Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

The Evader Coalition ~ T.E.C. Part 2.

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2012, 09:13 PM
rclugnut10
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Evader Coalition ~ T.E.C. Part 2.

ORIGINAL: cummins driver

ORIGINAL: rclugnut10

which i will state for what feels like the 5th time, doesn't have the same transmission as the EXT or evader brushless...

the lug
Im not sure if this was aimed at me, but you CAN swap the brushless gearbox in, its just gonna cost quite a bit more because you need the gearbox and extra parts. However, it all depends on what reliability is worth to the person buying it.
yeahh thats a given, and for someone who's not looking to drop $70 in parts... the B2 mod is solid...

the lug
Old 01-16-2012, 09:20 PM
cummins driver
My Feedback: (31)

which i will state for what feels like the 5th time, doesn't have the same transmission as the EXT or evader brushless...

the lug
Im not sure if this was aimed at me, but you CAN swap the brushless gearbox in, its just gonna cost quite a bit more because you need the gearbox and extra parts. However, it all depends on what reliability is worth to the person buying it.
yeahh thats a given, and for someone who's not looking to drop $70 in parts... the B2 mod is solid...

the lug
I dont really think the bl gearbox upgrade will cost $70 since you can get the whole gearbox for $30 or less. Shouldnt be but another $10-15 in parts and wont have to do any rigging to make it work.

Old 01-16-2012, 09:23 PM
rclugnut10

the lug

the lug
I dont really think the bl gearbox upgrade will cost $70 since you can get the whole gearbox for $30 or less. Shouldnt be but another $10-15 in parts and wont have to do any rigging to make it work.

where are you seeing it for $30? don't forget the axels aren't compatable either.... thats $17 for those as well...

the lug
Old 01-16-2012, 10:41 PM
dms888
My Feedback: (2)

Does anyone have the duratrax sprint esc that come out of there ext? I know a lot of people went brushless and i already used mine and need another for a project of mine. If you would like to sell it shoot me a email. [email protected]
thanks, matt
Old 01-17-2012, 06:36 AM
philbullet

the lug

Also, the gearbox at tower isnt in stock yet...
i know there 's none in stock that sucks,but i did manage to take it apart and it is a ST model, i did see soom plastic melted and 1 small ball missing of washer,i tighten up allen screw and its working now but still slipping,so maybe he can finish it off,LOL. I may try a rebuild kit. thanks for the help guys.
Old 01-17-2012, 10:34 AM
Breakstuff

dms88, i am selling my Sprint ESC and motor combo on ebay. Brand new. user name is paulsabo99. 5 hours left.

Also, got to take my new EXT2 out for first run at lunch. 3900kv on 2S. WOW... Thing flies. Love it.  Super happy we now have metal diffs... Truck handles like a dream too. The wide stance and low clearance. My 4x4 pede doesnt handle well onroad.
Old 01-18-2012, 07:58 AM
EXT2Rob

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Breakstuff

dms88, i am selling my Sprint ESC and motor combo on ebay. Brand new. user name is paulsabo99. 5 hours left.

Also, got to take my new EXT2 out for first run at lunch. 3900kv on 2S. WOW... Thing flies. Love it. Super happy we now have metal diffs... Truck handles like a dream too. The wide stance and low clearance. My 4x4 pede doesnt handle well onroad.
Imade a deal with dms88. Does anyone have any interest in a Tower Hobbies charger? Ialso have a couple Tactic TX/RXs I'd like to sell.....

Glad you're liking your Brushless Evader, Breakstuff! Do yourself a favor tho, and get some TrakPower Gear Grease and coat all your tranny gears (after cleaning them).
The grease DTX puts in there, if they put any in at all, is about useless. TracPower will protect your gears better than anything Ihave tried.

