Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

The Evader Coalition ~ T.E.C. Part 2.

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2012, 06:15 PM
Crash7772

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Evader Coalition ~ T.E.C. Part 2.

Well I built my ST Pro gearbox with B2 Diff, EXT metal idler, and B4 slipper mod, added some weight to the front, installed Jaco foams front/rear. Thinking about testing it out with 2s tomorrow if it warms up enough then maybe 3s for the end of the week. Graphite gets brittle in the cold from my experience and with the weather in the mid to upper 40's for highs I don't want any high speed wrecks.

Old 11-19-2012, 07:20 PM
cumquat

ORIGINAL: EXT2Rob

What now? You wanna build a rally course on a TABLE??? I don't get it.....
didnt see this until now. yep, build the course on a that table in my room (yes, i have that much space) as a warmer alternative to running in the driveway during the winter (where i live, 6" of hard packed snow is considered a light dusting most years). that size allows for enough space to have fun without consuming my whole room (yes, my room is huge).
Old 11-21-2012, 11:34 AM
Crash7772

Well took the ST Pro out today on 2s, trans held up great but some other things didn't. The motor guard broke from lifting the front end to many times (didn't run the extra weight in the front with 2s) and from doing many multiple wheel stands (only went over once) I snapped a ball cup in the front end which I don't happen to have any spares that I can find right now. I would estimate it was running easily 40+ on 2s (calculated to go 54mph mathematically), I was gonna try to make a little video but guess that's not gonna happen.
Old 11-21-2012, 02:25 PM
DieHarder

Well, I'm now officially sick.[:'(] Gotta stomach ache, headache, and overall, not feeling nearly up to par. Guess I might not be at the thanksgiving table tomorrow. That's a MIGHT!
Old 11-21-2012, 08:38 PM
DieHarder

Well, strangely I'm feeling better. Infact, I feel great. I think it might just have been food poisoning or expired food. Thinking about it, the sliced ham I took from the fridge earlier at lunch to make my sandwich, was a few weeks old.That could be it....I bet that was it!I think I'm in the clear if I wake up tomorrow morning feeling great.
ORIGINAL: DieHard1207

Well, I'm now officially sick.[:'(] Gotta stomach ache, headache, and overall, not feeling nearly up to par. Guess I might not be at the thanksgiving table tomorrow. That's a MIGHT!
Old 11-22-2012, 08:40 AM
EXT2Rob
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: cumquat

didnt see this until now. yep, build the course on a that table in my room (yes, i have that much space) as a warmer alternative to running in the driveway during the winter (where i live, 6" of hard packed snow is considered a light dusting most years). that size allows for enough space to have fun without consuming my whole room (yes, my room is huge).
OKwe must have pictures........

Old 11-22-2012, 08:57 PM
DieHarder

definetly!!

OKwe must have pictures........

Old 11-23-2012, 09:52 PM
cumquat

i havent done it, it was just a plan. i might do it eventually but not in the foreseeable future (3 reasons; 1, my room is cluttered and it'll take time to clear it out; 2, it'll cost more money than i could put towards it for at least 6 months; 3, i kinda lost interest in owning something that small but cold weather is here and will bring back the desire). i could post a sketchup drawing of the table and track layout if anyone is really interested.
Old 11-25-2012, 11:31 AM
DieHarder

What'd everyone do Saturday?
Old 11-25-2012, 11:54 AM
EXT2Rob

Watching Formula 1 racing.  New F1 Circuit of the Americas in Austin, Tx.  Very cool track.  Got the last F1 race of the season DVR'ed.  Might watch that today.  Also watching Lucas Off-Road Racing Series.  great show.  I don't care much for TORQ. WAYYY too much "back story" BS stuff and not enough racing.  TORQ takes up a whole hour, and only shows you ONE race. LORS is an hour, but you get TWO races!

Got to try one of my new Gens Ace batts yesterday.....2s 40C.  I have been running 25-30C LiPos.  Going to 40C is a remarkable difference from 30C.  The new 40C feels like that first two minutes of a freshly charged battery, only it lasts a full 20 minutes!  Or maybe more....I lost another dog bone pin before I finished the charge.  40C REALLY made my little EZrun system come alive!  Wife says I have to wait for Xmas to play with the other one......  (Actually, she wanted to wrap them BOTH up, but I snarfed one before she got the wrapping paper out! )
Old 11-25-2012, 12:55 PM
cumquat

Watching Formula 1 racing. New F1 Circuit of the Americas in Austin, Tx. Very cool track. Got the last F1 race of the season DVR'ed. Might watch that today. Also watching Lucas Off-Road Racing Series. great show. I don't care much for TORQ. WAYYY too much ''back story'' BS stuff and not enough racing. TORQ takes up a whole hour, and only shows you ONE race. LORS is an hour, but you get TWO races!

