Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 14 of 84 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: The Evader Coalition ~ T.E.C. Part 2.

I found a pro stealth spur 75T 48P on Ebay:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Robinson-Rac...item53ebad925d
    Do you think it'll work? I also want to be able to put like a 32T pinion. If I don't have the gear cover thats ok.
    If it works, take it apart and find out why.

Evader ST | TL-01 MT | Micro BL SCT | Radian | Alias | MCX2

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

it should. if you want to know how fast it'll go, check this out http://scriptasylum.com/rc_speed/top_speed.html the diff ratio should be 2.6; trans and additional are 1 and stock tires are 4". when you go for new tires, proline dirt hawgs are pretty good.

i still live at home, but i do have the space for a track out back (far too lazy to build it though), a 22" tv in my room (not much room for any bigger) and a shop full of rc paraphernalia.
    HELP! IM STUCK ON AN ESCALATOR!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

How do I figure out the Motor resistance? And where do I measure the amp draw (From the battery to esc connection or the esc to motor connection) and do I measure these with full throttle or no throttle or what?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i just ignore that stuff, it's affect on speed is negligible and the power rating is more or less useless, at least in my use. amp draw is for the motor, it is usually listed by the manufacturer. you can get a reasonably accurate estimate by doing a bit of math. first, that battery. take the capacity and multiply it by the C rating. nickel is usually 10C. now run through a full pack like you normally do and make sure to time the run. now take the number you got from the battery and divide it by the runtime in minutes. that will give you an approximate wattage for the motor. watts=volts*amps, volts=watts/amps and amps=watts/volts. i have no idea how to check resistance.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: BurningEvader1458

Thanks for sharing. I started by getting a big cheap rc camarofrom radio shack from my grandpa for christmas when I was 5 yrs old. I ran that up until 2008 when my friend stepped on it and broke the wheel. I was able to get a new one but it was $$. Then the same year, the gearbox split and gears fell all over. I couldn't figure out how to put it back together, so I figured I got enough use out of it and I just junked it. But back in 2007 I got a Tamiya copy 4x4 for my birthday. That was pretty nice. I loved that truck. It ran fast and powerful. Did 35mph. But then some parts broke and I sorta lost interest in it. But in 2009, my Dad bought an Evader St off of craigslist. It was in sad condition. (Servo ruined, worn tires, bad battery, no body, needed adjustments,etc.) So dad and I bought a couple metal servos and some new tires and rims. Got a body off ebay, and adjusted it like the instruction manuel said to. I went threw 6 brushed motors with that thing. Then I once again lost interest. So here in January of 2012, I decide to make this my official hobby. So I upgraded my Evader with metal gears, big pinions, 3S brushless motor and esc, bumpers and wheelie bar, and change the whole drive terrain. Now it's ready but I just have to get a 3S lipo battery and charger. I'm only 12, and if your wondering how I afford this, I have a job doing yard work for my neighbor. Made almost a grand at this job. But my mom is against it and wants me to get another hobby because she thinks it's too expensive. Well, I don't know. I plan to stay with it.
    WOW!! That's my life story! I'm 16 and I started at 5 with a Radio Shack Z8 from my Grandmother and my mom says exactly the same thing! I also used to do yard work until we moved.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

my mom never gripes about my rc, but she always complains when i go to buy ammo (partly because i need her to go with as i dont have a drivers license and you need one to buy ammo). you wanna talk expensive? some bullets will run in access of $20 a piece! some other notably cheaper calibers still set you back $50 to load a magazine. i shoot the cheapest caliber out there, .22lr, and i still can go through $40 worth in a day quite easily. now, suggest you pick up shooting and see how excepting of rc they become

