Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

The Evader Coalition ~ T.E.C. Part 2.

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2012, 07:33 AM
Harlow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Evader Coalition ~ T.E.C. Part 2.

hmmm I'll check that out what kind of grease should I use? I noticed on my other son's bx that here are no adjustments for the diff so with that be a diff from an ext/ebx? I noticed though it doesn't have the springs for the dog bones. Are those needed?
Old 07-14-2012, 10:39 AM
Link119
My Feedback: (1)

The dogbones need the springs... Some people have cut fuel tubing to replace the springs though...
The exb has a different diff that doesnt need adjustment. there are some costs that come with that diff though.
As for grease, keep the gears dry, plastic does not need lube. The diff rings do need grease though...
Old 07-14-2012, 10:50 AM
DieHarder

I think dtxandtrx right. You should take it apart (don't loose the ball bearings, only 3/32") and sand/buff the ball bearings and regrease the whole diff. Usually DTX doesn't put grease in anything, so it's probably bone dry in there. Don't get the diff gear it's self wet because it will get soft and break. You should also soak the outdrive ball bearing cages in gasoline or laquer thinner. Don't take the balls out of the cage, and clean all the dirt out.
Old 07-14-2012, 10:59 AM
Harlow

I guess I should put some in the bx because there isn't any in there. Yeah sounds like the st needs some surgery..lol Which is the better diff? Thanks for all the help guys!
Old 07-14-2012, 01:12 PM
mc4798
My Feedback: (8)

ORIGINAL: BurningEvader1458

Will the Evader DT front body mount fit on the Evader ST Front Shock Tower. Because I want to but a DT body on my Evader.

Yes drop on fit. Evader DT or Bug is just an Evader ext with buggy arms.

Old 07-14-2012, 02:49 PM
dtxandtrx

Thats what im talking about burningevader. Its not good for the gears themselfs to be full of greece but you dont want there to be alot of friction between the balls in the diff output shafts. Accually theres not supposed to be dry because if there dry it will create heat and can weld the balls with the output shafts. Trust me it has happened to me. You have to have greese around the balls and i even put some around the gears because it dosent seem to hurt anything.
Old 07-14-2012, 02:53 PM
dtxandtrx

ORIGINAL: Link119

The dogbones need the springs... Some people have cut fuel tubing to replace the springs though...
The exb has a different diff that doesnt need adjustment. there are some costs that come with that diff though.
As for grease, keep the gears dry, plastic does not need lube. The diff rings do need grease though...

You can also just cut some pen springs thats what i do. Works just as well.
Old 07-14-2012, 02:55 PM
Harlow

yeah thats what I did. I had some pickup spings in my guitar parts box and just cut them down and put them in.
Old 07-14-2012, 03:16 PM
dtxandtrx

My problem is i keep losing the springs. The rear ball ends pop out and leave stripped out holes in the hub carriers. I keep buying more hub carriers but my local hobbyshop is going to stop carrying durarax parts so i would like to resolve this problem. Any ideas would be greatly apreciated.
Old 07-14-2012, 03:35 PM
mc4798
My Feedback: (8)

ORIGINAL: dtxandtrx

My problem is i keep losing the springs. The rear ball ends pop out and leave stripped out holes in the hub carriers. I keep buying more hub carriers but my local hobbyshop is going to stop carrying durarax parts so i would like to resolve this problem. Any ideas would be greatly apreciated.
When you replace the hubs next time or before they strip out use (2)
PN DTXC6254 long ball studs along with (2) 3mm nuts. That will fix the issue of the ball stud pulling out and destroying your hubs.

Old 07-14-2012, 04:01 PM
dtxandtrx

Thanks. Ill have to try that the next time im ready to change hubs. For now im doing kind of a traxxas style with a the ball end replaced and i put a screw all the way through the hub carrier and have a bolt on the other side. Works for now but i do t expect it to hold up for very much longer.
Old 07-14-2012, 06:09 PM
DieHarder

What's your favorite...
Evader
Traxxas
Assossiated
Losi
My favorite is...
EXB
Summit
SC10
Night Crawler.

Old 07-14-2012, 06:19 PM
DieHarder

You could just put in Aluminum hubs. Metal threads don't strip easy. DTXC8071 Evader ST Aluminum Rear Hub Carriers (Blue)

Old 07-14-2012, 07:03 PM
Harlow

hey guys what are some good tools to use for the turnbuckles and ball cap ends? I see a lot of different ones online but don't want to waste money buying the wrong ones. I've been using pliers but that marks things up.
Old 07-14-2012, 07:08 PM
dtxandtrx

What's your favorite...
Evader
Traxxas
Assossiated
Losi
My favorite is...
St
BL E-Revo
Sc10 gt
Micro rock crawler
Old 07-14-2012, 07:11 PM
dtxandtrx

ORIGINAL: Harlow

hey guys what are some good tools to use for the turnbuckles and ball cap ends? I see a lot of different ones online but don't want to waste money buying the wrong ones. I've been using pliers but that marks things up.

I also use pliers. I just stick a piece of old t shirt on the turnbuckle.
Old 07-14-2012, 07:14 PM
dtxandtrx

ORIGINAL: BurningEvader1458

You could just put in Aluminum hubs. Metal threads don't strip easy. DTXC8071 Evader ST Aluminum Rear Hub Carriers (Blue)

I was really looking into that but everywhere i look its discontinued. Now Im looking into modding some rpm rustler hubs if they need any modding anyway.
Old 07-15-2012, 09:29 AM
DieHarder

ForBall Ends:
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...1126&search=Go
For Turnbuckles there is a special wrench andI have it, but it's not in theST manual. It came with the car when I bought it used. It's unmarked. I'll post a picture tonight. I might have an extra. To get the ball ends off, I just use a screw driver.

ORIGINAL: Harlow

I also use pliers. I just stick a piece of old t shirt on the turnbuckle.
Old 07-15-2012, 09:36 AM
Harlow

thanks for the link. I'll have to pick one up. I'm just trying to get all set up with things I'll need becasue my boys are driving the wheels off their Evaders! LOL! Hoping soon to score one for myself and join in the fun!
Old 07-16-2012, 06:40 AM
DieHarder

I'm looking for some aggressive tires and black spoked rims that will fit on an Evader Brushless. The Evader Brushless tires are not aggressive enough. Nor the DT.
Old 07-16-2012, 07:59 AM
cumquat

what terrain? gravel, dirt, grass, asphalt? these wheels should work http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXM875
Old 07-16-2012, 09:48 AM
DieHarder

All Terrain. I can find wheels fine. Just can't find a pair of tires that are aggressive enough on dirt. Do those wheels have the cross part on the back side where the axle pins fit?

Old 07-16-2012, 10:22 AM
cumquat

the wheels themselves have hexes, but each pair comes with 2 hex set for various brands and kits. i tested them and there is one that fits evader axles. i like proline dirt hawgs. they grip well on gravel (like, wheelie traction) and grass (from freshly mowed lawn to 3 and a half foot field grass), the dont wear out too quickly on asphalt and their name tells you how they take dirt.
Old 07-16-2012, 10:34 AM
DieHarder

I looked at the original dirt hawgs but the "Dirt Hawgs II"  Looks even better. I was also looking at the Proline Trencher. What do you think?
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXDU11&P=ML

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXZSV7&P=ML
Old 07-16-2012, 11:03 AM
DieHarder

It's simular to this one.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.