar. Should be fun.
Old 03-05-2012, 01:15 PM
EXT2Rob

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The new Brushless Evader COMES with a really nice front bumper that you can get to replace the non-bumper on your old EXT.  They also have a new rear chassis plate that you can replace your old one with that has an extension for mounting a wheelie bar, also new and available for the BL and non-BL Evader.
Old 03-07-2012, 12:53 PM
egbasher

The new bumper on the brushless EXT is sweet. Looks good and tough and mounts perfectly. I have one. Love it. If the new rear one is as good it's worth the money.
ORIGINAL: dtxandtrx

Thanks for the information. What do you think will be the best bumper for the evader. Looking for a front and rear bumper or wheelie bar. Should be fun.
Old 03-11-2012, 04:20 PM
dtxandtrx

Well, had a good day of bashing with the evader up until it broke today. Stripped the topshaft gear and have an extra. But i have to idea how to get the gear off. Any help would be greatly appreacated.
Old 03-11-2012, 04:59 PM
rclugnut10

pull off the spur and slipper arrangement, around the slipper pin you'll find a ring that you can just pull off, then you'll have to get a pair of needle nose pliers on the pin, you'll want to off set them, with one part on the pin, the other half of the jaws on the shaft, and then push down, then pull the rest of the pin out. then open up the diff case and it should just pop right out, feel free to post up pics if you get stuck

the lug
Old 03-12-2012, 01:21 PM
dtxandtrx

That ring is not coming off.
Old 03-12-2012, 01:42 PM
cumquat

twist it, there are 2 gaps to allow the pin to come out.
Old 03-12-2012, 03:56 PM
dtxandtrx

It still dosent want to come out. I think it might have fused to the palastic case from the hight speed.
Old 03-12-2012, 04:01 PM
rclugnut10

so you can't get to the cross pin? that is pretty unfortunate

the lug
Old 03-12-2012, 07:13 PM
dudeinmyrtlebeach

hello!

I'm new to RC trucks (I'm a heli guy), and just picked up a brushless evader (box damage from the scratch n dent) with a coupon from TH. Sweet deal at about $180. It's brand new, just like they said with the plastic window torn out of the box.

I ran to 5000mah 2s packs through it, and man is this thing fun! It can really take a beating too as I let my daughter run the heck out of it. She hit a tree, the house, her SUV, and flipped it over a curb about 20' into our driveway. Other than a little body rash, and a tire that came unglued from the rim, she's great! The tire came unguled from ballooning really bad. Is there a way to minimize this?

This is my second land vehicle. My first was a HK 4wd brushless buggy, and while that thing is screaming fast, one hit and it's down. I broke 2 shock towers in 2 crashes on that thing. The first break happened when I ran into my granddaughters barbie dollhouse - and it's made of cardboard, lol.

I've seen some recommendations for spares for the DT but not so much for the brushless evader. Anyone have recommendations? Recommended tires that are higher quality? I'd pick some myself, but being new to this I'd hate to spend a chunk of cash on tires that won't fit.

Thanks in advance for any advice!
Old 03-12-2012, 07:20 PM
rclugnut10

it depends on what you're running on it's easiest to get some new rims to go with them, i'm not sure how soft the new rims on the BL are but in the past evader rims have been rather brittle, i run proline rims for the T4 and they work great. again tires are dependant on what you run, check out proline they're my usual go to for tires

the lug
Old 03-13-2012, 02:33 AM
cumquat

these rims will fit, i just confirmed http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXM875&P=7 and i happen to like these tires http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXDU11&P=SM they offer enough traction to wheelie on gravel with an ezrun 4000kv system (about half the power of the system that comes in the bl edition). if you want to go wild and get max ride height, get these http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXUM93&P=SM
Old 03-15-2012, 03:17 PM
cheech4

i see not much has changed in the world of TEC. Hello people of TEC 2 how are you. let me re introduce myself, my name is cheech, or cheech4 for here, lol. i am a proud and still owner my Evader ST Pro. its been in storage in my other home in florida, and i havent been to travel down there to bash much so i havent really commented much. just popping by to say hello. HELLO!
Old 03-15-2012, 03:20 PM
rclugnut10

hey cheech hows it been??? the big thing is the evader BL... i'd pick one up but i'm looking to get a new bike and i did a number on my ski's so RC's taking a back seat for now...

the lug
Old 03-15-2012, 04:50 PM
cheech4

ORIGINAL: rclugnut10

hey cheech hows it been??? the big thing is the evader BL... i'd pick one up but i'm looking to get a new bike and i did a number on my ski's so RC's taking a back seat for now...

the lug
hey lug I'm doing good actually, had some surgery done and thankfully it went well and I'm feeling better now. doing the same thing taking a step from RC so i put up my brand new E firestorm up for sale on eBay. but i want something just for kicks to mess around in my yard, so i am looking into mini. i kinda up in the air with 2, the associated mini rc18 t2 brushless rtr or the xray m18t rtr. the RC18 t2 seems like a steal at 199 or brushless and a 2.4ghz radio and the xray is not too far off at 250 but not brushless and no 2.4 ghz radio. but Ive always had a soft spot for xray when i raced back in the days with my t2's but those days are long gone and sold. like i said before i still have the evader i will never sell it, that beast is just dialed, handles like a dream better than my losi mf2 if you remember me having it. its my Florida basher and there's so much beach and parks in my area its just so much fun.
Old 03-15-2012, 05:27 PM
rclugnut10

glad to hear you're doing well, and i hear you about never selling the evader it's such a fun truck i'm gunna slowly upgrade it to bl specs and leave it there a mild bl system something around 3500kv, i have a storm as well that is a blast to mess around with tho i've been messing around with my savage 2350 and a sparrow hawk xt with the castle 4600 it's a rocket...

the lug
Old 03-16-2012, 07:21 AM
cheech4

I checked out the evader BL, and that would have been my dream truck back in the day. brushless and metal gear tranny, WHAT!!!!. insane. to bad im not as into it. but curious to know if the new metal tranny being with a diff if it would work on the evader pro? i would definitely do a swap for my silvader.
Old 03-16-2012, 07:29 AM
rclugnut10

nope you'd need the ext spec diff driveline pretty much the only thing thats the same from the tranny is the motor plate and even thats a little different... but they'll still bolt up.... so after parts and such and if you sell off the BL system for around $100 you'll pretty much end up getting a roller for $150 and the tranny parts would run you $70ish alone...

the lug
Old 03-18-2012, 11:08 AM
Crash7772

Another old TEC poster chiming in. Trying to find out the best way to make the ST trans stronger. I have been setting mine up for some speed runs but I can't keep an idle gear in it or tires on it. I'm still running the stock internals minus the old upgrades at the time from TEC Thread ( MIP Carbide Ball Diff Lube, Carbide Diff Balls, Carbide Thrust Balls). Other mods are Mamba Max 5700 and Gens Ace 2s/3s. I kinda heard the BL complete trans will bolt up to the ST but haven't seen any for sale. I thought about just trying the metal idler but just wonder if the will cause something else to break. Probably gonna look into some Jaco foams as well as it seems not much else will with stand these speeds with ST trucks.

This is a video of what I'm in competition with, my buddies belted tire blowing at 80mph....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7QKohoHD88
Old 03-18-2012, 07:18 PM
rclugnut10

the evader BL tranny will just drop right in, you'll also need the ext spec CVD's

or the ext steel idler is also a good choice

the lug
Old 03-19-2012, 02:04 PM
Crash7772

ORIGINAL: rclugnut10

the evader BL tranny will just drop right in, you'll also need the ext spec CVD's

or the ext steel idler is also a good choice

the lug
Might just try the metal idle gear first as that is the weak link right now. You have any experience with foam tires on the Evader? I know Jaco makes some but also noticed they have some newer models out now with different compound ratings. I tried contacting them direct but no luck.
Old 03-20-2012, 04:50 AM
dtxandtrx

I run t4 wheels and tires on my evader made by losi,team associated, and jconcepts. Run any tire with any foam that will fit on the rim. Works great i love it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.