Old 01-18-2012, 08:43 AM
Breakstuff

Yeah. I always rebuild my diffs with better grease. I use some at the shop on our our trucks i like. Its an associated grease. But hasnt failed me yet. Even have put it in a E-revo brushless, and holds up well. I will check that stuff out though. Thanks
Old 01-18-2012, 09:18 AM
EXT2Rob

Well guys, it's been two weeks and a couple really good race days, where the car really gets pounded, and no problems with the new metal diff or the old top gear & idler!  I dunno what JRockZ did to "melt" his idler, but EGBasher & I really suspect that whoever makes these gears for DTX has lousy QC and cannot consistently alloy the metals properly, and we occasionally get crappy gears that strip.  As I have stated before, when we started out with the STOCK car, i.e. Photon Speed2 brushed motor, we went thru quite a few top gears. But eventually, even tho we'd upgraded to brushless, no more stripped top gears!  NEVER have we stripped an idler.  The only thing we had trouble with after that was the plastic diff gear.
I think the frustration we've had with this platform is getting ALL the tranny parts that are GOOD metal, all at the same time!  I really feel like my car is as bullet-proof as it's going to get now, and providing the spyder gears in the new metal diff are of good quality, I shouldn't have any more problems.

We also found out, and proved to ourselves, that having a stiff chassis, like the graphite one I still have, is NOT a good thing to have on a bumpy course.  I really liked the way my wife's Evader runs better than mine!  The difference? She has a plastic chassis.  Indeed, RC Car Action magazine just published an article on chassis tuning, and said that exact thing.  A stiff chassis is good on a smoooth track and is more sensitive to setup changes than a plastic one, which is more "forgiving".  When the rains finally get here, I think I'll be rebuilding my car with a plastic chassis.

Rob
Old 01-18-2012, 10:38 PM
cumquat

it just occurred to me, hobbyco becomes the US dealer for thunder tiger, the owner of AE, and duratrax releases a new evader with the AE slipper. makes me wonder, will the evader get yet another revamp utilizing more AE derived parts, particularly the trans? only time will tell but i'm betting if they do, it will be announced at ihobby this year.
Old 01-20-2012, 09:07 AM
JRockZ

Sheesh!! I been watching evaders on sleebay for the last few months, ive seen some rollers go for as much as 70 bucks and stock RTR's going for 75-100+  i have both my evaders listed and only 6 watching so far in like 4 days,,, not a single bid!! Sleebay sux bad these days but dang!! Come on guys i know a few of you want/need these lol
http://www.ebay.com/itm/150738628344...84.m1586.l2649
Not meaning to spam my ad but i guess i am and i need to lol

Old 01-20-2012, 10:46 AM
cumquat

you should stop, it is against the rules here. i'm not reporting you but someone else may.
Old 01-20-2012, 10:50 AM
JRockZ

Yes i figured that howevere i also figured posting them in the classified may not find the folks that AREinterested in the Evader,, I wont do it again!!
Thinking of just pulling the sleebay ad and keeping them, i guess it depends if i can come up with a few bucks to go back to brushless on the RTR one or not.
Sorry guys.
Old 01-20-2012, 11:49 AM
cumquat

most of the people here are aware of the issues the chassis has, so we dont want um! if i thought i could get any money for it, i'd post mine on craigslist. if your lhs does consignment, you might want to consider that.
Old 01-23-2012, 08:11 AM
EXT2Rob

Hey guys,
Iopened my tranny this weekend, since it was raining (YAY!), to inspect the gears. No wear, no damage. Idid a little cleaning, added a little more TrakPower grease, and closed it up. The piano-wire CV pins and drive pins are holding up just fine. I LLLLLIKEIT!!!
Old 01-23-2012, 06:55 PM
NoTraxxisRustler

So was this with all the new BL diff hardware?

ORIGINAL: EXT2Rob

Hey guys,
Iopened my tranny this weekend, since it was raining (YAY!), to inspect the gears. No wear, no damage. Idid a little cleaning, added a little more TrakPower grease, and closed it up. The piano-wire CV pins and drive pins are holding up just fine. I LLLLLIKEIT!!!
Old 01-24-2012, 12:20 PM
walterg7

I have had a few R/C cars all of the Duratrax variety. Maximum ST, Original Evader and most recently the new Evader Brushless. I have to say this is the first brushless R/C that i have owned or seen in person, and man this thing is fast.
I ordered the car online and when i recieved the car took it out the box, charged a LIPO battery and clocked it at 43.5mph. Pretty fast right out of the box if you ask me.
I did a little reading and didn't see any other reports on the Evader Brushless on here. I was wondering if anyone else has one as well, and the top speed you reached?
Old 01-24-2012, 01:48 PM
cumquat

all it is is the ext2 with a new diff, slipper and electronics. you may find that after 20 packs, the idler gear has worn out. other than that, the only other point of complaint is the spring pins. swap them with solid wire of some sort and you're good to go.
Old 01-25-2012, 05:39 PM
NoTraxxisRustler

Had forgotten that hobbico owned AE. I thought that slipper looked pretty AEish. I figured they had patents on stuff like that. Duratrax probably came to the party late with that crappy slipper that they used to use.

But if Hobbico owns AE and DTX then they can use whatever they want out of the AEinventory.

As far as tranny gears,the AE plastic seems to thrive in a brushless envt,at least for what they put in the RC01's (3300kv motors)

Shoot maybe they'll build Evaders that can use some of the cool aftermarket stuff that they sell for RC10's

ORIGINAL: cumquat

it just occurred to me, hobbyco becomes the US dealer for thunder tiger, the owner of AE, and duratrax releases a new evader with the AE slipper. makes me wonder, will the evader get yet another revamp utilizing more AE derived parts, particularly the trans? only time will tell but i'm betting if they do, it will be announced at ihobby this year.
Old 01-26-2012, 11:34 AM
EXT2Rob

ORIGINAL: NoTraxxisRustler

Hey guys,
<style type="text/css">v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}.shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}</style><xml><officedocumentsettings><o:allowpng></o:allowpng></officedocumentsettings></xml><xml><w:worddocument><w:view></w:view><w:zoom></w:zoom><w:trackmoves></w:trackmoves><w:trackformatting></w:trackformatting><wunctuationkerning></wunctuationkerning><w:validateagainstschemas></w:validateagainstschemas><w:saveifxmlinvalid></w:saveifxmlinvalid><w:ignoremixedcontent></w:ignoremixedcontent><w:alwaysshowplaceholdertext></w:alwaysshowplaceholdertext><w:donotpromoteqf></w:donotpromoteqf><w:lidthemeother></w:lidthemeother><w:lidthemeasian></w:lidthemeasian><w:lidthemecomplexscript></w:lidthemecomplexscript><w:compatibility><w:breakwrappedtables></w:breakwrappedtables><w:snaptogridincell></w:snaptogridincell><w:wraptextwithpunct></w:wraptextwithpunct><w:useasianbreakrules></w:useasianbreakrules><w:dontgrowautofit></w:dontgrowautofit><w:splitpgbreakandparamark></w:splitpgbreakandparamark><w:enableopentypekerning></w:enableopentypekerning><w:dontflipmirrorindents></w:dontflipmirrorindents><wverridetablestylehps></wverridetablestylehps></w:compatibility><m:mathpr><m:mathfont m:val="Cambria Math"></m:mathfont><m:brkbin m:val="before"></m:brkbin><m:brkbinsub m:val=""></m:brkbinsub><m:smallfrac m:val="off"></m:smallfrac><m:dispdef></m:dispdef><m:lmargin m:val="0"></m:lmargin><m:rmargin m:val="0"></m:rmargin><m:defjc m:val="centerGroup"></m:defjc><m:wrapindent m:val="1440"></m:wrapindent><m:intlim m:val="subSup"></m:intlim><m:narylim m:val="undOvr"></m:narylim></m:mathpr></w:worddocument></xml><xml><w:latentstyles latentstylecount="267" defpriority="99" defqformat="false" defsemihidden="true" defunhidewhenused="true" deflockedstate="false"><w:lsdexception name="Normal" qformat="true" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="0" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="heading 1" qformat="true" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="9" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="heading 2" qformat="true" priority="9" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="heading 3" qformat="true" priority="9" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="heading 4" qformat="true" priority="9" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="heading 5" qformat="true" priority="9" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="heading 6" qformat="true" priority="9" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="heading 7" qformat="true" priority="9" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="heading 8" qformat="true" priority="9" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="heading 9" qformat="true" priority="9" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="toc 1" priority="39" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="toc 2" priority="39" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="toc 3" priority="39" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="toc 4" priority="39" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="toc 5" priority="39" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="toc 6" priority="39" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="toc 7" priority="39" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="toc 8" priority="39" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="toc 9" priority="39" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="caption" qformat="true" priority="35" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Title" qformat="true" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="10" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Default Paragraph Font" priority="1" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Subtitle" qformat="true" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="11" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Strong" qformat="true" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="22" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Emphasis" qformat="true" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="20" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Table Grid" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="59" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Placeholder Text" unhidewhenused="false" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="No Spacing" qformat="true" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="1" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light Shading" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="60" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light List" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="61" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light Grid" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="62" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Shading 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="63" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Shading 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="64" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium List 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="65" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium List 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="66" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="67" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="68" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 3" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="69" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Dark List" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="70" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful Shading" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="71" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful List" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="72" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful Grid" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="73" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light Shading Accent 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="60" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light List Accent 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="61" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light Grid Accent 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="62" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="63" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="64" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium List 1 Accent 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="65" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Revision" unhidewhenused="false" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="List Paragraph" qformat="true" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="34" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Quote" qformat="true" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="29" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Intense Quote" qformat="true" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="30" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium List 2 Accent 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="66" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="67" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="68" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="69" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Dark List Accent 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="70" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful Shading Accent 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="71" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful List Accent 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="72" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful Grid Accent 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="73" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light Shading Accent 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="60" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light List Accent 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="61" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light Grid Accent 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="62" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="63" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="64" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium List 1 Accent 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="65" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium List 2 Accent 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="66" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="67" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="68" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="69" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Dark List Accent 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="70" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful Shading Accent 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="71" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful List Accent 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="72" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful Grid Accent 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="73" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light Shading Accent 3" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="60" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light List Accent 3" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="61" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light Grid Accent 3" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="62" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="63" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="64" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium List 1 Accent 3" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="65" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium List 2 Accent 3" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="66" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="67" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="68" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="69" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Dark List Accent 3" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="70" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful Shading Accent 3" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="71" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful List Accent 3" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="72" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful Grid Accent 3" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="73" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light Shading Accent 4" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="60" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light List Accent 4" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="61" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light Grid Accent 4" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="62" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="63" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="64" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium List 1 Accent 4" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="65" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium List 2 Accent 4" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="66" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="67" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="68" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="69" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Dark List Accent 4" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="70" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful Shading Accent 4" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="71" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful List Accent 4" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="72" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful Grid Accent 4" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="73" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light Shading Accent 5" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="60" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light List Accent 5" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="61" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light Grid Accent 5" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="62" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="63" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="64" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium List 1 Accent 5" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="65" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium List 2 Accent 5" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="66" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="67" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="68" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="69" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Dark List Accent 5" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="70" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful Shading Accent 5" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="71" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful List Accent 5" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="72" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful Grid Accent 5" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="73" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light Shading Accent 6" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="60" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light List Accent 6" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="61" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Light Grid Accent 6" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="62" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="63" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="64" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium List 1 Accent 6" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="65" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium List 2 Accent 6" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="66" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="67" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="68" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="69" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Dark List Accent 6" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="70" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful Shading Accent 6" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="71" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful List Accent 6" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="72" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Colorful Grid Accent 6" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="73" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Subtle Emphasis" qformat="true" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="19" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Intense Emphasis" qformat="true" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="21" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Subtle Reference" qformat="true" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="31" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Intense Reference" qformat="true" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="32" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Book Title" qformat="true" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="33" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="Bibliography" priority="37" locked="false"></w:lsdexception><w:lsdexception name="TOC Heading" qformat="true" priority="39" locked="false"></w:lsdexception></w:latentstyles></xml><style type="text/css"> Style Definitions */table.MsoNormalTable{mso-style-name:"Table Normal";mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;mso-style-noshow:yes;mso-style-priority:99;mso-style-parent:"";mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;mso-para-margin-top:0in;mso-para-margin-right:0in;mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt;mso-para-margin-left:0in;line-height:115%;mso-pagination:widow-orphan;font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri;mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin;mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri;mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman";mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;}</style>

The diff is the only “new” tranny part in my car. The idler gear is the original one. (I STILL can’t fathom how JrockZ toasted his idler) The Top Gear is the non-BL one, probably about the 3<sup>rd</sup> or 4<sup>th</sup> one that’s been in the car, but has been holding up very well. As I have stated before, when this car was new, I went thru several Top Gears, as did my buddy and my wife, running only the STOCK motor! Remember when we were all waiting for DTX to get some in stock last year? Why were they out of stock? Did they discover that they had a bad batch and were scrambling to get some new material out? That’s what EGbasher an I think. Whoever makes these gears for DTX don’t seem to know how to alloy metals consistently. Because since then, we’ve upgraded to Sidewinder and EZrun LiPo systems and none of us have had ANY issue with the top gear, only the plastic diff gear. Now that we have an all-metal diff, and are using a really good grease (TrakPower Gear Grease), no issues.

Now about those new Top Gears: Guess what? The New one won’t fit in the Old case! The new top gear is 3-4mm wider than the original. Oddly still, the new and old tranny cases have the same part number! So what the hey, DTX? EGbasher is emailing DTX about this, we’ll see if he gets an intelligent response……

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd90679.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	1719354  
Old 01-26-2012, 04:05 PM
NoTraxxisRustler

Glad you have a bullet proof tranny.

Dint get much help from DTX tho

ORIGINAL: NoTraxxisRustler

Hey guys,
<style type="text/css">v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}.shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}</style>

The diff is the only “new” tranny part in my car. The idler gear is the original one. (I STILL can’t fathom how JrockZ toasted his idler) The Top Gear is the non-BL one, probably about the 3<sup>rd</sup> or 4<sup>th</sup> one that’s been in the car, but has been holding up very well. As I have stated before, when this car was new, I went thru several Top Gears, as did my buddy and my wife, running only the STOCK motor! Remember when we were all waiting for DTX to get some in stock last year? Why were they out of stock? Did they discover that they had a bad batch and were scrambling to get some new material out? That’s what EGbasher an I think. Whoever makes these gears for DTX don’t seem to know how to alloy metals consistently. Because since then, we’ve upgraded to Sidewinder and EZrun LiPo systems and none of us have had ANY issue with the top gear, only the plastic diff gear. Now that we have an all-metal diff, and are using a really good grease (TrakPower Gear Grease), no issues.

Now about those new Top Gears: Guess what? The New one won’t fit in the Old case! The new top gear is 3-4mm wider than the original. Oddly still, the new and old tranny cases have the same part number! So what the hey, DTX? EGbasher is emailing DTX about this, we’ll see if he gets an intelligent response……

Old 01-28-2012, 08:50 AM
EXT2Rob

Yeah, I don't understand DTX's reluctance to be more helpful to its customers.  EGbasher sent them an email asking three questions. They answered the first one only.  C'mon DTX, if you want to build a following, you should be more friendly and helpful to your customers!  They ought to employ me as a customer service director.......I could use the money, and they could use the help.  Maybe I'll write their CEO.

Just in case y'all didn't see this, I posted a question about waterproofing my ESC, since EGbasher fried his by accidentally running his car thru a small puddle.  I got a reply from a guy who told me about a product called Liquid Tape and a link to a YouTube vid on how to do it.  You HAVE to see this!  It's dead easy, and cheap insurance.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_lQXDzS3pA

Old 01-28-2012, 10:34 AM
EXT2Rob

Here is what I posted to DuraTrax's Suggestion Box, the only way Icould find to contact them.
Dear DuraTrax/Hobbico,
I am 53 yrs old. I have two Evaders. Love them. Learned a lot about the hobby. I've made upgrades to the cars over the last year, converted to LiPo & brushless and I'm having a blast with them. BUT, whenever I've had questions, I get more, useful, information from message boards than I do from YOU guys! I don't know who is answering your emails for you, but they're bloody lazy, and obviously don't really care about your customers. Both my buddy & I have sent questions to you, usually several questions in one email, and the replies we get only answer the first question and ignore the rest. And the Answer is usually not helpful or very informative, much less friendly and concerned. Do you not know about building relationships and making your customers feeling appreciated for buying your products? Does anyone there ever peruse the message boards like at RC Universe? Did you know there is an "Evader Coalition" there where users share info on how to make the car better? And what it's weak points are? You could learn a lot! It seems like maybe you have, since you've come out with the Brushless Evader, and made some changes to the transmission. (Thank You for the all-metal diff!) But do you guys know that you apparently have a Quality Control issue with whoever makes your gears? When my car was stock, I was tearing up Top Gears. Now, even tho I've gone brushless, no Top Gear issues. But we were stripping the plastic diff gear. A metal diff solved that, but based on what I've experienced and read on the boards, I think whoever makes the gears doesn't know how to alloy metal consistently. And speaking of Top Gears, why is the new one 3mm wider than the old one? It doesn't fit in the old case, and the new case has the same part number as the old one! W.T.F? These are the kinds of questions we have, yet, no one there seems interested enough to answer them. That apparent attitude is rather off-putting to the RC community. In this economy, I would think you'd be a little more motivated to cultivate new customers and build relationships with current ones.
We'll see what kind, if any, response Iget, and if Ido, I'll post the reply. Screw the "do not post this email" admonision in their emails. Customers have a right to know!

Old 01-30-2012, 04:36 PM
NoTraxxisRustler

Good suggestion EXT2.

Perhaps if they would spend a little time focusing on the consumer and QC and less timeup with ways to make a snazzy "D" logo, there would be fewer disappointed people.

They are really dumb if they don't haveanyone looking at this board. There has been more R&D here than theyhave done on the evader.

Here is what I posted to DuraTrax's Suggestion Box, the only way Icould find to contact them.
Dear DuraTrax/Hobbico,
I am 53 yrs old. I have two Evaders. Love them. Learned a lot about the hobby. I've made upgrades to the cars over the last year, converted to LiPo & brushless and I'm having a blast with them. BUT, whenever I've had questions, I get more, useful, information from message boards than I do from YOU guys! I don't know who is answering your emails for you, but they're bloody lazy, and obviously don't really care about your customers. Both my buddy & I have sent questions to you, usually several questions in one email, and the replies we get only answer the first question and ignore the rest. And the Answer is usually not helpful or very informative, much less friendly and concerned. Do you not know about building relationships and making your customers feeling appreciated for buying your products? Does anyone there ever peruse the message boards like at RC Universe? Did you know there is an "Evader Coalition" there where users share info on how to make the car better? And what it's weak points are? You could learn a lot! It seems like maybe you have, since you've come out with the Brushless Evader, and made some changes to the transmission. (Thank You for the all-metal diff!) But do you guys know that you apparently have a Quality Control issue with whoever makes your gears? When my car was stock, I was tearing up Top Gears. Now, even tho I've gone brushless, no Top Gear issues. But we were stripping the plastic diff gear. A metal diff solved that, but based on what I've experienced and read on the boards, I think whoever makes the gears doesn't know how to alloy metal consistently. And speaking of Top Gears, why is the new one 3mm wider than the old one? It doesn't fit in the old case, and the new case has the same part number as the old one! W.T.F? These are the kinds of questions we have, yet, no one there seems interested enough to answer them. That apparent attitude is rather off-putting to the RC community. In this economy, I would think you'd be a little more motivated to cultivate new customers and build relationships with current ones.
We'll see what kind, if any, response Iget, and if Ido, I'll post the reply. Screw the "do not post this email" admonision in their emails. Customers have a right to know!

Old 01-30-2012, 04:48 PM
JRockZ

Agreed, Good email however they will probably only answer the first question again, who ever is answering the emails isnt going to let a boss or manager see what you said lol. Ive moved on, finally got my evader in good working condition and made a good trade for a redcat ( i know i know) caldera 10E brushless . thinking back to how many time si took apart my trans, rebuilt the shocks replaced the diff and spur gears im kinda glad its gone. I took my Evader for one last spin yesterday at the LHS and was jumping a wooden ramp about 2.5Ft high and getting 5-6ft air of it and i was finally having fun with it again but i couldnt resist trading the old beast with a brushed system in it for a new beast with a brushless system Heheehee.
Have fun guys!! Good luck with Dura-muck!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.