Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

New to me Bandit VXL

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2011, 09:29 PM
lilbrett

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to me Bandit VXL

I haven't posted much here but I just got my first electric. I got it from a buddy of mine used but in new condition, not a scratch or spec of dirt on it. I had an old riding mower I wanted to get rid of so I traded him for the car two 7.2v nihm batteries and a Onyx 230 charger all of which was put back in the original boxes before I got it. I had just bought a set of Slash wheels and tires from my LHS for $10 so I threw them on along with a new RPM front bumper. The RPM bumper lasted about 4 days I guess I will get to try their warranty. Well on to the pictures.
Right after I got it, I had just run it in my front yard.

New shoes, borrowed my Nitro Rustler's RPM bumper until my new one came in.

First batch of broken parts, 1 front shock tower, 3 shock caps and 1 front bearing carrier.

Second batch of broken parts, front caster block and a RPM front bumper
Old 12-30-2011, 09:45 PM
xerxes

Default RE: New to me Bandit VXL

k. so wut do u need 2 no? good upgrades?
rpm spindles.
traxxas alum caster bloks.
rpm shok tower.
alum shok caps.

how u managd all dat carnage on6cell nicads is beyond xerxes comprehensioun. srsly. 2 rpm bumprs?[&:]
Old 12-30-2011, 10:18 PM
lilbrett

ORIGINAL: xerxes

rpm spindles.
rpm shok tower.
alum shok caps.

how u managd all dat carnage on6cell nicads is beyond xerxes comprehensioun. srsly. 2 rpm bumprs?[&:]
No questions yet, just throwing this out there. I like to beat the crap out of my trucks until I can do it with out them breaking, my best was when I cracked the case of my new 2.5R in my Nitro Rustler on only the 4th tank after break in.

Old 12-30-2011, 10:26 PM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

rpm spindles.
rpm shok tower.
alum shok caps.

I like it when people just post up their experiences with rc... I wish more people would do it rather then just asking "whats better?" or "how do I do this?"...
Old 12-30-2011, 10:32 PM
lilbrett

ORIGINAL: TheKennyKiller

rpm spindles.
rpm shok tower.
alum shok caps.

I like it when people just post up their experiences with rc... I wish more people would do it rather then just asking "whats better?" or "how do I do this?"...
Same here, that way we have "fun" stuff to talk about instead of only when they break, most of my fun stories end with breaking though.

Old 12-30-2011, 10:34 PM
Sunfirefoot
My Feedback: (30)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Love this thread so far!!! Like that you have 0 questions and post pics of an awesome wreck, looks like my rustler currently and I just got it last week lol it took off on me (lost control) and found a hydrant.
Old 12-30-2011, 11:07 PM
lilbrett

I forgot to put that my buddy also gave me $20 towards a new battery incase the 2 he had were bad, they weren't.

ORIGINAL: Sunfirefoot

Love this thread so far!!! Like that you have 0 questions and post pics of an awesome wreck, looks like my rustler currently and I just got it last week lol it took off on me (lost control) and found a hydrant.
That happened with my nitro rustler one time, you may not believe what I am about to say, I wouldn't without seeing it. I was on my street and it was 2 houses down and at half throttle heading away from me when I lost all control, it left my street crossed a divided street went into someones yard SOMEHOW turned around came back across the divided street went under a moving car WITHOUT getting crushed and the whole time the throttle was slowing down so it just slowed to a stop as I got to it. It was the craziest thing my car ever did.

Old 01-01-2012, 02:14 PM
hindupimp2384

just buy RPM parts for the whole car and it will not break like mine, i have rustler fully rpm, and LCG chassis and il have jumped a 4 story house and the car crash hard, i mean hard and all that happened is the esc i double side come off.  thats it.  RPM and a metal bulkhead will do you good promise.  just dont relay on your crappy Veliniuom (however you spell it) ESC it fails but the motor is awesome, so if the esc gives you problem go on ebay and get castle esc and your set up will be awesome.

thats my thoughts
Old 01-01-2012, 02:17 PM
hindupimp2384

lol i seen you broke an RPM bumper holy shyt how in the hell, i have done crazy things and never broke any rpm parts except bending it.  wow.  RPM will replace it but ti takes like 2-3weeks.
Old 01-01-2012, 08:43 PM
lilbrett

ORIGINAL: hindupimp2384

lol i seen you broke an RPM bumper holy shyt how in the hell, i have done crazy things and never broke any rpm parts except bending it. wow. RPM will replace it but ti takes like 2-3weeks.
Yea, I think RPM had a bad batch because the one on my Nitro Rustler has taken LOTS of abuse.

