Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

new trucks need help

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2011, 08:27 PM
gambit_soulz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new trucks need help

Me and my girl are in the process of buying 2 new rc's; we already hve 2 sc10s 2 wheel drives and a slash 2 wheel drive. She is just starting out and shes looking at duratrx evader and the arrma fury. I am looking hpi blitz and the venom gambler. Looking for any advice we can get with this process, any suggestions would be great,
Old 12-22-2011, 09:14 PM
thehuntingterminator

Default RE: new trucks need help

you should go with the Blitz, and she should go with the Duratrax Evader. both of these choices are due to better parts support at least as of this time. are you going to be racing or just bashing your Blitz? what is her budget because they have just come out with the BL Evader for $250?
Old 12-23-2011, 04:56 PM
gambit_soulz

well shes going off the tower hobbies web site easy pay she dont want to go with traxxas or t.a because we have them already
Old 12-23-2011, 05:05 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

the arrma looks nice....but not sure how the parts support will be just yet as they are fairly new.

the evader is OK. Not my fav, but not a bad truck.

And i would take the blitz over the venom any day.

You already have some 2wd trucks, why not consider a 4wd?
Old 12-24-2011, 08:39 AM
JRockZ

For sure go with the Evader ext2 or the new brushless evader you wont be dissappointed, if you go with the EXT2 you can  later upgrade to brushless quite easily,  the parts from the brushless evader are 100% compatable with the etx and ext2 so you can now have a full metal gear trans check out the The Evader Coalition post/s plenty of good info.
 My friends 12yr old nephew got an older evader EXT brand new for 75 bucks, he's had it a couple months now and not broke a thing even purposely running it into walls, fences, dogs, cars and people lol.
 You can also find a good used Evader on ebay for around 60-90 bucks. The stock evader can run a 2s lipo too for extra long rrun time and awesome power.
Good luck!!
Old 12-24-2011, 09:56 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

Did the Gambler finally come out?
Old 12-24-2011, 10:52 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: ThunderbirdJunkie

Did the Gambler finally come out?
well acording to tower the brushed one is discontinued already, and the BL ones are in stock... the brushed being DC'd already kinda raises concerns to me about its future.
Old 12-24-2011, 11:25 AM
Lilredmachine

Shame, the Gambler is an awesome racing chassis. Looks like Venom's inability to get anything to the market in a decent time scale has shot them in the foot again.

Blitz is a great truck. I'd consider a Gambler for racing but I'm pretty much veteran. If you are relatively new to the game then a not particularly well supported truck is bad news for bashing. My blits is tough as all heck and is one of the nicest put together and designed trucks I have owned (out of 35 ish).

Evader with a metal tranny is good, never heard any complaints about them other than the drivetrain being a bit delicate with big power. Though, if you are looking at the Evader, why not look at the E-firestorm? It's just a short Blitz.
Old 01-07-2012, 10:50 PM
BKoz559
My Feedback: (3)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I bought a Gambler just before X-mas; it was an impulse buy. One night while reading email I received an ad from Tower with Gamblers priced at $159 for brushed and $249 for brushless. I also get another $35 off for being a Tower member and shipping was free. So, for $214.96 to my door, I have a blue brushless Gambler on my shelf.

I was leaning towards an SC10 or a Blitz RTR but this offer was tough to pass up. It's still in the box as I haven't had time to drive it yet. I'll get back to you guys with a review.
Old 01-08-2012, 04:58 PM
rmabe

on the Fury you can used team Ass pinoin ans spur ,and diff gear with the slippers pad from team