Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

dragnse7en's Team Associated RC10CE project

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2011, 09:20 PM
dragnse7en
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dragnse7en's Team Associated RC10CE project

Hi there everyone

Yet again, another restore and rebuild thread. This time, I believe that it's the Team Associated RC10 Championship Edition buggy.

I am pretty sure that the chassis I bought is indeed a CE edition, but then again, I've been surprised and proven wrong before.

This time, I think I want to add some non-CE era features to this project.

I really like the newer front wide white arms on this one so far. I will most likely need advice and help with this edition, because I don't know all that came in this kit BITD.

Also, those un-used stealth transmission holes in the chassis seem so tempting. I have a B3 Stealth from my cousin, but I'm not certain if it would be appropriate for this project.

What I do not know about the CE, is what type of shocks they had. Internal load? External load, but with different top caps? I'm completely lost there.

Thoughts?
Old 12-13-2011, 07:53 AM
Scottgir

Default RE: dragnse7en's Team Associated RC10CE project

The early edition CE's had the original bottom load shocks. (classic all gold, including the cap). The mid production run (which I believe yours is but can't see the holes in the shock tower) of these had 6 holes in the shock tower and the top load shocks (still with the gold cap though) and later production had the black plastic shock caps (still top load though). Check the stamp, it should be AB (because of the stealth holes).

You really can't go wrong with any of the gold shocks on this, Black cap or all gold. The CE came with both.

They came with the 6 gear transmission, but obviously the chassis will accept a stealth transmission. You can install a B3 tranny but you'll have to bevel out a square out of the aluminum in the rear for the transmission to seat right.

They came with dog bones, not universals.

Hope this helps.

If you're looking to make it period correct, add the following: Top load gold capped shocks, 6 gear tranny, dog bones
Old 12-13-2011, 09:41 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

You'd have to hack the chassis to install the B2/3 transmission. On the 2/3, there's a little square protrusion that goes through the rear T-plate on the B2/3, and the holes are in different locations.

It can definitely be done, but do you really want to wreck the integrity of the original chassis?

Looking forward to seeing this one come alive[8D]
Old 12-14-2011, 04:52 PM
Haddi Taha

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nice find, I am also looking forward to see this alive again

Old 12-14-2011, 04:54 PM
chase1

much better. too many thanks. took me a couple of days to find those pins but they are headed your way. they look more like what came on them new to me.i threw in an original equipment pin that i had left over from mine to. maybe you can make a pair of it. good luck on your new project, looks like you have some work to do.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw66829.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	1700070