Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

The Evader Coalition ~ T.E.C. Part 2.

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2012, 03:26 PM
spooner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Evader Coalition ~ T.E.C. Part 2.

hello everybody. hey what other spur gear can i use on my BL evader? the one it has is back ordered. thanks all
Old 06-28-2012, 07:54 PM
dtxandtrx

I myself would love to know because with street tires and a 480kv on 3s i go through them like i do diffgears.
Old 06-29-2012, 12:00 AM
cumquat

direct, there isnt any but it shouldnt be too hard to use good old robinson spurs. the only issue is they dont have that raised hex to hold the slipper pad in place.
Old 06-29-2012, 10:32 AM
vic2367
My Feedback: (-1)

my brushless evader came with 2 differnt spuyr grears ,,
Old 07-03-2012, 06:50 PM
DieHarder

Is there a metal spur gear that fits on the Evader ST? I am upgrading to lipo (After I finally got a metal diff) and from what I here I'll be going through them like I do steering servos.

BurningEvader!!
Old 07-03-2012, 06:53 PM
DieHarder

I can get most of my parts from eBay. They also show up sooooo much faster!!!
ORIGINAL: spooner

hello everybody. hey what other spur gear can i use on my BL evader? the one it has is back ordered. thanks all
Old 07-03-2012, 06:59 PM
cumquat

ORIGINAL: BurningEvader1458

Is there a metal spur gear that fits on the Evader ST? I am upgrading to lipo (After I finally got a metal diff) and from what I here I'll be going through them like I do steering servos.

BurningEvader!!
"upgrading" to a steel spur will only put that stress further down the drivetrain. if you're still using duratrax spurs, stop and switch to robinson. duratrax spurs are notorious for being made off-center. otherwise,just make sure your slipper and gear mesh are set properly.
Old 07-03-2012, 07:09 PM
DieHarder

Cool, has anyone here had problems lately with the shims in the metal diff? The solution is the shims need to be 0.012" thick, 0.5" OD, and 0.2" ID. I got mine working great. Also, fill the spider gears full of grease and the gearbox. Run it a few laps and the diff will feel perfect.

BurningEvader!!!
ORIGINAL: cumquat

BurningEvader!!
"upgrading" to a steel spur will only put that stress further down the drivetrain. if you're still using duratrax spurs, stop and switch to robinson. duratrax spurs are notorious for being made off-center. otherwise,just make sure your slipper and gear mesh are set properly.
Old 07-04-2012, 07:52 PM
DieHarder

Hi, I'm new here. I have been running my evader and 4x4 since I was 5. In the last few years I've become interested in hopping up my car. I have quite a bit of experience in all parts of the evader. Just finished putting in metal diff. has anyone else had trouble with it because I might be able to help.
Old 07-04-2012, 08:03 PM
DieHarder

Evaders are the best. I hopped mine up. Just gotta save a up a little money to get lipo. I set mine up with a full metal tranny and high torque steering servo along with a 100A esc and 3500kv motor. also added a brushless evader body and front bumper. Then put a wheelie bar on the back and right now it's sitting around just waiting for some 3s power!!! I totally recomend an evader. otherwise the Losi and team assciated trucks are pretty nice too.
ORIGINAL: thehuntingterminator

I am getting tired of brushless wheelies and breaking parts all the time, so I kind of wanted something to put around with that would still be fun and hardly ever break. So, I found a couple Evader STs for around $50. I figured I could do a complete rebuild on it and it might be fun to put around with in the yard. My question is though, are they any good? I looked on ebay and there are plenty of parts out there for it and I've heard they're decent. Would it be something fun to restore and put a brushed motor into it and just put around with it? I just don't want something that's going to break down all the time...
Old 07-05-2012, 09:29 AM
dtxandtrx

Ive had my evader st for about nine years but it has been retired and replaced by a evader ext and a evader ext2. Thought through the evader ext and ext2 i still have my original evader st tranny with full metal gears. I also have a losi 4800kv motor that i run on 2s. Other than the tranny and tires my evaders are all stock. I would love to do some upgrades but i cant find any parts and all the alluminum parts on tower hobbies are out of stock. Any other sites that have aluminum upgrades for the evaders? Thanks for any replies.
Old 07-05-2012, 03:00 PM
DieHarder