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ok, so what about nitros? Are they fast? Are they compicated? Are they easy upgrades? And what I've heard about a lot is, Are they easy to start? I'm thinking maybe I'd like to get a nitro but thought you guys could give me a reveiw. Just trying to gain more knowledge.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

they are just as complicated and expensive as electrics but in very different ways. tuning is rather simple once you know what exactly needs adjusting and when. before the traxxas X-O1, the fastest rtr was a nitro. and the X-O1 only beats that chassis by 10mph, and the nitro is half the cost before accessories (the traxxas needs 6s and an apple device, the nitro needs fuel and the other stuff any nitro needs). the average nitro rtr will do about 40mph, which is fast enough for general bashing. there isnt much upgrading needed. there is a reason so many convert nitro to electric, because they are stronger. all aluminum chassis', all metal (usually steel with aluminum bits for weight conservation) drivetrains and bigger shocks.

starting... it is as fickle as many say. one day it runs like a champ; the next, even if the conditions are identical, it wont even attempt to start. luckily, you will have more good days than bad and when the bad days hit, you still have the evader.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Do you guys have any opinion on the brushless evader? like performance, durability, and overall liking?
    -Aerodynamics and turbos are for people who can't build motors.

Ofna LX2e-4s
    Axial SCX10 Jeep
    T-Maxx 2.5

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I don't own an Evader Brushless but have an ST that is so upgraded that it practically is an Evader Brushless. They are awesome. I'd like to have an Evader Brushless but after I upgraded my ST, I don't need one. If you have a 2S lipo battery, it'll be awesome, if it has 3S, it'll be hard to beat. I totally recommend an Evader Brushless. But if your looking to have a car to work on and do multiple upgrades. Then I suggest the ST or EXT. The Brushless is like the top of the line for Evaders.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Happy Late 19th Birthday Cumquat!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ok, I just accidentally upgraded to a "Non Commercial Market Member". I don't want that. How do I change back to a "Basic Member"?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I recommend the brushless version over the original, because the brushless version has many transmission-related upgrades over the normal ext 2 and st.
    Gws Slow Stick Brushless

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey guys a New here to the forum. I have a question about the evader diffs heres what Ihave going on.I picked up for my youngest son a used Evader St a few weeks ago. When I move the right rear wheel forward the left rear wheel moves forward as well. Now my oldest son has an Evader BX I just picked up for him and when I do the same thing to his right wheel the left wheel moves in the opposite direction. Which of these are correct?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I believe you may have a tight diff... You should be able to loosen it with a hex driver through the left diff outdrive (if you look at the truck from the front.) The bx is working properly...
    Gws Slow Stick Brushless

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Great I'll check it out. Thanks!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

well when I loosen the diff (I did it a little at a time) it's either both wheels are going the same direction or the other wheel will not turn when I turn one wheel. So is it time to rebuild or replace the diff?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The Evader ST diff is a force diff. It has no internal gears. It has ball bearings that are compressed, and the tighter you tighten the diff screw, the more the bearings are compressed. So to tell how tight your diff needs to You have to grab your spur and don't let it move while you turn one wheel. The other wheel should turn in the opposite direction. Don't make it too loose or it'll slip. In the manual it says how many turns out it should be. So I don't have the manual on hand, it's at home. But I believe you tighten the screw all the way tight (Not too tight or the plastic diff gear will break), then loosen it 1/8". That shoudn't be too tight or too loose.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks[/b]BurningEvader1458 I'll give that a try. You're right about the set up. I down loaded the manual.[/b]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I did what the manual says and when I hold the spur gear and turn the wheel the other wheel doesn't move. Would this mean the diff is bad

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Too loose...
    Gws Slow Stick Brushless

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have it torked down as tight as it will go.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

So when its as tight as it will go, with the spur held, turning one wheel the other does not move??? Thats weird... Why not try to spin the spur for a minute and see if the wheels spin. This is to make sure you dont have a stripped gear...
    Gws Slow Stick Brushless

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

If you have the ball diff then the balls might be rusty if not properly greased. Thats what happened to me because my whole tranny was dry as a bone.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Just checked....No stripped gears.

Page 14 of 84 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast