Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Radioshack flashtron needs help

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2011, 04:59 PM
radcliff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radioshack flashtron needs help

Hey guys,

I got an old flashtron from radioshack, I was messin around with it to see how much weight it could hold, I had about three pounds or more on it, and now it won't go in reverse anymore, I recharged the batteries and it can still go forward and turn left and right, but it wont go in reverse anymore.
If anyone has any ideas of what it might be, or where to start lookin for a solution that'd be great. I'm kind of new to this stuff, so I'd be happy to check out some links that might help steer me in the right direction as well. Thanks guys.
Old 11-22-2011, 05:20 PM
Sunfirefoot
My Feedback: (30)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Radioshack flashtron needs help

The fellows in the "Toy Grade" forum would be able to answer this better but sounds like you over loaded the circut board.
Old 11-22-2011, 05:49 PM
radcliff

Thanks, I heard that from a few people that I might have overloaded the circuit, is there any thing I can do about it, or is it totally fried?
Old 11-22-2011, 05:54 PM
dragnse7en
Banned

Call Shadio Rack; I'm quite sure that they'll say the same thing - Throw it in the trash.

"sales guy" - I'll be happy to show you these cars! - What he doesn't say is that those will also be trash in 1 or 2 years.

You disgust me for posting this. Thanks for wasting my time, and everyone else who has read this. Don't you know that Radio Shack has the most negative parts support for RCs?

Wake Up.

Old 11-22-2011, 06:07 PM
Smiff 24

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Was any of the plastic broken on the chassis ?
When you try to go in reverse do you hear anything ? motor turning, grinding noise ?
Old 11-22-2011, 06:11 PM
dragnse7en
Banned

ORIGINAL: Smiff 24

Was any of the plastic broken on the chassis ?
When you try to go in reverse do you hear anything ? motor turning, grinding noise ?
No Offense, but are you an RC surgeon? WTH?

Dude, throw it in the trash. Throw it in the trash exactly b/c it came from Radio Shack.

Old 11-22-2011, 06:26 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

since you ran it with more weight, you most likely overheated something on the board which is not preventing it from reversing.

pretty much your only option at this point would be to throw the board away, put in a hobby grade ESC(speed control) and mod the chassis so you can use a standard steering servo(usually the hardest part of converting toy-grade to hobby-grade)
also, you will need a hobby grade 2ch radio.
Old 11-22-2011, 06:31 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

I love when I go in for a pack of resistors, and they keep bugging me to buy a cell phone saying if I switch I could save money every month. I ask how I can save more than $0 then they look confused, the kind of confused when I say I need a certain size of resistor cause they keep hounding me when I walk in, say they don't have it, and I have to tell them to get their worthless carcass out of my way so I can get what I came for that they are standing in front of. Side note I HATE radio shack sadly it used to be my favorite store when they actually carried parts
Old 11-22-2011, 06:34 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

i will certainly agree that radio shack is not what it once was.

i have no idea how the local one stays in business. cell phones, gps and a couple computer bits and tv's. thats about it. stuff you can get at any wallmart!

and the sales guys bug you to get a phone cause they get a bonus for every contract they sell.
Old 11-22-2011, 06:35 PM
dragnse7en
Banned

ORIGINAL: nitrosportsandrunner

i think im not the only one to take offense at your posts here. the others posting here are actually trying to HELP the guy!

And there is nothing wrong with modding, or messing around with toy grade rc's. done that a time or to myself.

Oh, and radioshack actually made some cool rc's back in the day.

to the OP...
since you ran it with more weight, you most likely overheated something on the board which is not preventing it from reversing.

pretty much your only option at this point would be to throw the board away, put in a hobby grade ESC(speed control) and mod the chassis so you can use a standard steering servo(usually the hardest part of converting toy-grade to hobby-grade)
also, you will need a hobby grade 2ch radio.
Why don't you PM him tem and solve his issue, in fact, buy a ticket and fly out there and fix it yourself.

Oh, and Radio Shack made cool cars that were total garbage - BITD, and even worse today.

Put that in your your pipe and smoke on it.

Old 11-22-2011, 06:37 PM
kistner
My Feedback: (10)

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

I have to say there really is not a lot that can be done with a toy grade rc aside from heavy modding. But I hope that you are not discouraged by the rude answers you got. This is a cool hobby with some good people on here that actually help and contribute (and a few that don't)
Old 11-22-2011, 06:38 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

if you hate'm thats fine.
just dont know why you gotta beat on this guy for wanting to fix his.
Old 11-22-2011, 06:40 PM
Smiff 24

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is from 2005, may still be able to get parts...
http://support.radioshack.com/suppor...oc48/48670.htm
Old 11-22-2011, 06:40 PM
dragnse7en
Banned

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: dragnse7en

Call Shadio Rack; I'm quite sure that they'll say the same thing - Throw it in the trash.