I get most of my parts off eBay. I get sick of waiting for the parts to come in at local hobby shops. every time I ask when they'll be in I get the same replie. "Duratrax just isn't shipping" ughh!!! I can find lots of parts on eBay. Some people part out evaders and sell the parts on eBay. That's where I got my Evader rear chassis plate.
Old 07-05-2012, 06:33 PM
dtxandtrx

Ill have to try ebay. I usually dont but offline because i dont have a credit card. Do you know if you can use a debit card for ebay?
If you can ill have to try it out.
Old 07-05-2012, 07:11 PM
DieHarder

Is there a not so expensive ($30-$70) 3S Li-po charger? I don't quite have enough money to buy both a 3S battery and a nice charger.

Old 07-05-2012, 07:50 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Is there a not so expensive ($30-$70) 3S Li-po charger? I don't quite have enough money to buy both a 3S battery and a nice charger.

http://www.hobbypartz.com/thac6smbachw.html
it does up to 6S
Old 07-05-2012, 08:44 PM
cumquat

3s wont fit in the evader without mods or redneck fixes. 2s is the max as they are already a tight fit. besides, 2s is hard enough to control.
Old 07-05-2012, 09:41 PM
Keldar

New recruit here. I am now an owner of a BL Evader RTR. Should be delivered by the end of next week. Back in the early 90's I horsed around with a Losi JrT with a Rooster speed controller. Well the bug has bitten again. I spent the last week trying to convince myself to buy a Traxxas Bandit VXL. The whole 70+ mph thing had me infatuated. But I struggled with the 300+ price tag. Then, to go really fast I would have still needed a LiPO and charger.

Luckily (I think), cooler heads prevailed. I lowered my price point and decided going that fast on flat pavement was not the fun I would be looking for. So I was able to get the BL Evader, a 5000mah 2S LiPO, a decent charger, and charge cable....ALL for less than the cost of the Bandit VXL RTR alone.

Here's hoping I made the right choice.
Old 07-06-2012, 03:39 AM
JSS4

Which Robinson Racing spur should I choose for my Evader? I am after relative but controllable speed and I have an SV2 installed.
Old 07-06-2012, 04:40 AM
cumquat

ORIGINAL: JSS4

Which Robinson Racing spur should I choose for my Evader? I am after relative but controllable speed and I have an SV2 installed.
having an sv2 tells us diddly about how fast it will go, we need the motor kv instead. if you just want a couple extra mph, 78T will give you an extra 4 (based of the specs of the BL edition).
Old 07-06-2012, 06:57 AM
DieHarder

I have my evader with an evader brushless diff. And there aren't any redneck fixes. Everything fits right. Plus I have a few upgraded granite pieces.

3s wont fit in the evader without mods or redneck fixes. 2s is the max as they are already a tight fit. besides, 2s is hard enough to control.
Old 07-06-2012, 06:59 AM
DieHarder

...and a 3s Velenion system with a 3s compatible motor and 100amp esc.

I have my evader with an evader brushless diff. And there aren't any redneck fixes. Everything fits right. Plus I have a few upgraded granite pieces.

Old 07-07-2012, 03:37 AM
JSS4

having an sv2 tells us diddly about how fast it will go, we need the motor kv instead. if you just want a couple extra mph, 78T will give you an extra 4 (based of the specs of the BL edition).
Runing a 4600Kv motor on a 6 cell NiMh, if that helps.

Old 07-07-2012, 05:46 AM
DieHarder

Does the Evader DT body fit on an Evader ST?
Old 07-07-2012, 06:04 AM
cumquat

Runing a 4600Kv motor on a 6 cell NiMh, if that helps.

that it does. with a 78t spur and 20t pinion (stock), you'll be running 38mph. stock spur gives you 34mph. if you want some insane speed, get a 72t spur and 35t pinion if the motor doesnt cook (fairly possible due to this heatwave), you'll be doing over 70mph!
Old 07-07-2012, 07:54 AM
DieHarder

Ok Someone please help me here. A few months ago I bought a Traxxas Velenion 3S 3500kv brushless motor and esc. I put it in my evader ST and used it for a while. Then when I took out the motor to do a repair, I found that the motor guard screws were too long and were boring holes into the motor. The holes are about 1/32" deep. I thought about calling Traxxas (and tried) but their not open. Thought maybe you guys could help. So my question is, "Will it effect the performance?"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.