Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 13 of 88 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: The Evader Coalition ~ T.E.C. Part 2.

nah, it wont do any harm.
    HELP! IM STUCK ON AN ESCALATOR!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

testing 1...2...3..
    If it works, take it apart, and find out why.

Evader ST | TL-01 MT | SCX10 G6 | Micro BL SCT | Pulse XT 25e | Black 10 | Radian | Alias | MCX2

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

tessting 1..2...3... (again)

Evader ST | TL-01 MT | SCX10 G6 | Micro BL SCT | Pulse XT 25e | Black 10 | Radian | Alias | MCX2

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks. I'll shorten those screws though so they don't make a bigger holes. Hey, could you tell me how to post a picture like on the side of my post?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Never mind, I figured it out.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

click on your username, this will open your profile. on the right hand side of that page you will find a link that reads "edit forum profile", click it. scroll down until you find "my avatar". now, find a pic that you want to use. they have to be fairly small (85x85) so re-sizing may be needed. just click the link in the "my avatar" section and paste the link to it (pic must be online, not on your pc).

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

oh well, someone else is bound to ask eventually.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Will the Evader DT front body mount fit on the Evader ST Front Shock Tower. Because I want to but a DT body on my Evader.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

you can make anything fit if you try hard enough.

just looked up the part. looks like it has the same mounting pattern and it should, seeing as they have the same shock tower.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ok, Thanks. My Evader Gear cover is too small for a 26T pinion is there another gear cover that will allow for a bigger pinion?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

huh... never heard of that issue. personally, i ditched the covers. all the did was get in my way and if i stripped a spur, it was from bad mesh.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I could install a motor cooling fan and an ESC cooling fan should I choose a 30T pinion and a 75T spur. How fast would that combination go?

ORIGINAL: cumquat

ORIGINAL: JSS4

Which Robinson Racing spur should I choose for my Evader? I am after relative but controllable speed and I have an SV2 installed.
    having an sv2 tells us diddly about how fast it will go, we need the motor kv instead. if you just want a couple extra mph, 78T will give you an extra 4 (based of the specs of the BL edition).
    Runing a 4600Kv motor on a 6 cell NiMh, if that helps.

that it does. with a 78t spur and 20t pinion (stock), you'll be running 38mph. stock spur gives you 34mph. if you want some insane speed, get a 72t spur and 35t pinion if the motor doesnt cook (fairly possible due to this heatwave), you'll be doing over 70mph!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I could install a motor cooling fan and an ESC cooling fan should I choose a 30T pinion and a 75T spur. How fast would that combination go?
    60 or so. that'll be a tad tricky to control but should be pretty impressive for bystanders.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ok, But I don't really want to get dirt in the gears. Are you sure there isn't another way?

huh... never heard of that issue. personally, i ditched the covers. all the did was get in my way and if i stripped a spur, it was from bad mesh.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

well, you could make one but otherwise, i dont know of any other solution. you dont need to worry about dirt in the gears. none of my rc's have had gear covers for long. most didnt have one to begin with. i run on gravel, dirt, asphalt, grass and one spot with all of them plus sand and my gears are more or less unaffected.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

How many vehicles do you have. I only have one but want to get more. Jus wondering what everyone else has?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

in order, i've owned:
    duratrax evader ext (my first hobby grade)
    duratrax axis (8th scale nitro buggy)
    associated electronics rc10 goldpan (traded the engine from the axis)
    kyosho ultima (got it with the rc10; never ran)
    second ae rc10 gp (got it for $20 at the hobby shop)
    associated electronics rc12i (dont remember exactly how i got it, but i do remember it was my uncle's just like the other 3 and just like the kyosho, it never ran)
    traxxas nitro sport (was better than some seem to think but then again i'm not very rough with my rc's. it is the only rc i have actually broken though...)
    tamiya df02 gravel hound (first kit and technically first brushless rc)
    duratrax evader ext2 (2) (officially my first brushless rc. the system showed up first so i just had to put it in the df02. i bought 2 of these, one to run and one to tinker with)
    tamiya df02 plasma edge (bought this because i missed my first and remembered how much fun it was with brushless and dirt hawgs. i fried the motor because i got masher2k's, which weigh a half pound each)

unsure what my next will be. i've kind of lost interest in the hobby recently and money is getting tighter, so i have to decide which hobbies stay and which go. i get way more joy per dollar with guns ($20 and i'm shooting all day) and video games but i get more fun over all with rc... anyway, if i can save up the money, i will get either a kyosho madforce (nitro or electric? unsure), an axial (want them all), an ofna hyper 7 tq pro or an hpi mini trophy truck.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Wow! You have a lot of trucks. I want to get an ae rc10. I just want to run it around the house, take it over ramps, tight courses etc. Since you had one would you recommend one. And if so, would you get the 4x4 or the 2wd?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

mine were the originals, made in the 80's. not very similar to the new ones. they had a very strange gearbox, especially compared to today's buggies and st's. instead of the now-normal 3 gears with the diff being the bottom gear, these had 6 hears inside and an external diff. the spur gears used are the same type found on modern pan cars, with the diff balls in the spur. it had 2 top gears, 2 idlers and to bottom gears that were fastened to the drive cups.