''sales guy'' - I'll be happy to show you these cell phones! - What he doesn't say is that those will also be trash in 1 or 2 years.

You disgust me for posting this. Thanks for wasting my time, and everyone else who has read this. Don't you know that Radio Shack has the most negative parts support for RCs?

Wake Up.

fixed it for you

I love when I go in for a pack of resistors, and they keep bugging me to buy a cell phone saying if I switch I could save money every month. I ask how I can save more than $0 then they look confused, the kind of confused when I say I need a certain size of resistor cause they keep hounding me when I walk in, say they don't have it, and I have to tell them to get their worthless carcass out of my way so I can get what I came for that they are standing in front of. Side note I HATE radio shack sadly it used to be my favorite store when they actually carried parts
Yeah, Shadio Rack is super twisted now. They used to be what is now CompUSA, and used to sell all sort of elecrtic parts. Nowadays, walk in looking for a part, and the store is smaller!!!!! Cell phones from Verizon and other high-priced crap that would most likely break. GAH!

Old 11-22-2011, 06:43 PM
dragnse7en
Banned

In the East Coast, don't go to a Radio Shack store then. Point Blank. Why should I help out a guy that bought a toy-grade rc in the 1st place? Excuse me? Ask that question again? Yeah, I thought so.

Old 11-22-2011, 06:50 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

In the East Coast, don't go to a Radio Shack store then. Point Blank. Why should I help out a guy that bought a toy-grade rc in the 1st place? Excuse me? Ask that question again? Yeah, I thought so.

i suppose you just dont know how to fix them, or upgrade them.
Old 11-22-2011, 06:58 PM
dragnse7en
Banned

I throw them out. I threw them out when I was 12, b/c my father and I went to Shadio Rack, and they said to goto the MFG for repairs.

No, I never have, and never would repair a POS Radio Shack car.

nitrosportsrunner - YOUARENOW WALKINGONAVERY, VERYTHINLINERIGHTNOW WITH ME.

You fix it - genius.

Old 11-22-2011, 10:01 PM
radcliff

I'll check that out, thanks, and when Itry to go in reverse nothing happens no sounds or anything.
Old 11-22-2011, 10:02 PM
Sunfirefoot

I agree, it takes creativity to take a " toy grade" and turn it into something great, this guy just likes causing drama on the forums, unfortunate isn't it?
Old 11-22-2011, 10:10 PM
Sunfirefoot

I throw them out. I threw them out when I was 12, b/c my father and I went to Shadio Rack, and they said to goto the MFG for repairs.

No, I never have, and never would repair a POS Radio Shack car.

nitrosportsrunner - YOU ARE NOW WALKING ON A VERY, VERY THIN LINE RIGHT NOW WITH ME.

You fix it - genius.

Chill out, why do you do this? Do you get kicks out of messing up the forums with your bashing? You bashed a guy last week for wanting to get his kids involved in the hobby and now this poor guy who asked a simple friggin question and you felt the need to chew him up and spit him out, you claim you were in the military? Show some respect, and stop with the BS, answer the question or leave him alone, it's as simple as that, and FYI blocking me won't harm me any, it will do me a favor.
Old 11-22-2011, 10:11 PM
radcliff

Thanks for the tips I'll try that out, and thanks to everyone for not being a jerk to a new guy with a limited knowledge, I appreciate it.
Is it possible to mod a car to run with an extra three or four pounds mounted to it?
Old 11-22-2011, 10:32 PM
Sunfirefoot

Your welcome!!!! That's what we're here for, yes it's possible, my old Emaxx would drag me down my street on a skateboard, it's def. possible, go YouTube rc truck pulls, pretty awesome!!!!
Old 11-22-2011, 11:56 PM
Foxy

Thread cleaned up. Let's try to remember that this site is 'RC' Universe, not "Hobby grade RC" Universe. All discussions are welcome here.
Old 11-23-2011, 05:31 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

ORIGINAL: Foxy

Thread cleaned up. Let's try to remember that this site is 'RC' Universe, not ''Hobby grade RC'' Universe. All discussions are welcome here.
thank u, thats what i was trying to say.

anything thats controlled with a radio can be FUN! thats what the hobby is for...FUN!

hey radcliff, got any pics of the buggy???
Old 11-23-2011, 05:39 AM
Captain Terrific
My Feedback: (2)

Dragnse7en, the guy just had a question. Lighten up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.