Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Official ECX Torment Thread

ORIGINAL: Uzi4u

I found that adding a sway bar makes a huge difference in cornering. I just threw the Slash swaybar kit on my Torment and it made a big difference. I'm running proline shocks on my Torment and they seem good for now.
    PM sent. I picked up a Torment for my 12yr old a couple days ago and its been on its roof twice already.

I'd love to throw at least a front sway on it but even though several people have done it, no one has posted a step by step type thing.

I'm sure I could make something work as well, but I'm just getting into the hobby myself so I'm not familiar enough with what's out there.

I'll get some pics of the front of the Toement to you guys by next Monday. I'm working from today until Sunday and Monday is my next day off. I'll get pics and the part number for the sway bar kit.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Awesome. I can almost see how the 2wd Traxass bar would work, but the front bumper assembly is just different enough to make me wonder.

I'm ok with either adding a hole or using one of the shock mount holes in the lower arms for the ends...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Bump. Suspense is killing me.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I put traxxas slash turnbuckles on the front (camber and toe) and jato links on the rear (camber)
    I added a fair bit of camber on the front and a couple degrees on the rear.

What a difference it makes. The truck turns in much sharper and with the rear camber is less likely to traction roll.

the added rear camber does mean that coming out of a corner its likely to spin the inside tire untill the suspension settles...but this actually makes it easy to drive out of the corner WOT.

Im still running stock tires. Even still, and while its more of a handful to drive, it can run toe-to-toe with my buddies Losi XXX. And the best part is its more durable than my other SCT's
    SC10rs, 1/6 hummer crawler, Kyosho Twin Force, Lunchbox project, Techone P51,

Ok, here are the pics.  What I did was remove the pin or screws from the from the front skid plate.  I replaced those with longer hex screws to hold the bottom front turn buckles.  I had some red integy tie rod ends that I attached to the front a arms.  The problem I ran into was the actual sway bar not being big enough.  I had to fabricate my sway bar out of a piece of steel rod(can be purchased at a home improvement store).  The rod should not be easy to bend.  The only other change I want to make are two braces from the front of the sway bar to the shock tower for more stability.  I came in fourth with this truck in the local championship race.

[img]webkit-fake-url://18C19710-2994-43E2-8F4A-28ED7F44F9D8/imagejpeg[/img]

[img]webkit-fake-url://C4F1AAA2-AC80-4F1C-B309-A1C6758E1712/imagejpeg[/img]

[img]webkit-fake-url://A3EF2856-D13B-4DC5-9E95-2ACF468A4E81/imagejpeg[/img]

[img]webkit-fake-url://E7340CC9-A4A7-448F-8E74-FFE7C49B8FD2/imagejpeg[/img]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

That helps a lot. Pics aren't working, but I've seen something like it.

There is a thread on ultimate rc (ok to mention other forum?) where someone did something very similar, but used an Assosciated sway bar kit, that fit very well, endlinks and bar size. Just had to fab up center mounts similar to yours.

I have a buddy that's a machinist, and I'm thinking I can have him fab up a rigid center mount that attaches using the screws for the top bumper support.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Anybody know good Adjustable turnbuckle camberlinks to use on the torment? Also, I've been browsing and havent seen anything really regarding tires. I recently purchased the Proline Badlands tires and I must say these things are beastly!! I highly recommend them!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Which VW body is that? That looks nice.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

got my ecx torment two weeks ago. Did some bashing and I love it. Stock wasn't good enough and now I have the upgrade bug. Installed dynamite fuze 3800kv brushless motor and esc along with 3s lipo battery and it screams. Now looking for suspension and handling upgrades. I think with a little ingenuity this truck could be a contender at any sc track.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ok so I upgraded to 3800kv dynamite fuze and esc combo along with 3s lipo and metal gears.I think my motor and esc is getting too hot.can I change the spur and pinion to help this and wich ones should I use with minimal fittment issues?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140112_195829.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	2.50 MB 
ID:	1957081The rock catcher. LOL! Every time, a random rock will land right here. Doesn't matter if you're just driving around or bashing. This is my Torment.... Traxxas driveshafts, Traxxas BB shocks with different springs, driveshaft boots (they're glued on the top and get a small ziptie on the bottom. I had to pull it apart, so it's missing one right now), metal turnbuckles, metal carrier hubs, Proline blockade tires, metal tranny gears, stock spur, 16T pinion, Trackstar 7330kv sensored brushless, 120A Trackstar esc, LCG chassis, Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140112_194924.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	2.23 MB 
ID:	1957086Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140112_194902.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	2.98 MB 
ID:	1957088Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140112_194911.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	2.55 MB 
ID:	1957089Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140112_195049.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	2.25 MB 
ID:	1957090Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140112_195107.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	2.49 MB 
ID:	1957091 running the Futaba 4PLS 4 channel radio. I run a cheapy $8 metal gear analog servo with a capacitor soldered in-line with the pos and neg of the servo. It brought that servo alive. It's the glitch buster mod except directly on the servo. Excuse the dirty chassis..... I bet you now just asked yourself..."what front bumper is that??" Well, I removed the front and rear bumpers. The back is still protected with the stock motor guard. The front bumper is a modified stock rear bumper that I cut down. It works great without the massive extrusion on a new body I am working on. Waiting for warm weather to paint. It's a narrowed chevy truck...resembles the Ruckus body. This bumper mod fits right inside the front bumper of the body and isn't seen and still protects the chassis. It also still fits the Torment body. I've bashed it several times in the front and rear and no damage done. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140112_195009.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	2.35 MB 
ID:	1957093Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140112_195020.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	2.32 MB 
ID:	1957094Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140112_205549.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	1.76 MB 
ID:	1957106 I run SC with this truck. Don't get to as much as I'd like, due to my schedule, but it's great to just tear up the streets and not flip over as often. I believe the weak points are now gone. Whatever breaks gets upgraded. LOL
    Last edited by ddepuy75; 01-12-2014 at 08:26 PM.

What's the rating of your esc? My TrackStar is only rated to 2s. Neither one of mine gets hot but does get warm. In my research, if your motor gets hot, you go with a smaller pinion. If your esc gets hot, your motor is drawing too much power because it's allowed to spin too freely. I don't know what guage wire you're set up has. Maybe try just running a 2s. Does your motor have a timing adjustment on it? Maybe back it off a couple degrees.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Need help! I keep stripping the metal transmission gears I'm running a castle brushless system on asphalt in my torment any pinion gear I should be using so I don't strip anymore metal transmissions?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Are your running the gears made for a brushless system? There's an optional diff.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by straitup2012 View Post
    Need help! I keep stripping the metal transmission gears I'm running a castle brushless system on asphalt in my torment any pinion gear I should be using so I don't strip anymore metal transmissions?
    What I normally recommend to people who are putting a Castle system in something like this is either to buy a Castle link adapter (usually between $20-25) and download the free program from Castle's website, or some hobby shops will alter the throttle curve for you for a small fee. It's an awesome program and one of the big reasons that I buy and recommend Castle. Basically what you can do is prevent the system from having so much torque at the bottom of the throttle range, which is what usually is detrimental to the drive train.
    - Hobby Shop Employee
    - ModelKits.com & RcTruckStop.com Staff Writer

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    I m running the what I think is just the upgraded metal transmission. I have castle program card so I'll try to get my comp up and running and try that thanks for input guys

Newbie here. I just bought a torment a month ago. Out of the blue my turning radius changed dramatically. I did some research and changed the servo saver and added a extra band to tighten it. That didn't help. I bought a traxxas servo. That help very little. Made sure the settings on the remote were correct. They were ok. Everything seems tight in the front end, I'm running stok settings in suspension. The car just doesn't want to turn. I'm lost , can anyone help me?

Double check the "D/R" knob on the transmitter. Turn it all the way to the right and see what happens.
    RDD Raceway Hobby Shop / Madera, CA
    Slot Cars - RC - Models - Toys

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567