Old 01-03-2012, 07:19 PM
lilbrett

Another run, another part to replace with RPM along with a possible dent in my wife's car door (she saw/heard it and is not happy lol)

Old 01-03-2012, 07:26 PM
pyromatic177

That's awesome. you must be a crazy driver
Old 01-03-2012, 07:32 PM
lilbrett

Yea, I am pretty rough, I need to get a video to throw up. I have a little tree in my front yard that dirt built up around it so I come from the street and hit the dirt. If I hit it right I can front flip and land on the wheels, a little of on the speed and the landing is going to be rough, a little to either side and I will barrel roll and tumble (how I hit the wife's car), the other side I clip the tree (thats how I broke the RPM bumper).
Old 01-03-2012, 07:34 PM
pyromatic177

LOL awesome. yeah i hit a barn with my t-maxx and broke the front bulkhead, bumper, and skid plate

Old 01-03-2012, 09:07 PM
The_Shark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

geezus, why dont you start up a nitro truck, open the throttle all the way then let it go?

rough man rough[]
i used to have a old-school one, it was my first hobby grade rc, resistor plate and all, it was pretty quick with 12turn though!

should've bought a duratrax, they give you free plastic spares for a year (you might be excluded)
Old 01-04-2012, 06:18 AM
lilbrett

ORIGINAL: The_Shark

geezus, why dont you start up a nitro truck, open the throttle all the way then let it go?

rough man rough[]
What are you talking about? If your refering to the cracked 2.5R, that came from a 30-35 foot jump where I couldn't get the truck to level out and it landed upside down shattering one side of the motor mount and breaking the tab on the other side.
Old 01-04-2012, 07:09 AM
cumminspower5.9
My Feedback: (4)

lol man you are rough on these cars. you should be a durability tester haha. it is fun though trying to find out the capabilities of an rc. i used to have a bandit vxl. nice buggy, but couldn't handle a corner well. i broke parts off of stupid wrecks. i clipped a telephone pole at like 5 mph... snapped the caster block and lost the bearings. did that twice. the pole was out to get me lol.
Old 01-04-2012, 08:28 AM
The_Shark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: lilbrett

rough man rough[]
What are you talking about? If your refering to the cracked 2.5R, that came from a 30-35 foot jump where I couldn't get the truck to level out and it landed upside down shattering one side of the motor mount and breaking the tab on the other side.
no, in general, its almost as if the car has a better chance of survival if you had a full blown run-away.

im not going to judge you for what you do with your models, so long your paying for thier repair.

i just remember when i was young if i cracked something i would have to wait well over a week for the parents to pay for one, or i would have to cut someones lawn because of the brokeness. so i learned how to have alot of fun/jumps without wrecking out, paid off well since i rarely need to repair anything, last repair was a knuckle for a t-maxx after overshooting a jump, before that was a year ago when i stripped out a spur.
Old 01-04-2012, 05:15 PM
lilbrett

ORIGINAL: lilbrett

rough man rough[]
no, in general, its almost as if the car has a better chance of survival if you had a full blown run-away.

im not going to judge you for what you do with your models, so long your paying for thier repair.

i just remember when i was young if i cracked something i would have to wait well over a week for the parents to pay for one, or i would have to cut someones lawn because of the brokeness. so i learned how to have alot of fun/jumps without wrecking out, paid off well since i rarely need to repair anything, last repair was a knuckle for a t-maxx after overshooting a jump, before that was a year ago when i stripped out a spur.
I don't know how old you think I am but I'm definitely paying for my repairs and upgrades, I've been married for 7yrs and have a 2yr old and my son is due next month. I've been paying my own way since I was 16, and was living in Japan when I was 18.

Whatever though, it's a toy that is used in a hobby for fun as long as the person driving it is having fun that's all that matters, be it racing, bashing, building shelf queens HAVE FUN.

Old 01-04-2012, 05:23 PM
pyromatic177

it's a toy that is used in a hobby for fun as long as the person driving it is having fun that's all that matters, be it racing, bashing, building shelf queens HAVE FUN.

[/quote]

Spoken like a true poet