the most i've had running at once was 2. i had to strip the radio and servo out of the ext to put in the axis. when i had enough with trying to get the axis running right, i gave it back and traded the engine for the first rc10 and the kyosho. the kyosho had another weird gearbox, with the idler outside the case. it was missing so it never ran. i took the evader gearbox and used it in the rc10 because i stripped all the idlers i had fr it and they were too much of a pain to replace. i got the second rc10 at a local hobby shop from the owners for $20. for one reason or another, i moved the gearbox to that one and more or less abandoned the first. i spent the winter making brass chassis with the parts from the second (lost and misplaced the first one).

after a few chassis', i got bored and... i dont remember what happened but anyway, i lost the parts. a month later i came into some money and wanted to give nitro another chance, so i bought the traxxas. i had enough for most any rc on the market, but i got a nitro sport. i dont want to talk about it. after that experence (in all honesty, it wasnt that bad. my bitterness towards traxxas isnt from personal experence, but rather the attitude of the average traxxas owner), i went 8 months without a running rc. it was now july 8th, 2010, 2 days before my birthday. i borrowed some money from my grandpa and ordered the first df02 along with a futaba 2pl 2.4gig that was on tower's scratch and dent for $77 and paid the extra money to get it delivered on my birthday (next day+Saturday delivery=$$).

ran that for a few months until it got too cold to be outside for more than 5 minutes. come febuary, my mom got her tax returns and gave me $1000 as an early 18th birthday present (my "an" i really mean "only"). that's how i got the 2 ext2's and the brushless system. in retrospect, i wish i had gotten a better system. i had the money, but i just had to have the dsi and $160 surround sound headphones. had fun with the evader for the entire summer. then the cool temps came and i wanted another df02 so when my mom got her tax returns this year, i got it.
    now you know my whole rc history, or at least the cliff notes.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks for sharing. I started by getting a big cheap rc camarofrom radio shack from my grandpa for christmas when I was 5 yrs old. I ran that up until 2008 when my friend stepped on it and broke the wheel. I was able to get a new one but it was $$. Then the same year, the gearbox split and gears fell all over. I couldn't figure out how to put it back together, so I figured I got enough use out of it and I just junked it. But back in 2007 I got a Tamiya copy 4x4 for my birthday. That was pretty nice. I loved that truck. It ran fast and powerful. Did 35mph. But then some parts broke and I sorta lost interest in it. But in 2009, my Dad bought an Evader St off of craigslist. It was in sad condition. (Servo ruined, worn tires, bad battery, no body, needed adjustments,etc.) So dad and I bought a couple metal servos and some new tires and rims. Got a body off ebay, and adjusted it like the instruction manuel said to. I went threw 6 brushed motors with that thing. Then I once again lost interest. So here in January of 2012, I decide to make this my official hobby. So I upgraded my Evader with metal gears, big pinions, 3S brushless motor and esc, bumpers and wheelie bar, and change the whole drive terrain. Now it's ready but I just have to get a 3S lipo battery and charger.My mom is against it and wants me to get another hobby because she thinks it's too expensive. Well, I don't know. I plan to stay with it.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i think i figured out your problem. you're using the stock spur, arent you? just get a smaller spur. it'll do the same thing as increasing the pinion size and allow bigger pinions.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Oh, good idea. I looked at the Robinson Racing ones. It looks like they have 2 holes that would work. Do you know if they will?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i cant get over how old you make me feel, and i only turn 19 tomorrow. you were probably getting potty trained when the twin towers were hit, i was in 3rd grade filling out my daily planner. when you were starting kindergarten, i was in middle school beating the snot out of the class bully (you pick on me, i break you). just weird...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: BurningEvader1458

Oh, good idea. I looked at the Robinson Racing ones. It looks like they have 2 holes that would work. Do you know if they will?
    yep, that;s what i run/ran. the "stealth pro" spurs are designed for being mounted by screws and are also slightly lighter than some others out there.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yeah, that sounds about right. I can't wait till I'm 19. I'll be able to move away, have a house and a huge garage with rc cars all over, big flatscreen, a/c and furnace. Then I'd have an outdoor dirt track in my backyard. It'd be great!

Page 13 of 88 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast