Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Mamba pro sct

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2012, 10:49 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Mamba pro sct

Let us know how it works out for ya[8D]
Old 01-20-2012, 11:24 AM
plasma 327

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: acexxxoasis

so I got the toro 4000KV
http://www.ckhobby.com/shop/?control...product_id=388

we shall see :-/
You are going to put this set up in a buggy?
Old 01-20-2012, 09:23 PM
acexxxoasis
My Feedback: (4)

"buggy" aka scte with buggy wheels and a wing :P
I have hit a snag though they have become back ordered till February... not that far off but DANG IT I WANT TO RUN IT!
Old 01-21-2012, 09:49 AM
acexxxoasis

so I just got off the phone with mike with www.ckhobby.com he's good people! we held a conversation for about 20 minutes about everything dealing with my order including roughly when it will come in and which system would be best for me and he even helped me find out my stator shorted out on my motor, so all in all it was a great experience thus far! when I get the system in I will definitely post a review of it! TBJ he even said that the 4000 would be better then the 4600! :P
Old 01-21-2012, 09:52 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

Mike is indeed good people, glad he helped you out[8D]
Old 01-21-2012, 11:04 AM
acexxxoasis

yeah he also let me know if i were to try and run the mamba controller with like a tenshock or toro motor I would likely fry it without a bec from brown outs and explained to me what they are, still don't entirely follow it but it was nice to speak with someone and who is looking out for MY good over his shops good I let him know my predicament he offered a couple motors that would work that could be shipped out now or wait until the toro reaches shores again
Old 02-09-2012, 10:24 PM
acexxxoasis

It shipped!!!! Not hear yet but YAY!!! Tracking number waiting on it to get here now!
Old 02-13-2012, 11:34 AM
acexxxoasis

So it arrived today unfortunately at the start of my work week :-/ ANNND it snowed so I won't be able to test it out anytime soon :-/ but it looks very well designed comes with a long and short Esc plug plenty of extra wire an esc mount a programming card and pretty decent instruction manual
Ckhobby was a great shop to deal with if I need anything else I will definitely order through them again!
Who says customer service is missing in this hobby or anymore has not dealt with mike.
Old 02-14-2012, 12:46 AM
acexxxoasis

Pics still need to trim wires and figure out which wires need to be put where etc etc before final solder to get it to spin right way and such kind of a neat freak and don't like the wires all switched around and don't like the bullet plugs either.
Old 02-14-2012, 05:34 PM
savagecommander

i dont see that motor handling 2000 watts.... watch your gearing and temps
Old 02-14-2012, 11:12 PM
acexxxoasis

Why do you say that I wonder savagecommander?
Also kind of wondering where you get the 2000 watts from? Especially knowing watts law... W=A*V and inversely etc you are talking pulling 270 amps... At 7.4V 135 amps at 14.8V it says no more then 3s <4000 so 3s being 180 amps... with continuous amp of 120 burst of 760 on the Esc. I'm assuming they do power similar to how speakers are rated rms and peak... Peak being 2-3X higher then rms... And again I'm using 5ah 2s packs with a 40c rating giving again a maximum output of 200 amps no? Still less then your 2000 watts... And I don't know about you but I've been around rc for a while... Mechanical speed control while... I know how to gear a car. Besides this motor is just as if not beefier internally as the 1415 that was previously on the truck. The rotor is smaller in diameter but that is because the windings are a heavier gauge then the castle. It's true time will only tell how it holds up but regardless of if and when it fails it was still HALF the cost of the mamba set up.
My .02