Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

HPI Blitz Brush less help

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2012, 06:18 PM
arrowshark
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HPI Blitz Brush less help

Looking to upgrade to a brush less system for my HPI Blitz any suggestions on a decent system that i can install without any mods thanks I will eventually get into some racing once my experiance gets better[X(]
Old 01-18-2012, 06:33 PM
pyromatic177

Default RE: HPI Blitz Brush less help

here's castle creations race setup for short course truckshttp://www.castlecreations.com/produ...-race-pro.html
castle is an awesome company so i hear
Old 01-18-2012, 06:37 PM
thehuntingterminator

if your planning on racing i would recommend a pretty high quality system, regardless of what you choose. i would either recommend the Castle Sidewinder SCT Combo or a sensored system from Dynamite (there are some from Tekin but they are going to cost a good bit more). both are going to be great for racing but the SCT combo will have more power, while the Dynamite combo will feel smoother and maybe slightly more appropriate for racing. both are good choices, and keep in mind there are other options out there too. these are just the 2 that came into mind and are relatively cheap for a racing BL system.
ORIGINAL: arrowshark

Looking to upgrade to a brush less system for my HPI Blitz any suggestions on a decent system that i can install without any mods thanks I will eventually get into some racing once my experiance gets better[X(]
Old 01-18-2012, 06:48 PM
pyromatic177

now see i was gonna say the sidewinder sct but the one i saw said it's a racing edition so would it be better?
Old 01-18-2012, 06:52 PM
thehuntingterminator

they use the same motor (with different sized shafts), but a different ESC. the one i linked is cheaper cuz it uses the lighter duty Sidewinder ESC, while the Pro version you linked uses the heavier duty Mamba Max Pro ESC. both will work for the Blitz, but i see no reason to pay the extra $100 for the Pro version when the Sidewinder ESC should handle the job just fine.
ORIGINAL: pyromatic177

now see i was gonna say the sidewinder sct but the one i saw said it's a racing edition so would it be better?
Old 01-18-2012, 07:01 PM
pyromatic177

Well good thing you were here cause i dont really know that much about castle. but i know that some systems are not race worthy so i went to make castle another $100 LOL
Old 01-18-2012, 07:03 PM
thehuntingterminator

well just for reference: the Pro's ESC is the same on that is in the Savage Flux 2350. obviously, its gonna be overkill for the Blitz. however, if the guy's got the extra cash, then go for it. then you never have to worry about the ESC overheating (within reason).
ORIGINAL: pyromatic177

Well good thing you were here cause i dont really know that much about castle. but i know that some systems are not race worthy so i went to make castle another $100 LOL
Old 01-18-2012, 08:10 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

Oh cool, when did Dynamite come out with a sensored system?

ThunderbirdJunkie may have to try that when he goes brushless in the XXX-T.
Old 01-19-2012, 05:03 AM
arrowshark
My Feedback: (1)

thanks so much for the help it answerd a lot of my questions i raced gas boats for 4 years and thought i needed a change i said i would not get too deep into the rc race scene i see thats not working out for me LOL
Old 01-19-2012, 05:07 PM
thehuntingterminator

not exactly sure, but i think either late fall or early winter of 2011.
ORIGINAL: ThunderbirdJunkie

Oh cool, when did Dynamite come out with a sensored system?