Got to try one of my new Gens Ace batts yesterday.....2s 40C. I have been running 25-30C LiPos. Going to 40C is a remarkable difference from 30C. The new 40C feels like that first two minutes of a freshly charged battery, only it lasts a full 20 minutes! Or maybe more....I lost another dog bone pin before I finished the charge. 40C REALLY made my little EZrun system come alive! Wife says I have to wait for Xmas to play with the other one...... (Actually, she wanted to wrap them BOTH up, but I snarfed one before she got the wrapping paper out! )
tell her if you dont use both everyday they might blow up
Old 11-25-2012, 03:28 PM
EXT2Rob

BWAH HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!  
Old 11-25-2012, 03:37 PM
DieHarder

That's the kind of stuff I do!!!

Watching Formula 1 racing. New F1 Circuit of the Americas in Austin, Tx. Very cool track. Got the last F1 race of the season DVR'ed. Might watch that today. Also watching Lucas Off-Road Racing Series. great show. I don't care much for TORQ. WAYYY too much ''back story'' BS stuff and not enough racing. TORQ takes up a whole hour, and only shows you ONE race. LORS is an hour, but you get TWO races!

Got to try one of my new Gens Ace batts yesterday.....2s 40C. I have been running 25-30C LiPos. Going to 40C is a remarkable difference from 30C. The new 40C feels like that first two minutes of a freshly charged battery, only it lasts a full 20 minutes! Or maybe more....I lost another dog bone pin before I finished the charge. 40C REALLY made my little EZrun system come alive! Wife says I have to wait for Xmas to play with the other one...... (Actually, she wanted to wrap them BOTH up, but I snarfed one before she got the wrapping paper out!)
tell her if you dont use both everyday they might blow up
Old 11-25-2012, 10:41 PM
rclugnut10

just got towers cyber monday email... BL evaders are $200 plus a 5000mha 7 cell dtx pack... pretty good deal in my book pitty i don't have $200...

the lug
Old 11-26-2012, 04:18 AM
dtxandtrx

ORIGINAL: rclugnut10

just got towers cyber monday email... BL evaders are $200 plus a 5000mha 7 cell dtx pack... pretty good deal in my book pitty i don't have $200...

the lug

Got that e-mail too. Thinking about it. Probably not but its not a no.
Old 11-26-2012, 11:11 AM
egbasher

Man, that's a great deal. The ESC motor and combo go for about $130 and the battery is probably 40, so that means the rest of the car is only $30!!

the lug
Old 11-26-2012, 12:26 PM
EXT2Rob

but WHY are they including a NIMH pack instead of a LiPo?  That Castle-made ESC/motor is gonna suck the guts out of that battery and kill it.  Then again, maybe they've got a lot of NIMHs on their hands and they're trying to get rid of them?

$200 is a great deal for an entry-level 2wd basher, that, under LiPo power, can do 40mph outta the box.  All that's needed to keep it running are some stronger bevel gear pins in the diff. (And in the CV joints, if you have those)

Old 11-27-2012, 12:19 AM
egbasher

Wonder if they upgraded the whimpy servo?

but WHY are they including a NIMH pack instead of a LiPo? That Castle-made ESC/motor is gonna suck the guts out of that battery and kill it. Then again, maybe they've got a lot of NIMHs on their hands and they're trying to get rid of them?

$200 is a great deal for an entry-level 2wd basher, that, under LiPo power, can do 40mph outta the box. All that's needed to keep it running are some stronger bevel gear pins in the diff. (And in the CV joints, if you have those)

Old 11-27-2012, 07:56 AM
Oracus

My evader st has the B2 diff mod, 3000mah lipo, stock brushed motor, and running 20/96 gearing. Since installing the lipo I have went thru 2 sets of diff guts. The truck starts out fine for a day or so(30-45mins) but then the right rear wheel will spin by hand while holding the left wheel. The bolt in the right diff output is as tight as it can get. Any suggestions?
Old 11-27-2012, 08:04 AM
rclugnut10

Try replacing the spring. it may be shot...

edit: the diff spring that is, and make sure your thrust bearing is smooth, just assemble that half and pull on the screw while you turn it...
Old 11-27-2012, 05:01 PM
DieHarder

I say just rip it down, and reassemble it, with grease, look for anything unwanted, and reassemble it.

Old 11-29-2012, 03:25 PM
DieHarder

Sooooo,...what's everyone doing for the weekend? Grandma is having christmas on Saturday, and I will receive my Losi Micro Brushless SCT! I can't wait! I have a big cardboard track setup and it has three jumps, one wall ramp, and a couple of zig-zags....I just can't wait!!
Old 11-29-2012, 03:38 PM
rclugnut10

i have a fun and exciting weekend of studying and electric snowmobile stuff...

the lug
Old 11-29-2012, 05:38 PM
cumquat

i'll finally have some money so i'll be buying some bullets and have some fun in the back yard. had to pay a speeding ticket so i couldnt shoot this month[&o]
Old 11-29-2012, 05:51 PM
DieHarder

Electric Snowmobile stuff? Like RC snowmobile? Er what do ya mean?

i have a fun and exciting weekend of studying and electric snowmobile stuff...

the lug

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.